Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92646 times)

Vidox Darkling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #1125 on: January 21, 2015, 09:48:26 am »

I'm probably a dumbass who's missing a note somewhere, but I really want to play, so I'm going to go ahead and ask. Am I supposed to install this directly into Masterwork? Whenever I try, I get an error relating to the icons.

Again, I'm sure there's probably something obvious I'm not doing that's mentioned somewhere. I just can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:35 am »

could you show us your errorlog?

in order to install it you go to the masterwork folder, then Dwarf Fortress. you'll see two files named hack and raw. copy, paste and overwrite where you need to.

Vidox Darkling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:45 am »

I had to set everything up again, and this time it didn't give me the error. Which is odd. I tried a fresh install before and it didn't work.

Oh well, time to finally experience the Wasp.
Thanks!

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 21, 2015, 10:10:36 am »

no problem. enjoy and if you have any questions or notice any bugs, lets us know :)

oh, and here's a link to the manual https://sites.google.com/site/hivemanual2/home

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 23, 2015, 11:24:02 pm »

Ok so about the queen fights. It turns out that masterwork doesn't have fixloyaltycascade installed so we can't use it. So instead what I did was make it so that the first queen cannot get OPPOSED_TO_LIFE due to loyalty or whatever.

And this is the CDI we're supposed to put in the creature file

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:DECIDE_QUEEN_LOYALTY1]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]

EDIT: Whoops forgot to mention that I also changed the queen fight interaction. Here is the new one:

[INTERACTION:QUEEN_FIGHT]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
   [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:OFFICIAL_QUEEN]
   [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:HIVEMIND_WASP:QUEEN]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
   [IE_TARGET:A]
   [IE_IMMEDIATE]
   [SYNDROME]
   [SYN_NAME:berserk]
   [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:HIVEMIND_WASP:QUEEN]
   [CE_ADD_TAG:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:PROB:100:START:0:END:100]
   [CE_REMOVE_TAG:CAN_SPEAK:PROB:100:START:0:END:100]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:35:18 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 24, 2015, 05:09:35 am »

thank you, heydude. Here's the version with the changes (it should be perfectly compatible with saves using older editions if you install the raw file into the save)

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=9734

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 24, 2015, 07:57:07 am »

Should I try it in the already running hive where I do have the opposed to life queen?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 24, 2015, 08:08:12 am »

Since the tags have already been placed it won't make a difference, but it should prevent something like that from happening again.

What you can do is make sure there's only one queen on the map and wait for the syndrome to end.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:10:38 am by than402 »

MDFHIVEWASP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 28, 2015, 01:59:18 am »

It's up

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 28, 2015, 08:17:17 am »

awesome! I worked a bit on the new thread. Insane, you should change the title of this one a bit because that's actually a development page, but it looks very much like the new page.

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page
« Reply #1135 on: February 01, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »

heydude, would you be fine with someone else helping you make the remaining sprites? I really wanna play this race with the full sprite set, and if you're alright with it I'd be willing to aid in finishing it. If it's fine just send me a small sample of the sprites you've done so I can see the style, and a list of which sprites remain to be done.

If you'd rather do all of them yourself I'll understand, just offering help in case you need it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Sprite related
« Reply #1136 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:45 pm »

Man, it's good to be back. Anyway...

Hello there. I am Heydude6, you probably know me as one of the members of the hivewasp dev team. I've coded the reproduction system and made part of the creature file for the hivemind wasps. Currently I'm drawing the sprites for the mod. I've actually been doing this for a while now although embarrassingly it is to say, I have been working slowly unfortunately. My sprites for the citizens are actually almost done although I have often been a bit lazy and I need to give myself a final push in order to get this done. So my idea for giving myself this push is through hosting a daily devlog on this thread. Here I will post one newly made sprite a day and possibly some other stuff, this first post is going to be a wall of text so brace yourselves. Feel free to comment

Heydudes Sprite devlog: Day 1

Anyway for the first episode I want to upload all of the sprites I drew so you can see my progress (also as a backup since I have a feeling my hardrive is going to go caput anyday now).

