Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I thought gnomes are...weak?  (Read 2150 times)

Mrandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I thought gnomes are...weak?
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:52:23 pm »

I'm new to MW but has been playing DF2014 for a while. I like traps and pets so I'm trying to figure out how gnome civ works.

I thought they are physically weak, so I tried my best to avoid fight. But due to some mistake, I had this one gnome fight against a Sasquatch, then a FB.

He killed both of them in one hit.

He got "enraged" for both times and stick his pick into the Sasquatch's and the turtle beast's heads. Is this common? I've been buying a lot of clockwork dragons and other beasts, but it seems gnomes are not as weak as what the manual says...

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought gnomes are...weak?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:10:19 am »

The Gaming Gods have smiled upon you. This is certainly not common, and it might be just pure luck, that's all.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 05:24:32 pm »

piercing weapons can do that =)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:57:02 pm »

How good was their mining skill? Miners are quite well known to make good militia due to mining skill being the same skill used for attacking with pickaxes.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Mrandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:01 am »

How good was their mining skill? Miners are quite well known to make good militia due to mining skill being the same skill used for attacking with pickaxes.

It's Legendary...

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »

It's Legendary...

That's it right there, legendary miners regardless of race will hit hard and rarely miss if they have their pickaxe with them, it's basically the only "weapon" skill that can be trained without fighting.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:05 am »

piercing weapons can do that =)

edged weapons

the distinction is barely meaningful and basically not actually a thing