Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92872 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2014, 01:34:32 am »

It doesnt work, it keeps crashing when i spawn any wasp in the arena
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 02:44:07 am »

What does your error log say?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 02:58:36 am »

how do i find that?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2014, 03:04:27 am »

it's a text file under the exe.i really want to know why it crashes,mine runs smoothly

EDIT:i updated the dffd.i fixed their stinger attacks,and uploaded their new chitin materials.they seem to fare better in the arena now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:13:19 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2014, 03:16:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 03:37:31 am »

that body part,HUMANOID_4ARMS_HIVE is what causes the problems.you haven't made it,so the wasps end up without a body.replace it with HUMANOID_4ARMS and you'll be fine

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:21 am »

how do i get them to show up in legends/fort race choosing/adv mode?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 06:57:02 am »

have you created an entity for them?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 10:32:26 am »

Hey insane game sorry about that long wait

here are all of the raws that i worked on

creature

Body detail plan

body file
There are hashtags in the LEFT and RIGHT tokens, please erase the hashtags.

Tissue template

Material templates

By the way all these raws were for the creation of the creature. The only thing left to do is add some natural skills tags, the no emotion tag, and make it drop a stinger upon death. As well as making the stinger an item that can be reused in reactions. Also I forgot the venom.

My main problem is that for some reason when i butcher it. it drops an item called a bonechop. Unfortunately because i have no idea what defines the products a creature produces when butchered i have no idea how to fix this bug.

Small tip. The skill that improves stinging is kicking.

EDIT: Changed it so that stinging and biting are now the only attacks with priority MAIN
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:54:47 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 10:54:07 am »

hey.i wrote some reactions to coat the stings with metal,which will require some more soldier castes.i uploaded the raws i was working on on dffd,and added them to the wasps.we should merge these two.also,shouldn't stinging be the only attack with a MAIN priority?and which reactions shall use the stings?because i only started working on the wasps a few days ago.

here are my raws
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9734

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 11:52:10 am »

Wow. I am very impressed with the amount of work you did in one day.

I don't know weather or not we should merge the raws since after reading them it seems like we had the same ideas but you expanded on them. What i did was add a stinger, you did that. make the worker and drone have copper grade chitin, soldier have iron grade chitin, queen have meteoric grade chitin, you already made metal based chitin. added a few more prefstrings. That you didn't do, so you can add those. added attacks, you did that as well. made the tissues thicker, that you didn't do.

so i guess the only new things you got from me were prefstrings and thicker tissues.

Also i changed it so that stinging and biting have main priority now, because usually in real life a wasp would usually sting it's prey to paralyze it, and then eat it alive.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:56:27 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »

Wow. I am very impressed with the amount of work you did in one day.

I don't know weather or not we should merge the raws since after reading them it seems like we had the same ideas but you expanded on them. What i did was add a stinger, you did that. make the worker and drone have copper grade chitin, soldier have iron grade chitin, queen have meteoric grade chitin, you already made metal based chitin. added a few more prefstrings. That you didn't do, so you can add those. added attacks, you did that as well. made the tissues thicker, that you didn't do.

so i guess the only new things you got from me were prefstrings and thicker tissues.

Also i changed it so that stinging and biting have main priority now, because usually in real life a wasp would usually sting it's prey to paralyze it, and then eat it alive.

thanks for your nice words,though that was actually two days.i couldn't do this in one day,not even if i was a robot:)

if i remember correctly,my chitin is copper grade too.the difference is,mine is the same for all castes.it seemed kinda reasonable,since they will also wear(low grade) armor,but giving the warrior caste harder chitin might be better.how did the thicker,iron grade chitin fare in the arena?my guys battled with dwarves,and usually won.they usually lost limbs very easily,however,but that will be fixed with thicker tissues.given that their armor is worse than most other races,maybe iron grade chitin and poor armor is better for the warrior caste.and their bite will be much better too.

and i also had this idea:what if they shed their skin once per year?that is,they run an interaction which momentarily transforms them into another caste,and when they're done all their broken and missing parts are fixed.too imbalanced?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 04:24:52 pm »

It seems to me like these three options are the only way of "solving" the wasps weakness
shed their skin once a year (produces a lot of "x has transformed into x" messages, which i'm pretty sure pause the game  and resets skills)
workshop interaction that runs dfhack script "fullheal"
increase thickness of tissues

also,
have you created an entity for them?
how do I do that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »

(produces a lot of "x has transformed into x" messages, which i'm pretty sure pause the game
You can disable it, its a GUI option. Or manually, in announcements.txt in data/init. This line: [BODY_TRANSFORMATION:A_D:D_D:BOX:P:R]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2014, 04:38:09 pm »

It seems to me like these three options are the only way of "solving" the wasps weakness
shed their skin once a year (produces a lot of "x has transformed into x" messages, which i'm pretty sure pause the game  and resets skills)
workshop interaction that runs dfhack script "fullheal"
increase thickness of tissues

i took the initiative to merge my creature raws with heyman's raws.i basically added my coated castes and poison to heyman's stuff.i will upload the files soon,so that you guys can see them too and we'll see how else we can improve them.shedding once per year is also very easy to be done,it doesn't even require dfhack.

how do I do that?

take a look at the entity files.that's where the details of each civilization are kept:the ethics,the permitted professions,buildings and reactions,what gods they worship,their language,by what criteria they name their civilizations,how do they act on worldgen and how they wage war and how they trade,their nobles and what each position does,and various other stuff.you now know their significance,but since you don't know how to write one,read these wikia articles so that you see what each token does,and take a look at the other entries so that you see what you need and how you need to write it.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Entity_token
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Position_token
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Ethic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77