Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 36177 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: Under the burning Sun (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »

I've been thinking about it, and we should have above ground living quarters as well. But I've got a plan for super bedrooms below ground, that are useful for people in a depressed mood. I don't suppose we've got the resources for Crystal Glass do we? I've only ever found them once, and I lost the fort badgers. When I ran into the named one on the third reclaim, I gave up on it.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 07:47:24 pm »

You also missed me and MDFication from the turn list. Also before Darkrider2.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »

Did MDFication want just a dwarf or also a turn? Fixed your turn.

I've been thinking about it, and we should have above ground living quarters as well. But I've got a plan for super bedrooms below ground, that are useful for people in a depressed mood. I don't suppose we've got the resources for Crystal Glass do we? I've only ever found them once, and I lost the fort badgers. When I ran into the named one on the third reclaim, I gave up on it.

We need some active mining works so I will designate some underground housing. I’m going to count vaults “by the building” so a self-contained structure’s vaults can have living quarters underground too, and there’s a large building intended to be built (not sure if it will be completed) on the west side of the canyon.

Should jails be above or underground in Moltenchannels? We could have a traditional dungeon, or alternatively have an aboveground jail out in the desert.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »

Did MDFication want just a dwarf or also a turn? Fixed your turn.

Aw hell, I can't resist. Put me down for a turn.

In terms of jail design.....I'd go for a nice tower. With drawbridge floors, and spikes underneath so we can execute captives on a whim (Read: Dispose of beserk vampires). Bonus points if the spikes are in a dungeon themselves with the disposal bridge forming the ceiling and only way in/out.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »

-snip-

Thought this was another thread, I'd still love to be in, though!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:07:04 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:57 am »

Definitely liking the Spikes idea. Though perhaps not the only entrance? Perhaps a trapped corridor leading to a danger room where the military can engage survivors after they've been suitably mangled?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 10:04:44 am »

Oh man, I'm already planning out the house that I'm going to build for myself!

Also, using floors and blocks to make bridges between houses, ye or ne?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 10:40:23 am »

Also, using floors and blocks to make bridges between houses, ye or ne?
Don't see why not.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 11:50:02 am »

Me too.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 04:58:33 pm »

I like the idea of putting everything in one post, but I'd like some demarkation to indicate new things. I know you're going month to month, but it's not exactly easy to follow in the current format.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 10:14:50 pm »

Glad to see this continuing. Looking forward to my turn. The new version will definitely take some getting used to.

One question - why the above ground especially? Ardentdikes I and II were equally impressive(ly sprawly and badly designed) above and below ground. Did I just miss something at the end of the last thread?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 11:37:49 pm »

Glad to see this continuing. Looking forward to my turn. The new version will definitely take some getting used to.

One question - why the above ground especially? Ardentdikes I and II were equally impressive(ly sprawly and badly designed) above and below ground. Did I just miss something at the end of the last thread?

Original Ardentdikes had quite a pretty above-ground fort. Moltenchannels tried, but ended up as a confusing underground labyrinth that detracted from the attempts to build on the surface. I think the idea here is to focus more above ground.

.....that being said, keep in mind that niceties such as "planning" and "best intentions" tend to vanish pretty quickly in succession games, so I'm guessing by the end of this fort it'll be more of the same. :P

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2014, 11:43:38 pm »

Well, sometimes you want to build something nice, but suddenly an undead horde.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:08:32 pm by Taupe »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2014, 02:50:15 am »

Well, sometimes you want to build something nice, but suddenly and undead horde.

Or in my case "You try to build something nice, but then you get bored and decide to fill the fort with beehives and corpses".

Plus it's always fun to set up a few things that might create some hilarity a few turns later, as long as they're not fort-killing.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2014, 07:38:23 pm »

Progress log: I was occupied for about two days, then got back to everything.

Some special projects are coming underway now....... have expectations of what is to come.

OHRITE. Some dwarves just want to watch the world burn:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:59:07 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14