Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'll just help myself to this stuff...  (Read 568 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'll just help myself to this stuff...
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:46:05 pm »

So you can't steal from stores without angering merchants, but if you just walk out of town to the little hamlets, it is a free-stuff-bonanza.

they all have lords' halls, and these halls generally have chests and bags full of well made clothing, armor, weapons, cut gems... I was able to pick up a full set of well made iron armor and to top up with several gemstones for portable $$$, just in case I needed some spending money in town.

I guess this is abusive and should be avoided, maybe unless you are a vassal and are due equipment from them?  Or however one can justify it to themselves.

I have not noticed it on the devblog, but is this intended to be patched or changed?  Or is this a more complicated rewrite of "ownership" that would also likely require an overhaul of merchant behavior and etc.?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'll just help myself to this stuff...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 06:28:49 pm »

They are called mead halls and I believe in .34 you could do the same in keeps, forgot.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 06:32:13 pm »

I think you're right.

But there were some sorts of repercussions if you stole from temples or tombs.  Is that still the case?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:49:37 pm »

Mead halls/taverns/lords beer gardens often had rooms full of equipment for militia and guards. You're probably taking old equipment.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.