Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 36151 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2015, 03:54:27 am »

I didn't actually designate the road. It was like that when I got here. Also, I have a memorial slab in the center of the tower thingy. Not that such an elite noble would ever stoop to reading.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2015, 09:30:30 pm »

Well, I sort of stumbled upon the memorial slab at some point, but I'm not gonna edit things, because that's time that could be used to improve the floors.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2015, 09:47:14 am »

Fuck it, put me on the turn list and dorf me as the first smith who shows up.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2015, 02:42:56 pm »

I'm not sure if Archmage is still paying attention. It might be worth making a new thread to have an editable OP.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2015, 03:02:44 pm »

No that's fine. Just an acknowledgement that I seem to have been dead and thus not responsible for lack of information...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »

You status states that you are ''missing''. It took me good two days to actually locate the slab in the middle of what I assume to be a hall, thanks to my inability to read pure ASCII. At this point I just assumed that you vanished one day, and people erected this thing. How long have you been dead anyway?

Really sorry if I'm confused about certain things, there's been 2 years spread over about 5 months, so things aren't exactly fresh in my mind.  I've been re-reading the posts sporadically in my free time, but I wanted to log in some posts to revitalize the thread asap, so some details are eluding me. We'll just put it on account of the princess not giving much fucks about people around her. My plan is to crush my schedule and play the full year in the next days, so we can get things rolling again. Not sure how that will turn out, with my inability to decipher what I'm seeing. I guess I'll just let people die. Better lying on a pretty floor than living in an ugly desert.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:41:11 pm by Taupe »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2015, 06:57:59 am »

Towards the end of summer it seems. Should definitely have gone from missing to deceased by now.

Though to be fair, you commented about melting dwarves... :D

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2015, 01:43:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Summer is almost over, and so is the construction of the dinning hall. The flooring is done, even tho people still won't finish the staircase tiles for reasons unknown. I'm assuming they want to spite me. regardless of their childish antics, we are now working on the ceiling, which should allow us to place the chairs and tables we desperately need to appreciate our absolute lack of food or drinks. Our fruits were turned to booze, our dogs were turned to meet, and anything remotedly useless was turned into an herbalist.

With summer on the horizon, i ordered some random guys to prepare wood, stone, and bone crafts, to at least give a pretence that our society is not an utter and total failure. we'll trade those for food and drink, assuming the humans understand how deserts and trade work better than elves. In the meantime, some cheese is being made, and anything not currently roofing this hall is running around grabbing fish or gathering something resembling a plant. Me? I'm making blocks. The only useful jobs I can think of for those new migrants is mass-building projects, so we'll need more stone blocks than Armok can barf. One of them is almost decent at carpentry, so I had him make me 4 or five cabinets, because my dresses are scattered on the floor and that's just not something I'm willing to accept. I order a few more, just to satisfy our mayor, Gnott QT. He constantly complains about the state of things, and the lack of accomodations for someone of his stature. he's the only one to truly get me here.

The hall is now complete! Sit down and enjoy your one of 907 unspecified units of plant, citizens! The princess has brought you a roof, something that could resemble a meal, and a mild regime of confused tyranny! In the middle of this architectural success stands a slab honoring triaxx2, whom some believe must have fell into lava at some point during his reign.

And right on time, too! The human traders are here, and i can't wait to spice up the menu with new types of food! Well not literally spice it up, I mean all I had for lunch this week was hot peppers, so... Let's check all the wonderful things that our dwarves crafted this season!

...Wow. you guys made... two rock crafts during this season? It's like the lot of you are addicted to eating your own dogs and drinking piss. Way to sabotage my efforts to delegate the job of getting some trade done over to Ghills. I may ask our new blacksmith, TheFlame52, to forge some metal wheelbarrows, because those sell for a crapton of money. maybe that'll safe us from looking stupid when my mother sends some caravans over here this fall. Alright, Ghills, let's see if you can salvage this disaster... The continued existence of every dog and camel in this settlement rests upon your shoulders.

wait no. don't trade those. Obviously I'm keeping them. Why do i need two crowns, you ask? well, the Lord of Cactusson clearly cannot have a bare head, can he?

i ask the mayor for his support on the issue, but all he does he stare blankly at the craft bin. ''We shall show you true crafting, mortals!'', he exclaims in an eldritch voice, before wandering off. Ushrir, a random dwarf, uses this moment of strangeness to overthrown the mayor, and get himself elected. ''Gnott QT is clearly a weirdo, vote for me, and I'll promise not to proclaim strange otherworldly vague threats!''

