Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 36204 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: Under the burning Sun (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2014, 11:01:48 am »

You'll be just like the scalpels in the hospital.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2014, 02:15:01 pm »

You'll be just like the scalpels in the hospital.
... submitted as evidence in a malpractice suit?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2014, 04:48:56 pm »

Nah, rusty. Besides, Lawyers are elf inventions. A dwarven malpractice suit is whatever the doctor is wearing.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2014, 06:51:39 pm »

More progress has been made on OPERATION PIMPSTACK, easier to get by now we know where the OBJECTIVE is. I aim for a true pimpstack, with 7 codename-pimps per level, to transport highly pressurised OBJECTIVE between two undisclosed locations. We’ll start out smaller when we start installing codename-pimps, but we still need the stone.

When/if you make a quotes section on the OP, that's going in as #1. Also: make it worthy of the name. Maybe cluster 2-4 stacks of pumps together so we've got even more magma than usual to work with. Only then can it be truly worthy of being called 'The Great Pimpstack'.

Please try not to breach hell during the first year. It'd be a refreshing change of pace from Moltenchannels, but still not a good idea.

Created wealth is currently low. I’m trying to keep that low since an invasion at this time would be very bad.

Does anyone have a unit name for dwarven units of power besides “Urists”?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:03:44 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2014, 06:59:32 pm »

Joules?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »

Studying advanced physics in the dwarven world must so suck.

''Oh, we need to build a power generator? No prob, let me consult the manuals to calculate the specs''
u*u/4u(2u+3u2/u)+(u*u*2u)=u, where u is calculated with (u*u*u2)/u, and u=2u/4u*u
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Table flip*

In retrospect that would explain why so many dwarven projects result in terminal cases of fun...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:41:10 pm by Taupe »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2014, 10:55:15 pm »

I just call them "units" of power. No sense calling everything "urists". It gets silly.*

*Why yes, this is coming from the person who flooded the last fortress with bees. That was serious business, honestly.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:07 am »

As well as bees, the last fortress was variously flooded with keas, forgotten beast blood, water, undead corpses, magma, and goblin limbs. I think we all know what Murderflood will be flooded with.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »

As well as bees, the last fortress was variously flooded with keas, forgotten beast blood, water, undead corpses, magma, and goblin limbs. I think we all know what Murderflood will be flooded with.

Gold, booze and friendship obviously.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 06:46:16 pm »

Gold, booze and friendship obviously.
Aw. I was hoping the answer was murder so we could find out how to flood something with a verb. Or a legal concept. One or the other.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 08:20:45 pm »

What are we making the pimps out of? My vote is glass, but that's always my vote since it's simple and cheap. Especially now we can make magma glass smelters.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 08:27:40 pm »

What are we making the pimps out of? My vote is glass, but that's always my vote since it's simple and cheap. Especially now we can make magma glass smelters.
Seconded. Glass has proved effective in various pimpstacks in the past, including the original Demongate Pimping Station. I recommend using magma-safe stone blocks though to accelerate production; that way the masons can produce a key component rather than the entire project having to go through the furnaces.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2014, 08:35:38 pm »

We could set up a mining operation to get all the diamonds and native platinum out of the upper caverns, and then make some platinum pipe sections studded with diamonds. We could also make dolomite, or better, platinum blocks (also can import those) for the pumps too. That would be a real pimpstack. Corkscrews probably out of glass.

I think glass will have to do in the shorter term. The described pimpstack will add a massive amount of value to the fortress and trigger all kinds of invasions before we can adequately handle them.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »

You can't call it the pimpstack and then NOT make it with platinum and diamonds. If we choose other materials, some dwarves will get offended, and build their own pimpstack, with b;ackjack, and hookers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:49:10 am by Taupe »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2014, 02:36:07 am »

We can phase in the platinum over time. We need a working super-weapon *before* attracting all the titans, megabeasts and sieges at once. Or at least a military with some steel gear.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14