Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92918 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #1095 on: January 17, 2015, 05:21:58 pm »

yep. that's because they represent the time needed for the creature to eat, not the quantity it needs. cockroaches have 10000, stag beetles have 3000. baby beetles have the same as adults. you mentioned babies dying while adults being fine. I searched and could not find any grazer with baby token, so it seems plausible...

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 17, 2015, 05:30:37 pm »

Tomorrow I'll try a test fort with only adults and children grazers to see how's going for time and working status.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1097 on: January 17, 2015, 07:20:07 pm »

I'm away for 10 days so i cant do much. see yas in 10 days
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:31 pm »

I think I know why this bug is happening. I think it's because babies can't feed themselves and they rely on mothers to do it for them. So when it's baby grazers mothers can't feed them. Try using CHILD instead.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 17, 2015, 07:47:19 pm »

I'll remove the baby tag in the next edition.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 18, 2015, 07:09:08 am »

The problem seemed exactly the BABY tag.

That what happened after I removed the tag from raws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my stag beetle child test. 13 of malachite. More of 4 months grazing, he's feeding himself. I even started on snow, I put the grazers on the snow covered dense grass, no one felt hungry once.

The cockroaches work as intended even before the fix.
:edit: since I think you wanted to make the children grow for 3 years, after removing BABY:1 we can just prolong CHILD tag from 2 to 3 years.

:re-edit: I already had a queen, now another one came in a migration wave. My queen suddenly turned opposed to life, while the second one should be the one I'll take? awww man, my first queen was a good working mate.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:53:12 am by Vitellozzo »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New update
« Reply #1101 on: January 19, 2015, 03:03:50 pm »

The problem seemed exactly the BABY tag.

That what happened after I removed the tag from raws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my stag beetle child test. 13 of malachite. More of 4 months grazing, he's feeding himself. I even started on snow, I put the grazers on the snow covered dense grass, no one felt hungry once.

The cockroaches work as intended even before the fix.
:edit: since I think you wanted to make the children grow for 3 years, after removing BABY:1 we can just prolong CHILD tag from 2 to 3 years.

:re-edit: I already had a queen, now another one came in a migration wave. My queen suddenly turned opposed to life, while the second one should be the one I'll take? awww man, my first queen was a good working mate.

the RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away. we had raised the percentage of queens a bit because waspen civilizations were continuously ruled by megabeasts before that. no queens were spawned :D it worked, but it also means that having a queen in a migrant wave is a potential possibility.

ok, new update is up. I removed the baby token from the beetle, added a reaction to destroy slag in the smelter and also added new colors to many animals. finally, I made wasp coating and many reactions (like the Searskin, for instance) give titles so the player which wasp/animal has which mutation

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=9734

well, I believe we can finally call it a beta. there may still be bugs around, but the race has defined features, a playstyle and is perfectly playable :D

finally I'd like to say thank you, Vitellozzo. your feedback allowed us to fix a ton of bugs and add a lot of stuff that were missing. thank you for what you're doing :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:21:54 pm by than402 »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 19, 2015, 03:44:12 pm »

I'm going to test the new beta version as soon as possible!

Anyway, thanks you too. It was natural that for a person with likes as me to be attracted by an insect race with so many peculiar traits! I love the concept and I love how did this mod became.
Anyway as soon as this baby is gonna touch the beta stage, we should beware that the game is going straight on: the 40xx version is out in the wild from months, and even Meph is going to work on the last game. Aside from that, succubi and orcs are gonna become updates soon, since their modders are working on them too.

So while we should follow the path to the final v1.0, we should also keep in mind that the stable full version must be just the starting point, to make the full mod once we hit 40xx too.
And that can be achieved only with the help of Meph.

Obviously, I'll continue testing this since I really love the concept, and I'd love to see the final version with full options and !GRAPHICS!, but it doesn't matter to much to me: I've started df in ascii, and that isn't gonna hurt me.
Anyway, time for me to make a(nother one) hive fortress!
I hope RNG will be kind to me this time.

Anyway, the queen problem can be read as "one of your queens is gonna become the bad one"? I thought they were gonna fight to the death until just one will prevail, and that will be your queen... but now I just have a opposed to life old queen (with good skills) just sitting near the map corner, really don't making too much mess of anything.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:47:08 pm by Vitellozzo »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 19, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »

Anyway as soon as this baby is gonna touch the beta stage, we should beware that the game is going straight on: the 40xx version is out in the wild from months, and even Meph is going to work on the last game. Aside from that, succubi and orcs are gonna become updates soon, since their modders are working on them too.

the raws are the easy part. The scripts on the other hand... there is no autosyndrome anymore. I don't know why, but it was replaced with reaction trigger and I have no clue how that works... that's the hardest part in my opinion. we have also borrowed boltgun's makeown

So while we should follow the path to the final v1.0, we should also keep in mind that the stable full version must be just the starting point, to make the full mod once we hit 40xx too.
And that can be achieved only with the help of Meph.

I agree. Masterwork changes, the mod must be updated too. but in order to update something, you must have a stable foundation to work on

Obviously, I'll continue testing this since I really love the concept, and I'd love to see the final version with full options and !GRAPHICS!, but it doesn't matter to much to me: I've started df in ascii, and that isn't gonna hurt me.
Anyway, time for me to make a(nother one) hive fortress!
I hope RNG will be kind to me this time.

well, that's heydude's turf, not mine ;)

getting a queen shouldn't be that common. I remember it only happened to me once.

Anyway, the queen problem can be read as "one of your queens is gonna become the bad one"? I thought they were gonna fight to the death until just one will prevail, and that will be your queen... but now I just have a opposed to life old queen (with good skills) just sitting near the map corner, really don't making too much mess of anything.

if I remember correctly, heydude wrote the interactions for this one, so I can't really say what went wrong... I'll look it up, but there's no sure way to force them to duel. that I know of, at least. Did at least the other queen remain unaffected or did they both went opposed to life?

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 19, 2015, 04:48:56 pm »

The new one is unaffected, yes. It's working and living as intended.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 19, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »

well, that's something... it doesn't work perfectly, but at least it doesn't cause troubles. I'll see if there is any way we can make it work better...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 19, 2015, 05:00:20 pm »

Anyway I just thought of a theoretical way to fix it although I don't know when I'll be able to test it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 19, 2015, 05:02:17 pm »

do tell

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 19, 2015, 05:08:43 pm »

Well basically it's the same system as before but both queens have an interaction that gives every wasp they see (except queens) [IMMOBILE] and [NON_LIVING]. Once the queens finish their duel and the [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] syndrome expires fixloyaltycascade is run and then everything continues as normal.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11:49 pm »

i'm not so sure freezing half the hive is a good idea... many things can go wrong, the two queens may be able to see but not reach each other, a megabeast or a siege may arrive during the duel, important jobs get delayed, rottable parts waste away... too many ways this can mess things up
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77