The ex-mayor immediately starts gathering stones and dragging them to a nearby mason workshop. he stops, and starts to mutter about leather, bones, and gems. all of these we currently don't have. Bones I can get, leather, maybe... the rest... I tell Ghills that our priorities have changed, we need to secure gems. I ask if we have a tanner workshop ready. I'm told we don't even have a butchering stand. Wait, if we didn't slaughter the dogs, what kind of meat were we exactly eating all this month?

*Taupe, fifth princess cancels construct building: too sick*
The fifth princess retches
The fifth princess vomits

Ghills managed to secure the most expansive gem he could, a friggin diamond, as well as some cheetah leather. If you are going to spend all the colony's trading goods on crafting materials, you might as well go all out and get the best. I can't wait to see which artifact Gnott QT will make. I hope it will be enough to reelect himself mayor, because mayor Ushrir is an asshole, and requires an office trice the size, s well as armor and weapon racks,  and chests. Idiot, we don't have any weapons! Regardless, if he's having a rack, I'm getting one too!

oh, yeah, that's why we need weapons. Some animal is now berserk, and wants us all dead. Save us, milicia, save us, human traders!

Gnott QT regains consciousness, and asks what happened. I remind him that in a fit of rage, he passed out after losing the elections. He then began to walk in his sleep, and built me a table, hoping I'd help him get reelected. Why, this is such a fine table, my friend, I'll see what I can do for you.

With a roof over our heads, and a neat table in my office, i feel like our fort is doing great. Mother will be incredibly happy. All I need to do now, is secure the booze stocks, and maybe work on some additional bedrooms for the important dwarves. This should be a peaceful enough end of summer...

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:44:19 pm by Taupe »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »

Now we're all going to die to giant hairy gopher farts. Delightful.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2015, 11:21:08 pm »

Well, time to actually figure out what the non-first z-levels of this fruit-sucking desert outpost are all about, I suppose! I scout the blueprints, and realize that apart from a very random giant room along the way, everything is simply a weird, M shaped set of tunnels going to the bottom of the earth. At the end of it all, a staircase leads directly into a freaking lake, and another right into the magma forges. Like, why are the forges so big? We could have everyone smelting fruits in lava and still have leftover space to throw a magma party. Quickly, I order the real staircase blocked momentarily, and the other one leading straight down into a fucking lake sealed-off forever. Some dwarves are trapped in the magma forges. Don't care. Assemble the army!

Everyone is wearing leather suits, or told to at least, but the fact that we never butchered a single animal or could ever produce any of the backpacks or quiver queued by the previous overseers is enough to tell me that our army isn't worth a damn. Thankfully, I soon figure out that blocking the lake entrance has cut off the base from the underworld: the only way in is through a magma channel, where i presume Triaxx2's atoms are currently swimming merrily. Right as I order the wall temporarily erected, a bunch of farmers rush downstairs to grab some rocks. well, at least i know where the rocks are now. So we are safe. the beasts cannot make it inside. there is only a single tunnel leading straight into our safe magma forges. Civilians are going up and down casually without a single problems, which will make the next part really strange:

The milicia , on their way to the bottom of the caverns, have engaged a group of troglodytes. which is weird for so many reasons.
1-The civilians have been using this corridor without interruption for the last 6 months, including basically 5 minutes ago
2-there is no way to hide anywhere for the troglodytes
3-there is no way for them to actually get in the tunnels unless they fly (assuming they can't).

So a bunch of troglodytes apparently flew, or swam in a lava corridor, then molded with the walls T-1000 style, for about two weeks, ignored every civilians and were ignored by them, as well as by the hunters, and then decided to atack the milicia as they were on the way to the forges. This place, I can't even.

Well, the good news is that somehow the gopher is fighting off another resident of the caverns. This is also the bad news. there is another monster in the caverns. I'm assuming it can't fly, or swim in lava, because it's not described as a fucking troglodyte, but just in case, I'll do nothing and remain ready to apologize for the deaths of any potential dwarves.

The news of two deadly monsters living underneath the outpost is enough to make everyone give birth out of terror. Look, dwarf biology is weird like that.

