Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92869 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2014, 04:52:09 pm »

here are the merged raws.note that i kept the bronze,bismuth bronze,copper and iron castes which make no sense now(iron,bronze and bismuth bronze offer nothing,while copper actually weakens them).that's because i have doubts about the balance:right now we have a not sleeping,not tantruming cannibal race whose warrior caste can kick an average orc's ass in close combat.granted,their queen is the obvious weak spot of a colony and their armors will suck(and they won't be able to take better armor due to the size difference,to boot),but i think some more testing is needed...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2014, 04:56:57 pm »

and I completely suck at writing entity_wasps files
If you can put in the values of what you think it could be, I will edit them and then post the ethics
also, is it possible to make the sting a bit quicker at paralyzing the opponent?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:00:00 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »

and I completely suck at writing entity_wasps files
If you can put in the values of what you think it could be, I will edit them and then post the ethics
also, is it possible to make the sting a bit quicker at paralyzing the opponent?

nevermind,i'll do it.i have modified my entities many times,i can do it pretty quickly.i just need a complete list of the buildings they'll have and the reactions

i could make the poison stronger,but they're strong enough as they are,i'm really not sure if making the poison even stronger is a good idea

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2014, 05:08:54 pm »

cheers mate. I salute you
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »

Buildings to be added:
claw workshop: 3X3 produces melee "claw" weapons
Armourfitter:5X5 (produces advanced scalemail, which is twice as strong as normal scalemail)

new pet to web traps
very small, nontoxic spider used to web traps

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2014, 06:04:35 pm »

Buildings to be added:
Armourfitter:5X5 (produces advanced scalemail, which is twice as strong as normal scalemail)

new pet to web traps

the metalsmith's forge can produce both the claws and the armor,and the spider already exists.it's called trap spider and is used by the kobolds.

are there any other buildings or reactions apart from those i already modded?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:06:20 pm by than402 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 07:27:56 pm »

well this isn't something that has been officially confirmed but we were going to use the stingers that the wasps are supposed to drop when butchered to make ranged ammo. That hasn't been implemented yet, mostly because i really want that bonechop bug fixed. Also we would have to give the stinger an item file.

I'm only writing this so insanegame can tell me his opinion on it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 08:28:54 pm »

when any wasp gets killed, butchering it gives a "stinger", which in itself is like a dagger. then in the archery range (5X5, mentioned earlier) it is used as a reagent to produce ranged ammo for the compound bow.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »

Buildings to be added:

new pet to web traps

the metalsmith's forge can produce both the claws and the armor,and the spider already exists.it's called trap spider and is used by the kobolds.

are there any other buildings or reactions apart from those i already modded?
not so far, although i'm sure that I'll think of something along the line.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewaasp related
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »

i don't know if it has been discussed before or if it is for balance reasons,but why not give them NOEMOTION?if they are a hive mind,it wouldn't make sense for some of its members to tantrum and wreck the hive.
I like the idea but is there a way to give a VERY bad thought if the queen dies?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 09:30:18 pm »

It all depends on how you want it done.

I don't know if it's possible to run a syndrome with "death" as the activator, but it's definitely feasible to make a script that does this.

A few pointers, if you go for the script way:
* "onUnitDeath" is the event you want to watch, it needs an unit ID as the argument (check it against your queen's ID)
* For the actual bad thoughts, the siren (humans barrack) does this, so investigating from that will give you what you need.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2014, 03:01:57 am »

not so far, although i'm sure that I'll think of something along the line.

then i'll prepare the entity files today
It all depends on how you want it done.

I don't know if it's possible to run a syndrome with "death" as the activator, but it's definitely feasible to make a script that does this.

A few pointers, if you go for the script way:
* "onUnitDeath" is the event you want to watch, it needs an unit ID as the argument (check it against your queen's ID)
* For the actual bad thoughts, the siren (humans barrack) does this, so investigating from that will give you what you need.

well,i can't do that.i know nothing about dfhack.i'll try to think of a way to work around it,however
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:55:16 am by than402 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2014, 11:02:14 am »

i uploaded the entity files to the usual link.i also modified the minion scripts a bit so that the wasps have the right pets.i believe the wasps are now playable,though they will require a lot more polishing/additions/balancing/playtesting before they can be considered a proper race.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2014, 07:16:01 pm »

In a previous thread we agreed to make the wasps parasitic. I believe this will help balance the race by forcing you to capture prisoners alive in order to get more workers that are not migrants. I can easily imagine this being FUN in the early game so let's talk about how we are going to do this.

I'm thinking that what we do is that we make the queen able to add a syndrome that makes the victim eventually transform into a wasp. I can imagine capturing the enemies in cage traps and then bringing them to a special room that only the queen lives in and then the queen needs to inject them with an egg as well as not get killed by the enemy it is trying to inject. Also how should we implement queen cups, these are special places were eggs are layed and those eggs hatch into more queens. Of course only one queen can exist at a time, but we can talk about that later.

any comments? this is an important idea to discuss. Don't write any RAWS for it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2014, 04:54:36 am »

let's see:

modding a transformation syndrome is easy.as always,CAN_DO_INTERACTION and truetransformation are your friends.the thing is,however,i'm not worried so much that the enemy will kill the queen(you can strip him naked and wound him before you let him in,and the queen's carapace is very tough),but that the queen will kill the enemy instead of transforming him.

as for the second idea,one way to simulate this would be to mod an immobile,egg like creature which would be transform to a queen trough an interaction after some time passes.we could give the queen another interaction which would use spawn-unit and a material emission to spawn those eggs sporadically.i don't know if it would work,however
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77