Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weird behavior with bolts,  (Read 1124 times)

heloss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
weird behavior with bolts,
« on: October 05, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »

Hello There,

I recently started playing masterwork again. it gets more amazing by the day!
The thing is i have been noticing some weird stuff happening.
A few dwarfs in the fortress have taken to stacking bolts in random stockpiles that shouldnt take them, and some empty cages in the animal stockpile.
They stack destack stack again and than run of to do some errands.
I cant find any reverence to this.

any thoughts?

Heloss

ruxpin_exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: weird behavior with bolts,
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:03:00 am »

For some reason when reading this I just imagined it being just one dwarf doing this to you, and him having trollface.jpg on as he was doing it.

... thats all I got, sorry to be of zero help -_-

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:24 am »

Hmm.  Are the bolts unusual materials?

Empty cages in animal stockpile is usual, I think.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:25:23 am »

On the empty cages, it's because by default, the 'animal' stockpile also stores empty cages and small animal traps.
You can customize the stockpile, it will be with two specific keys at the bottom, when you are on the "animal" type ('u' and 'j', if I remember correctly).

As for the bolts, I am afraid that I have no idea what is the problem either, sorry.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

heloss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:01:51 am »

Thanks your the reply's,

it startd of with just one dwarf doing it now it ''taught'' the behavior to 2 more dwarfs -_-
what i meant on the animal stockpile is that he puts bolts in or on the cages there. now  think of it its often ontop of something in the stockpile.

maybe a corrupt gamefile??

edit: The dwarf that started this had a javelin thrower equiped and hunting enabled.
        Disabling hunting seemed to have fixed the behavior. does this mean javeling throwers dont work atm? I have plenty of javelins in the stockpile
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:21:23 am by heloss »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 06:34:12 am »

Oh, then just a question, but did you modify the hunter and archer's ammunitions (under the military screen)?

If not, they will take any possible ammo, even if it doesn't match the weapon, meaning that they will happily take arrows or bolts with a javelin thrower.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

heloss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:10:52 am »

aaah that will be it thanks! Poor dwarf spending 4 years trying to get a bolt in a javelin launcher. why would they make random piles of them though ?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 07:55:01 am »

No clue, my archers (not hunters) tend to take the wrong ammo and just refuse to shoot.
That was before I started to understand the ammo and military screens, or when I forget.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:15 am »

aaah that will be it thanks! Poor dwarf spending 4 years trying to get a bolt in a javelin launcher. why would they make random piles of them though ?

Having the wrong ammo causes hunters to drop items in one location and stop moving, it's bug similar to beekeepers staying in the wilds.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »

this is why i only use one type of ammo: bronze bolts. I don't use anything else.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!