Not only babies, but adult dwarves arrive in Murderflood! Autumn is here, and so are the merchants from the mountainhomes. This time, I actually got people to craft random stuff. It isn't much, but maybe it'll secure some drinks. While they were on their way, i put the idlers (aka, every fucking body) on two new projects: Roofing over the dorms on the third floor, and making the walls two large. we are obviously short of a thousand blocks of the same stone, so we'll have to forgo uniformity. I think a spotted and multi-colored wall will still look god in the middle of the desert, shining in the middle of the bright sands. The north section is now 2-0large, with the inside made of microcline, which looks fabulous. Ideally, we'll be able to add a second layer, to make it non-climbable, then some fortifications. For now, we'll start with the easy part.

As for the apartment building, the upper floors are finally finished, and beds are installed. Or they would be, if we had any beds left. I order a second carpenter workshop, then a third. Cut some trees, make some stockpiles, craft barrels, craft some bins. We'll need more cabinets and tables too, as well as chests so Ushrir can stop whinning. Bitch, get your own artefact furniture. (also shotgun any future artefact).

I send Ghills to trade with some craft bins, with orders to secure drinks, fish and maybe some bags. We still need windows, but that requires sand, which requires bag, which requires cloth, which require sheeps. Too many steps. Just get me some bags. Once the appartment complex is officially complete, we'll think about maybe equipping the army. Or forging stuff. Maybe start a new building to house more people?

Holy shit, by Armok's fiery beard there is now 97 dwarves in this settlement, no wonder we are running out of booze so fast! Yup, definitely need more rooms. But should I finish the walls instead? maybe if i spend a full season making blocks non-stop we can do both? We now have 30 idlers unless I give them masonry jobs, and the hall can only contain 24 sitted people right now. If I let them rest they'll get overcrowded and complain about more space! Damn them, stupid peasants! for now, I,ll keep them busy by designating stockpiles for wood and blocks, some hauling should keep them occupied. We don't really need stockpiles on the other side of the river, but I prefer my extra materials neatly gathered, instead of littered across the goddamn desert.

Spoiler: ooc notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:26:02 pm by Taupe »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2015, 11:29:42 pm »

I approve of the Ozob drawing.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2015, 01:03:44 am »

Ghills successfully aquire 3 bags, about a two hundred fish units, and maybe 100 fruits, strawberries and otherwise. We'll turn these into some homemade wine, that'll train our brewers and give some idlers a thing or two to do.

More migrants have arrived. That means more useless mouths to feed, and as many idlers to order around. The best idea I can come up with is a set of rooms above the main hall. I'm a pretty decent mason and architect at this point, so by ordering people around with some micromanagement, we get a lot of shit done quickly. More dwarves also means that ensuring the loyalty of the oldest, most useful citizen is important. I'll give the handfull of fellows whose names I can actually remember these awesome rooms. Ghills, McKiwi and McOtherguy, TheFlame, NQT, and our knight of beasts.

The easiest design is to remove some flooring and replace it by walls. I'm a few urists short of adding a 7th room at the end of the corridor, so instead I make a set of stairs, so the cool dwarves can get to their room without using the north staircase. Everything is done in two days.

Yet, we are still unable to get those fucking two squares floored. Really, people? I'm going to sit here and punch people as they pass by until someone gets it right. If you can't get floors there, maybe add another set of stairs. We have a ton of people running around back and forth to the like, 2 beds upstairs, so bigger staircases won't hurt. at this point I don't even care. Just deconstruct everything around if that helps.

Well, there's your problem, you bunch of idiots, there was a cedar log stuck underneath the floor. It's been two seasons, and the reason you were telling me about a creature occupying site was actually, a log. Ok, you suck, I'm staying here and designating every space manually, and pointing it to an idler. You, move this. You, move that.

Progress is made at a spectacular speed, as long as i remain on site as a master builder, and order every tile to be filled as soon as it,s reachable. This keeps half the idlers hauling rocks, and the other half moving new blocks to the emptied stockpiles. Fair enough. The only problem i see is that Bembur, that inefficient manager, is doing nothing. Even without any duties including hauling or construction, he has not approved a single work order in two months. We have still no beds for the dorms, no bins, no barrels. Even the rock blocks aren't getting made properly. For an accomplished organizer, Bembur is kind of terrible at being the McManager.

I turn to Gnott QT, our ex-mayor and only dwarf I truly believe in.

''Can you get the manager job done?
-I know nothing about organizing, but I'll see what I can do. anything to get a desk again, really.''

