Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92866 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2014, 09:49:09 pm »

Hey guys

I'm making good progress drawing the sprites. but i have a question, for the labors: woodcrafting,stonecrafting,metalcrafting,bonecarving, are we supposed to draw a special sprite for each or a general sprite called the craftswasp. Because when i was playing regular DF games it seems that all of those labours are lumped into one profession and therefore one sprite.
I have absolutely no experience with sprites so unfortunately, I can't tell you what to do here
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2014, 03:01:40 am »

i started with the manual.i have written the general info page,and will wait until we finalized the features and ran some test forts to write the getting started page.tell me something:are some stuff written in greek to you as well,or is it just me?

https://sites.google.com/site/hivemanual2/home

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2014, 03:43:32 am »

Yes it does seem as though some parts are written in greek. seemss to fit a "bug" race tho haha

I could try using mozilla thimble instead of google sites, but that raises some personal issues i've had with coding.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2014, 03:53:42 am »

Yes it does seem as though some parts are written in greek. seemss to fit a "bug" race tho haha

I could try using mozilla thimble instead of google sites, but that raises some personal issues i've had with coding.

what do you mean it fits it?

also,is there a way to switch it to english?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2014, 04:17:44 am »

what do you mean it fits it?

also,is there a way to switch it to english?
Because its a "bug" in google sites and it's a "bug" race we're aking. Dont worry, I know it was a very bad pun. looking into the language thing now
EDIT: Just found out it bases the title in the language of your locality. looked in your profile, your from athens. also, using shift+l you can remove the sitemap button and (possibly) change the title
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:21:33 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2014, 04:22:52 am »

it doesn't matter much.the important parts are in english,and it will be fixed when it's merged with masterwork's manual.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2014, 04:27:21 am »

just read your edit.yes,that's most probably why it happens.still weird though,my browser's language is english.i think i fixed it.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2014, 04:33:20 am »

Yep, It's cool now.
Anyway, just thought of a new melee weapon:

Strikers: blunt melee
IRL they are objects you hold in your hand to give your hand some weight when hitting people.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2014, 04:39:15 am »

Sure,let's put it in.The skeleton of the race is ready,every new idea helps.We should also think of more uses for the archery range.And it needs new sprites too.I put the fletcher's workshop sprites for now,but we will eventually need to change that.

EDIT:i updated the files.added the striker,and fixed the talon so that it requires both hands now
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:48:23 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2014, 04:52:10 am »

Idea for the slaves. would need dfhack for this but is it possible to have the slave killed in the reaction for the caravan, and then the caravan arrives with a guard "slave" as if they just ransomed the slave back

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2014, 04:54:45 am »

i don't know if this is possible,not even with dfhack.caravans and caravan guards are not historical entities yet,they are created randomly.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2014, 04:56:26 am »

I feel that the slaves should revolt if they sense a numerical advantage, much like the PHM

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2014, 04:59:11 am »

that's very easy.but then,why bother having them?their only use is drawing caravans and sieges,they reproduce like crazy due to the pet tag,they can't be eaten(though this can be fixed if we remove the intelligent tag) and are next to useless in combat.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2014, 05:02:01 am »

good points. But maybe make them breed less, with a high chance of miscarriage (Is it possible for pets to miscarriage?) due to the stress of slavery.

Spartacus would be proud

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2014, 05:05:36 am »

There should be a mention of the sexism importance of the queen, the only one that can reproduce, at a high rate
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77