So let us first start with the citizen sprites:

The stuff I didn't label are just artifacts from my previous attempts, I keep them since I sometimes get inspiration from them. (such as replacing the macewasps original crappy mace sprites with a cut version of the chef's spoon)

If the above doesn't look like much to you I thankfully have a picture of the dwarf sprites I haven't drawn yet:

As you can see it isn't much, although we have to account for the fact that i haven't drawn a sheerer, chemist,alchemist nor any medical wasps yet.

Also to whoever may know the answers, I have a few small questions. First what is that grey dwarf on the top left corner there for? also can anyone explain to me what the priests on the right are for? As well as an explanation for the dwarves on the bottom right. Thanks.

An explanation on military sprites

Ok, so the military wasps were also some of the first sprites I drew since I thought that those would have been the most difficult to draw. Anyway they are labelled as 1.recruit 2.wrestler 3.spearwasp, 4.swordwasp 5.axewasp 6.hammerwasp 7.crossbowwasp/slingwasp 8.macewasp 9.whip wasp 10.pikewasp 11.blowgunner/gunwasp (I have a blowgunner sprite as well) 12. bowwasp. The rookies are on the top and the legendary weaponlords are on the bottom, except one exception. The wasp in black armour is the militia commander and the one above him is a recruit(a soldier with no weaponskill). In the Phoebus dwarf sprites there is a spot for military nobles such as captain of the guard and militia commander:, but then there are these dwarves in golden armour that are in the squads section:

Can someone please tell me what the dwarves in golden armor correspond to?

Wrapping things up
Now that I talked about all the things that I wanted to talk about let me just upload the rest of the sprites I drew.

Hive thrall

Praetorain and abherrant living and undead(I am very proud of my undead sprites)

Larvae and eggs (white is male, yellow is female)

And my attempt at drawing the lobster god

In conclusion
Thank you guys for reading this, in case you found the information overwhelming I can assure you that tommorrows post won't be as long. Comment if you like although I do hope that I get the answers to some the questions I asked.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Sprite related
« Reply #1137 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »

Heydudes Sprite devlog: Day 2
Hello once again, today I have a few new sprites for you.

This first one would be the merchant.

Essentially it's the liason(my avatar) with a bandana.

In fear of them not being different enough I changed the liason's cape to be red rather than blue

(left is old liason, middle is merchant, right is new liason)

The merchant was actually a sprite I drew yesterday after making that first post but I already made it by that time.

Anyway, today I attempted to draw the shearer, I failed horribly. I actually drew some gorgeous shears but I couldn't make them small enough to fit nicely in the wasp's hands. I am currently stumped about what to do about this.

So after that failure I began to draw the medical wasps instead and they turned out much nicer

The labels are as follows

• The doctor. This is a "blanket profession" for medical skills
  • The diagnostician, I spent a lot of time figuring out how to draw this sprite. I'm satisfied with my result.
  • The surgeon, I currently don't know which one I'm gonna choose, if any of you guys feel like commenting please cast a vote for left, right or center
  • The bone doctor
  • The suturer 
I'm not worrying about the chief medical wasp since that role will hopefully be lumped into the broker,manager,bookkeeper hybrid noble we have. I think it should be renamed to "Waspen resources manager" (it's a pun on human resources manager)

Sooo, I guess that's all for today although I am worried about one thing. I have no idea about what I should draw for the administrator. For those of you who don't know, an administrator is a citizen with skills in bookkeeping, manager, etc. Essentially they are unemployed useful nobles. I unfortunately have no idea what to draw for them. Any suggestions are welcome.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 18, 2015, 03:29:55 am »

Oversized tools are okay, the most important is to see the wasp + a pair of scissors. The ones in the lower left are okay, perhaps a couple of darker pixels around it will make it easy to distinguish once in the hands of the wasp.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:37 am »

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting the wasp people to be quite so... Derpy and banana-like. :p
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77