Within a day, everything has been approved. Good job, manager QT. He offers some good suggestion, which I heartily approve. The idle dwarves are to constantly emty the faraway stockpiles on the other sides of the canyon, and bring back block bins and wooden logs to the closest piles, as soon as they are emptied. that way, we don't have to go and grab extra materials far away when in a rush. He adds orders for wooden furniture, to stuff his room and the others, then add a few smelting jobs, so we can get the forges running.

Now may be a good time to set some workers to leatherworking, which we couldn't do earlier this year. We set a few adult dogs to be killed, since we have about 12 puppies. the leather will be used to make ten backpacks and quivers.

It's not even halfway through the fall season, and the rooms are already complete. While browsing the blueprints, I realize how easy it would be to simply add a second layer of rooms. Add walls on the top of the bottom walls, and flooring over the new rooms, and we are in business. The staircase already leads to the roof, and there won't be anything to deconstruct, appart from the south staircases which must be expanded upward. To work, my loyal and complaining subjects!

some may oppose my tyraniccal focus on infrastructure over idling, but none can deny that I fullfilled my end of the bargain. We are now well stocked in plants, fruits, prepared meals, meat and fish, as well as cheese. We also have a variety of brewed beverages, and there's now a dinning hall to feast and party. People now have a dorm, some have rooms, and we no longer spend half the workday emptying sand from our shoes.

Oh shit, shoes. We have no clothes!

News of my progress has reached the mountainhomes. The leaders of the decisive Nets know what I'm capable of, and now recognize Murderflood as part of a barony, which I shall call the Barony of Cactusson. The good liason would know if I have a suggestion for the new baron. Why, yes, I very much do.How about Deus Asmoth, for example? He so happens to already be named Lord of Cactusson. What a coincidence!

speaking of coincidences revolving around my husband, it seems that my dear mother has finally died. What a tragedy! My sister Urdim now rules the Decisive Nets as queen. Which is weird, since both Atis and Iden are actually older than Urdim. However, I am too devastated by such a dire revelation to actually care about succession details. Poor mother! Did she at least learn of my success here before her tragic and suspicious poison-related death? I seek my husband and soon-to-be baron, Deus Asmoth, but he is as shaken as I am. All he can do is smile from grief, writing letters in his office, while muttering ''four to go now''.

At least the outpost liaison is my cousin, and he offers a few kind words. He asks if there's anything he can do to help me. YES I want pretty dresses. I am to become a baroness, which is not as cool as being a princess but they sort of stack together. I can't be wearing old rags, or non-fancy rags, or rags at all. Also the peasants probably want pants and i guess sandals too. Make sure to include a bunch of bags, maybe some glass windows 'cause they be pretty, and hum more fruits would definitely help, both for drinks and because deserts sucks when you eat only dry meat.

Fall will be over soon. I decide I'll finish the building projects, set a few things in order, and pass on the leadership to our manager Gnott QT. He seems to be getting the hang of things around here, more than the old manager ever did. He was once mayor, too, so that sort of validate his claim for overseer. I have a hard time focusing on my tasks now that mother has passed away. I'll probably have a ton of meetings and balls and dancing parties to attend once I'm both a baroness and a princess, and also the queen's younger sister. Being important is hard work. You don't know this. You're just a peasant.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:04:02 am by Taupe »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2015, 03:46:51 am »

Bah. Why couldn't Urdim just stand down like her sisters. I hate it when I have to kill family members. Wait, not hate... That other thing. Enjoy. Yes. Bwa ha ha.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2015, 04:16:40 am »

The outpost now has 39 idlers. I cannot tolerate lazy commoners on my soon-to-be barony. no, this will not do. they need new projects. First, you'll put furnitures in the new awesome rooms. We have nine dwarves worthy of them, and some of them have wives, which makes about 14 new housed dwarves with cool bedrooms. The rest now share a gigantic dormitory at the third floor of the housing complex, above the mayoral suite.

Hum, maybe a new stockpile will keep them busy? I don't think we have any finished goods stored conveniently, so I design a very fancy warehouse, right next to the trading depot. Microcline and ortoclase make for a very colorful and fancy building, which will no doubt impress the traders as they visit out desert colony. Building the warehouse keeps people busy for maybe 3 days, storing it full of goods and sorting that in bins maybe another. this won't do. Add a craftdwarf workshop inside, and start crafting stuff out of wood.

