Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92874 times)

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »

Loincloths on wasps would the most hilariously looking thing ever. I mean what would they even be trying to hide :P

How about some generically sounding clothes? "*material* right/left foot protector", "*material* abdomen cover", "*material* thorax cover".

They could also have some accessories. Antennae rings, bracelets. Tribal paint could also be pretty interesting; would it be purely cosmetical or would it be like the kobold's paint?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:37:43 pm by Sagus »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 20, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »

As the spriter who already drew plenty of unclothed wasps, it would be rather disappointing if I had to redraw every single wasp so they had clothes on. So I just suggested some stuff that would be easier for me to add on. Personally I think we should draw what our clothes should look like and then come up with names for them later.

Also I took some inspiration from this https://www.google.co.in/search?q=thri-kreen&biw=1366&bih=604&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7uIvVIqJK4zXPP_wgKgK&sqi=2&ved=0CBsQsAQ#imgdii=_

To answer your question, probably purely cosmetic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:25:49 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2014, 08:37:46 pm »

Ah, I see.

Well, I'd vote against robes because it'd cover up most of the sprite, rendering most of your work meaningless all the same.

I think it'd be fine to leave the sprites naked. It's not like they ever really represent what the characters are wearing, after all (vanilla dwarves cover themselves with cloaks, hoads, skirts, and a bunch of other junk, but you never see a sprite for a dwarf draw like that, for instance).

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2014, 08:41:42 pm »

Guys I have bad news for all of you. One day I downloaded a program called ccleaner in order to clean away some temporary files from my harddrive to save space and guess what it did. It deleted all of my sprites! I am very sorry to tell you guys this. I have no idea what to do about it, I'm sorry.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »

Deleted? Or DELETED? Check the recycle bin. Manually deleted files are usually saved there and you can usually restore them. Although ccleaner may have bypassed that and just completely deleted them. Worth a try though.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2014, 08:57:38 pm »

Guys I have bad news for all of you. One day I downloaded a program called ccleaner in order to clean away some temporary files from my harddrive to save space and guess what it did. It deleted all of my sprites! I am very sorry to tell you guys this. I have no idea what to do about it, I'm sorry.
Always have backups, online backups are best.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 20, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

Well at the current moment I downloaded some system recovery software on a USB and I am currently scanning my whole hard drive to see if it can be recovered. The bad news is that I restarted my computer at some point. The good news is that ccleaner managed to delete 6 GB of files so I have plenty of fodder until my photo gets corrupted. I will tell you the results in 2 hours, or tomorrow depending on wether or not I decide to stay up till midnight.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #532 on: October 21, 2014, 06:05:13 am »

As a dabbling hacker I can tell you that NOTHING is EVER deleted permanently.
What normally happens is:
Right click, delete, forget about it. These are the easiest files to recover
above, but empty the recycle bin. Little bit harder to recover, but still do-able.
Full computer wipes. It can take a MINIMUM (old data BTW) of six COMPLETE computer wipes to remove stuff from the cache.
Modern day military hackers (yes they are real and I probably shouldn't tell you anymore about them) can get a nearly complete file after thirty complete wipes.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 21, 2014, 06:49:11 am »

Well at the current moment the recovery software has finished scanning my hard drive but now I have to sift through lots of GBs of pngs (it actually says 3 TB but my hardrive isn't large enough to hold one Terabyte so I have no idea what it's talking about)

Maybe I'll be done in 2 weeks, I might just hire a professional to do it instead.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 21, 2014, 08:13:00 am »

well, at least the reproduction system is almost ready, isn't it?

EDIT: i fixed a major bug in the weapon growing system, added two new two-handed weapons (a single bladed greatsword and a two handed hammer with some edged attacks) and added waspen clothing: the average wasp will be wearing a necklace, bracers, anklets, a headscarf and a type of skirt called a sarong.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:54:34 am by than402 »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 21, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »

>> two handed hammer with some edged attacks

Remember, that DF will favor the edged attacks over the blunt by a ratio of, unless i'm misremembering the exact number, 100:1 (because Toady only uses mixed weapon types for pommel strikes, which he wants to be exceedingly rare).

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 21, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

>> two handed hammer with some edged attacks

Remember, that DF will favor the edged attacks over the blunt by a ratio of, unless i'm misremembering the exact number, 100:1 (because Toady only uses mixed weapon types for pommel strikes, which he wants to be exceedingly rare).

goddamn  :( well, two handed hammer with no edged attacks, then

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 21, 2014, 10:35:53 pm »

I have done it!  :D I have recovered the files! And not even the slightest hint of corruption! this is fantastic!

Now in order to prevent this from happening again, what should I do first?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #538 on: October 21, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »

Why not upload them? Imgur is good enough for pngs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 21, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »

Sure Ill do that tomorrow. For now I sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77