Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92799 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 07:19:04 am »

can you please update your creature file so i can play them in arena without it crashing?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 07:26:59 am »

the problem is,the reaction won't check if there is a slave nearby.i could probably make the script run through an interaction with autosyndrome,but as for the gold the slave wouldn't be needed.here's how i picture it:

in the torture chamber,a syndrome stone is produced,which carries three different syndromes for each race.when the reaction happens,the stone vaporizes and the pastured slave of the correct race(based on the SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE line of each syndrome) would be temporarily given an interaction to emit a material which triggers the siege script,and kills the poor slave

the podium would work like the torture chamber,but with the caravan script instead.however,the gold bars would have to be a product of the main reaction,not the syndrome stones or the interactions,and therefore would be produced even without a slave nearby

also,why does your arena crashes?mine doesn't.anyway,i'll upload the files in DFFD,i'll tell you when they're ready

EDIT:here they are

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9734
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:33:15 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 07:36:22 am »

thanks mate, can you please give me a brief on where to pot everything. i know the creature goes straight in objects
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 07:39:18 am »

i've already put them in the correct files,just extract the text documents to your objects :)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 07:56:54 am »

how would i go about making the sting able to lodge into the enemy so i could inject more venom from there?
also is the scalemail just one piece that covers the whole body? because it only shows up as a bodywear item in the arena
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:00:29 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 08:03:57 am »

how would i go about making the sting able to lodge into the enemy so i could inject more venom from there?
also is the scalemail just one piece that covers the whole body? because it only shows up as a bodywear item in the arena

1.can't be done,as far as i know.
2.just a bodywear,yes.i don't think you can have an armor piece cover multiple layers

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 08:18:12 am »

I need multiple pieces of scalemail like scalemail greaves, scalemail shirt, scalemail boots etc

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 08:21:38 am »

ok.how do you want the other pieces to fare compared to regular equipment?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 08:24:20 am »

slightly worse than normal equipment. also, how would one go about strengthening the structure of the wasp? a punch constantly breaks bones in the OTA
also, the sting never gets used in auto attacking for some reason, even when there are no weapons
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:27:42 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2014, 08:32:09 am »

you mean pieces of the exoskeleton,right?there are three ways to do it:either make a special material tougher than chitin,make their chitin thicker,or just go with it and make an interaction so that they periodically shed their chitin,thereby healing themselves(that is,they momentarily turn into another caste,then revert to the original cast,therefore healing any damage their chitin has sustained).remember,however,that they're not supposed to be invisible and already have better natural attack than most other races.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 08:38:23 am »

I'm fine with them sustaining damage, i dont want them indestructable. i just want it so that an unarmed queen can atleast beat an unarmed dwarf without being manually controlled, although i guess we couldhave another custom tier of armour that can be put on over scalemail that is made in the "hive forge" (5X5) called advanced scaleplate and can be any armourgrade metal

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 08:43:03 am »

this goes to b_detail_plan_default

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this one goes to material_template_default

this one goes to tissue_template_default

finally,replace these lines in the wasps

with these,and test it

in order to use their stings first,replace these lines

with these

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:56:37 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 08:46:07 am »

one on one they lose.
unarmoured and unarmed dwarves beat unarmoured and unarmed queens atm in the OTA
They do not even use their stingers! not unless i control them in the arena, they default to bite even with everything broken
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:49:00 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2014, 09:02:55 am »

check my previous post.i uploaded something that might fix the issue with the frailness,and will definitely fix the issue of them not using their stings

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »

I need:
a way to upgrade the stingers of my soldiers. preferably a furnace that has a reaction: coat sting with metal
AND
a workshop that produces "claw" weapons. This way, the wasps sting any exposed area and then rake the enemy with their claws, causing extreme pain.

slave pets, which are required to do certain... things... to them in the "torture chambers"/"slavers podium" which can be ran to provoke sieges or caravans to "buy" the slave. slaves should be: elvish, dwarven, human or gnomish and have male/female castes each

i've updated the entry in dffd.i included all these stuff,and also the rest of the scale armors,my half assed attempts at workshops(except for the torture chamber,since it already exists),and some modification to the creature raws:i made stinging to be the main attack,i removed the wings because fliers will cause a ton of pathing issues,and i put HUMANOID_4ARMS_HIVE back into the wasps.i had removed it in order to run some error logs and apparently forgot to mention that...have you tried the new chitin i posted earlier?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 77