Oh, maybe some upper floor? Once we reach enough stuff in our logbook, it could be a good idea to separate the finished goods in different categories. That way we can bring just what we need to the depot in basically 30 seconds, without dumping every non-tradeable goods outside. We could also add another craftdwarf workshop inside, which would prevent workers from being in the sandy hills while doing their business. Add a beautiful bauxite roof to complement the place with fancy primary colors. Did she just spend all our bauxite on a roof? Relax, we'll find more non-meltable things down the road. Those were blocks anyway. i accidentally unforbit them for a few moments, and people made exactly 24, which is what I needed. It was destiny.

Speaking of blocks, we apparently ran out of non-economic stones to make blocks out of. I'll have to start mining for more goodies. In the meantime, we have about 150 phyllite blocks ready, so I'll keep people occupîed with the wall improvements. With the masons out of a job, the idlers now total 54. This is absurd. MAKE THE WALL. STOP FALLING IN THE RIVER WHILE DOING SO!

Replacing the flooring above the river is apparently dangerous when 14 dwarves decide to stand on the same tile while it is being deconstructed. Nobody was lost, I think. Not that i actually cared to look. Thank Armok, my excessive demand for furnitures has exhausted our log surplus, which means I have a good reason to dispatch the woodcutters downhill to get more. I agree to let the trees grow freely inside the walls, because shadowy spots can be a godsend during the summer. While we're at it, we seem to have a lot of barrels. Why don't you guys go and grab like, all the plants ever?

Yeah, hum, maybe don't do that. Yes, definitely cancel gathering all the plants ever, and return to base. Time to activate the alarm and get everyone inside the burr...

Oh. Oh... we don't have a burrow at all. We don't even have something resembling an alarm system. That probably means we also don't have an army capable of fending off the enemy. That's not good. Not at all. First thing first, create a burrow and gain access to as many metal weapons as we can as fast as possible.

First thing I learn while making the burrow, is that we may have locked the forges away, and a few dwarves in it. Like, last season. No wonder they went missing. That would also explain why we stopped having access to any form of stone. time to unlock the forges, and still block the underground lake somehow. While under siege.

There, that'll do. Now everyone get inside the walls this instant! Just as I'm done informing everyone of the burrow's restrictions, Rith the fisherdwarf completes an artefact drum. Worth 10800 urists, it isn,t the greatest thing ever created, but it's exactly what we need right now. Ring the drum, Rith, that everyone outside hear it and return inside!

Strange, tho, that I wasn't informed of anyone making such an artefact. As I'm on my way to meet this fishworker, and congratulate him on his new creation, something comes back to me. Wait, he's a big fan of fishing, and his name is Rith...? No, this cannot... this can't be... Oh what?

''Hi sweetie!
-...Dad?
-Look honey, I made a nice drum!
-That's... yes, father, it is truly beautiful, but... why are you here?
-Oh, you know, I decided to take some vacation after your mom died, so I came here to cool off. Yaknow, see how you were doing, go fishing, craft some instrument, investigate strange connections between your husband and the death of my wife. Those kinds of things.
-Dad, the goblins will be here soon, we are under attack!
-Yes. We should probably get on with it. But first, why don,t you get me and your sister a nice room?
-Wut.
-Oh, yes, your sister Atis insisted on meeting your husband. Aban and baby Tholthig are here too!
-...''

I'm not sure what makes me the most unconfortable. the goblin army, or the fact that half the royal family suddenly showed up on my doorstep. Atir immediately declares herself master brewer of the place, and commands that none touch her tools, nor her still. Father grabs a room, Atir the other, and my younger sister the last free decent bedroom. Father also brought along 7 of his cousins, along with their nephews. some of them are really interested in some investigation or another, the rest simply want to visit the outpost. Well, this will be interesting...

Spoiler: OOC notes (click to show/hide)

Diary of Taupîna, Sixth Princess of the Decisive Net
1st of Moonstone

Winter has just started, although it would be hard to tell in this desert. Father has led our wagons to the desert outpost of Murderflood, in the new barony of Cactusson. My older sister reigns there, as father crowned her a baroness earlier this year. She's married to Deus Asmoth, a clever young noble... Maybe too clever. Most of father's cousins believe me to be a naive young girl still. They forget that I am now eighteen! I know very well why they came here, and what they truly seek. They don't trust this baron one bit, and rumors at the mountainhomes are roaming, that baron Asmoth would be behind the death of mother!

