Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92757 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

a masterwork race in the making

As of now, the alpha is nearly done. We're sorting out a few issues

Files
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9734

Manual:
https://sites.google.com/site/hivemanual2/home

This mod is proudly brought to you by:
Insanegame27 (owner)
than402 (co-owner)
Heydude6 (co-owner)
damnthedog
Meph
and the others in
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141987.0 and
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143774.0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:57:56 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewaasp related
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:01 am »

i don't know if it has been discussed before or if it is for balance reasons,but why not give them NOEMOTION?if they are a hive mind,it wouldn't make sense for some of its members to tantrum and wreck the hive.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:15:03 am »

i don't know if it has been discussed before or if it is for balance reasons,but why not give them NOEMOTION?if they are a hive mind,it wouldn't make sense for some of its members to tantrum and wreck the hive.
Personally, i'm only a beginner modder, where do i put it?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:17 am »

just put [NOEMOTION] somewhere before the castes.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 03:00:49 am »

no emotion added.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 04:20:35 am »

Why NoSLEEP?
Looking forward to the release. How far away are we from that?

It won't be long until the queen of the giant wasps finally declares to the other civilisations the fact that there is yet another civilisation arising from the dust.

As of now, the alpha is nearly done. I just need all the files brought back to me and some people to help with a few issues.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:51 am »

Not very far away, I've just got to get all the other work back from the other guys that helped. And then i need time for buildings & stuff and i'm hoping someone can do the dfhack stuff for me.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 12:25:23 pm »

Sounds interesting, I'll try it as soon as it's available.
Will the race be added to the "slavers", with goblins and orcs? Or at least be able to trade with them? For some reason, I can totally see them trade with goblins, while still capturing them for food.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:28:41 pm by 94dima94 »
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 02:51:55 pm »

Their queen should be a noble, methinks.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 03:05:12 pm »

i don't know,i could see them as part of the savages as well...or maybe with [UTTERANCES] and no allies at all,if they are strong and self sufficient enough...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 04:19:07 pm »

they will be (by default, you can change in the MW GUI) slavers
if anyonewants to help with the buildings, feel free

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 04:39:54 pm »

Sure thing.how can I help?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:03 am »

Sure thing.how can I help?
I need:
Poison + stingers (I don't know anything about how to do this)
"Hornet" pet (for simplicity's sake, nongrazing, just male and female and can breed with each other)
ranged weapon: slingshot. Fires shot and sharp shot, made by log + leather
Ranged weapon: composite bow. fires arrows at the same power as the orcish composite bow. made by 2 logs + mechanism + leather
ammo for the slingshot
scale-mail: armour unique to the hive. protection is better than chain-mail but slightly worse than normal armor
paper-cement building material, this would have a new workshop (called the "wood pulper") take one log and give 5-8 "paper-cement" blocks.

this is a start, also, the original thread
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141987.0 is the original thread

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 04:13:04 am »

I need:

you mean body parts,right?

"Hornet" pet (for simplicity's sake, nongrazing, just male and female and can breed with each other)

scale-mail: armour unique to the hive. protection is better than chain-mail but slightly worse than normal armor
paper-cement building material, this would have a new workshop (called the "wood pulper") take one log and give 5-8 "paper-cement" blocks

got it.these three won't take long.

Ranged weapon: composite bow. fires arrows at the same power as the orcish composite bow. made by 2 logs + mechanism + leather
ammo for the slingshot

slingshot...a normal sling with two types of ammo,one blunt and one sharp,did i got it right?and the composite longbow is already in the Masterwork,all it needs is a new reaction for the wasps.which building do you want to produce these things?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 04:32:07 am »

I need:

you mean body parts,right?

ammo for the slingshot

slingshot...a normal sling with two types of ammo,one blunt and one sharp,did i got it right?and the composite longbow is already in the Masterwork,all it needs is a new reaction for the wasps.which building do you want to produce these things?
Derp, i meant compound bows.
And yes, i need a stinger body part, with venom that incapacitates the enemy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77