Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 35729 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: Under the burning Sun (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 12:41:43 am »

Either that, or they really disagree with the "above ground" policy. :P

I've been getting ready in advance for my own turn.....built myself a nice little lakeside fort with lots of trees and my very first hydro station for generating power. I now have 1200 spare units of power spare, for an equivalent amount of waterlogged science before I have to try similar stuff on this place.

Word of advice though: We must not run out of food. "Hunt vermin" jobs will cancel out "make food" jobs, making it hard to recover from. Usually forts like this end up swimming in fat biscuit and the like, so it shouldn't be an issue.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »

Well we got through two cavern layers. The top one is barren, the lower one contains trees. There’s probably one more left.

We also got migrants, and you can read the logs for more details. Oh, and if anyone wants a low-skilled fisherdwarf or farmer, both likely to be drafted into masonry, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:19:10 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:15 am »

Never mind on the naming of my dorf, I'd rather just be Tonnot.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 12:20:37 pm »

Depending on how skilled he is, might let that fisher dorf go at his job for now, since we have a river and those are likely to contain fish.

Are we using wheelbarrows?

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »

DORF ME AS A MINER/PEASANT. I DONT CARE DORF ME AS WHATEVER DORF ME AS A YAK BULL I DONT CARE JUST DORF ME
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 03:08:42 pm »

DORF ME AS A MINER/PEASANT. I DONT CARE DORF ME AS WHATEVER DORF ME AS A YAK BULL I DONT CARE JUST DORF ME

Just because of this I’m dwarfing you as the farmer, who is a cheese maker, herbalist, and spinner. In fact, none of the migrants really fit any of the other specific requests, they’re that low skilled. But if you want a dwarf who is a descendent of nobility, read on.

Wait. Wait.

Kumil Rigòthtashem (novice cheese maker, novice herbalist, and novice spinner) is the 13th descendent and 8th eldest son of Zasit Idenzalìs, Baroness of Maroongild.

Avuz Limuldesis (novice fisherdwarf, novice fish cleaner, novice fish dissector) is the 8th descendent and the 5th eldest daughter of Deler Towerquested, Queen of The Decisive Net.

We have the son of a baroness and a princess. Make your pick.

Depending on how skilled he is, might let that fisher dorf go at his job for now, since we have a river and those are likely to contain fish.

Are we using wheelbarrows?

We’re using wheelbarrows, probably could use a few more. Before fishing goes ahead, migrants will be using those.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:00:41 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 12:44:00 am »

A princess?

SHOTGUN

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 10:16:38 am »

A princess?

SHOTGUN

Taupe has become a Fifth Princess

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 11:54:17 am »

Can I take the son of the Baron, then and get him to learn some skill that would produce a useful mood? Also, a turn please.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

Can I take the son of the Baron, then and get him to learn some skill that would produce a useful mood? Also, a turn please.

Fine. Done. I’ll get moving now.

Should I re-screenshot the stats with Taupe and Deus Asmoth dwarfed?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:03:10 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »

Now that you mention it, I'm curious.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:22 pm »

Well I’m getting into the bigger projects underground and aboveground. Surface living is pretty awful at the moment, and we have to fulfil the fortress objective.

Alright! We have discovered magma and adamantine. Let the excavation of the great pimpstack come underway!

Edit: I’m so not fixing that.

Edit2: We’re going to want waterwheels. Many, many waterwheels, and the building project may have to be altered accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:04:26 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:24 am »

When/if you make a quotes section on the OP, that's going in as #1. Also: make it worthy of the name. Maybe cluster 2-4 stacks of pumps together so we've got even more magma than usual to work with. Only then can it be truly worthy of being called 'The Great Pimpstack'.

Please try not to breach hell during the first year. It'd be a refreshing change of pace from Moltenchannels, but still not a good idea.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:05:07 am by Urist McKiwi »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 07:39:40 am »

I'm getting back into DF after 0.34.xx burnout, so if a rusty player is acceptable, SIGN ME UP!

EDIT: Can I also get a dwarf, any melee military? I want to die in a blaze of glory!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:42:57 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14