Father renounced the throne for now, as did Atir. Their thirst for justice and vengeance was greater than their lust for power, it would seem. Now Urdim rules in the capital, as Quuen of the Decixive Nets. It should have been Iden. Yet, of my elder brother there has been no trace. Some courtier claim that he was coerced by Lord Asmoth to abdicate. But they also speak the same about Atis, who has come with us on this journey. Has she come along to seek vengeance, or does she know more of this plot than she speaks of?

Regardless, Atis is to take part of the investigation, while I am to take care of young Tholthig and nothing more. My chambers are small, but decent rooms seem to be sparse in this colony. Apart from twelve rooms carved in a strange above-ground building, everyone else is sleeping in a packed dormitory at the top of the complex, which lacks windows on many points. It is true that this settlement is still young, and as such i shall remain quiet about my accomodations. It is the duty of the heirs to assume positions of power, while their younger siblings are expected to behave and remain quiet.

Father has gone to talk with Taupe, while I must remain here in the Lone Cactus. What a strange name. for one, it isn't shaped like a cactus at all, and it hardly feels lonely. It's almost like a summerhouse for the royal family. Uncle Dumbestdorf is there, and so are father's cousins, Sir Cerol Toothslayer, as well as TheFlame52 and Zurglarkun. Father's sister is here as well, although she is as silent as ever. I try to entertain myself, but there is little to do in this cactus, aside from meddling with the commoners upstairs, which I'm not too eager to do. Instead I'll teach more of the Decisive Net's history to young Tholthig.

We go over the recent skirmishes with the Crimson Poison, a tribal group of goblins, just as the sound of a strange drum starts to resonate around the colony. I look outside, and see herbalists and woodcutters panicking in the sandy valley below. The enemy has come!

4th of Moonstone,

The colony of Murderflood is in chaos. Everyone is rushing inside, trying to secure weapons and armor to defend themselves. Sadly, the men at arms i see assembling in the courtyard do not look the part. they sport tunics and robes, and aside from a few iron spears, they could be mistaken for peasants. I'm told that some of them have fancy names, such as the Knight of Beasts, but names and titles will not hold against a goblin's charge, not the way steel plate would. Has father inadvertantly led our party to die? Are we to faint here in this desolate outpost, only a few month after mother passed away? I try to convince Tholthig that the strong dwarves of Murderflood will defend us, but in truth i have a hard time convincing even myself. One thing is sure: the Crimson Poison is on the march, and the roads are no longer safe. We are stuck here until this siege is broken, and for Armok knows how long even past that.

Of my sister, there has been no trace. Not since she talked with father a few days ago. She went to organize some defences, and keep track of Murderflood's army supply, yet none has seen her after she showed us to our quarters. In the halls, i can hear uncle DarkFlame talking with the manager.

''...That's enough for 10 iron breastplate. If I hurry, then we may be able to equip this militia in time. Just hold the wall until then. ''

The Lord of Cactusson is trying to assume command, as baron, but father's siblings are working left and right to undermine his authority. Sister insisted that the manager take over in spring, and so the nobles are reporting to Gnott QT rather than Deus Asmoth for the moment. I wonder, are such political manoeuvrings really crucial at this time? What good is this game of throne, if the goblins slaughter us all?

The Crimson Sins have not sent much troops, but all of them bear ranged weapons, which isn't something we can chant about. Crossbows are much needed on our side, but all hope is lost when Murderflood's bowyer is caugh outside by the goblins.

Goblin warcries come from the desert, while panicked banter resonate under my non-window. Father is ringing his drum as loud as he can, while this fort's excuse of a militia is drilling outside. Yet all this is outclassed by the vibrations coming from the ground. Down below, screams of terror and blood-chilling roars escape from the mineshafts. When I focus, I can almost picture something fighting to tear the earth itself asunder, as the lone cactus shake deeply with each blow. The peasants murmur of Ozob, a demonic Gopher monster, locked in an eternal clash with another demon, long forsaken, never truly forgotten.

I don't think i like murderflood very much...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:56:30 am by Taupe »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2015, 05:55:17 pm »

Oh, a Cedar log was a problem? Wimp. I had to listen to insufferable morons telling me the rock felt warm, while we're trying to dig above the magma channels. Also, I might have issues with timing, but my magma forges are epic.

The Orthoclase warehouse goes nice with the gates. I approve.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14