Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92887 times)

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »

i'm currently at the "omg, why is nothing working?" phase of the implementation...
Yeah... I know that feeling from my time trying to make a "Pokémon Tabletop Adventures" ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II...

The code won in the end.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2014, 04:54:04 pm »

heydude, although what you noted is correct, it doesn't solve my problem. it just doesn't work. they won't target themselves. i think i'll try material emissions, we'll see how that goes

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2014, 05:11:15 pm »

How do you know they don't target themselves? I don't see any syndrome names and opposed to life simply doesn't work in the arena?

Also if you are putting the interactions in the creature raws and not as a result of syndromes the CDI's should look like this
Spoiler: correct (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wrong (click to show/hide)

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 01, 2014, 05:18:20 pm »

:-[  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

thanks, heydude

and keep on going, chimerat. human ingenuity always wins at the end!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 01, 2014, 05:20:16 pm »

I assume those frowney faces were the equivalent of a face palm, right?

if not then I have no idea what they mean.  :-\
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 01, 2014, 05:25:37 pm »

yep. there is no facepalm so i make do

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 01, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »

ok, i think it works now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 03, 2014, 07:16:24 am »

ok, i finalized the queen's interactions. they should work as expected now. i made the craziness interactions start to occur after roughly 3 years, so the player has plenty of time to set up a proper spot for his queen. i also worked on the infectory reactions. nothing major, just some minor stuff so that it works slightly better.

what allies, if any, do you think the wasps should have?

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 03, 2014, 08:23:53 am »

and keep on going, chimerat. human ingenuity always wins at the end!
Yeah. I suspect I'll go back to that eventually.

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 03, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

what allies, if any, do you think the wasps should have?
Maybe it'd make sense to put them in with the slavers? They do use slaves after all.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 03, 2014, 10:43:46 am »

Maybe it'd make sense to put them in with the slavers? They do use slaves after all.

I don't really see wasps cooperating with orcs. What about putting them in the SAVAGE group?
They were animals, and so were the kobolds and centauri before organizing into primitive forms of society - it would make sense of wasps making alliance with those, because they are in similar situation.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:47:16 am by Emperor »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:11 am »

or succubi... maybe we could run a second poll, but this one is pretty irresolute for the moment.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 03, 2014, 06:52:21 pm »

personally I would say not with the succubi, warlocks and banshees. It just doesn't make any sense, sure the wasps and succubi both capture animals and make them slaves, but one uses dark magic, the other uses biology. I would have to agree with savage.

Also, small questions, should we make succubi, warlocks, and banshees, immune to being paracitized? Automatons are a no brainer. I also think frost giants should become praetorians guaranteed.

Palpatine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 03, 2014, 06:55:12 pm »

I believe they would probably be best in the savage group.  While you are creating a valid player civ, I don't think the drow or succubi would see them as allies, and possibly not even as civilized.  Succubi are demonic artisans, and I believe they would view the waspen as either a barbaric and unworthy civilization or even  just as tool wielding animals or possible pets, but not as allies.  Same with the drow.   

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 04, 2014, 02:43:18 am »

savages it is, then. as for slavers... yeah, they kind of use slaves but in practice they are more like cattle... slaves are used for labor, after all, not for food.

Also, small questions, should we make succubi, warlocks, and banshees, immune to being paracitized? Automatons are a no brainer. I also think frost giants should become praetorians guaranteed.

yes and yes.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77