Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92148 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2014, 05:08:31 am »

quote from meph (through pm)
How many test forts did you play, and do you have a manual, and how many buildings are done, and do you have graphical sprites for every new creature?
I'll do the test forts, Than, can you do the manual and building count? Heydude6 can you do the spites?

Also, the wasps have no trading partners, no pets for embark screen, no food or drinks on embark, no seeds, no armour, etc.

also what skills do the wasp talons use?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:12:13 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2014, 05:21:11 am »

quote from meph (through pm)
How many test forts did you play, and do you have a manual, and how many buildings are done, and do you have graphical sprites for every new creature?
I'll do the test forts, Than, can you do the manual and building count? Heydude6 can you do the spites?

Also, the wasps have no trading partners, no pets for embark screen, no food or drinks on embark, no seeds, no armour, etc.

what do you mean the manual and building count?should i note the number of buildings and the materials the wasps use?also,i noted the issues with the entity file.if you are to do any test forts,i must first fix it.in order to fix the lack of pets,put the scripts i included in the hack/scripts file.but i don't know why you say you don't have trading partners.the other evil races seem to be friendly on the embark screen.

oh,and the talons use the striking still

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2014, 05:48:06 am »

Manual as in:

how many buildings are functional
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:05 am »

There also needs to be a way to differentiate between castes at embark, at the moment, there seems to be no way to know what castes they are without therapist, and you can only use therapist after you've embarked.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2014, 06:00:35 am »

ok,so i write a similar file detailing how each building is made,what it does,and also what special materials and items the wasps use,right?

making it easier to differentiate between castes is simple:we write descriptions for them.also,i updated the entity file.now you can have seeds,armor,plants and all the pets designed for them.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2014, 06:51:31 am »

cheers for all your hard work, can you update the descriptions. also, is there a way to make sure there is always at least one queen at world gen? because in legends there is ought but workers

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:53 am »

well,that's logical.workers have a far bigger population ratio than queens.i think that at least i made sure that the civilization leaders and the expedition leaders are queens.you mean you didn't even found one queen at the world history?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2014, 07:06:20 am »

well,that's logical.workers have a far bigger population ratio than queens.i think that at least i made sure that the civilization leaders and the expedition leaders are queens.you mean you didn't even found one queen at the world history?
not a one. this was a 5 year pocket fort, seeing as my computer isnt very powerful at genning big worlds. will gen a new "smaller" world and try to find a queen there

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2014, 07:17:27 am »

well,i know for a fact that what i did with the expedition leaders doesn't work.which is very bad news,since that mean that it's not guaranteed when you'll have a queen,or even that you will ever get one.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2014, 07:24:33 am »

maybe lower their uncommonness and have a dfhack script that ensures there is only 1 hivemind queen at once

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:40 am »

lowering the uncommoness would most certainly help.i don't know if this script can be done,i know nothing about dfhack.heydude6 also suggested adding another mechanism to spawn a queen,so there's that too.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2014, 07:40:38 am »

lowering the uncommoness would most certainly help.i don't know if this script can be done,i know nothing about dfhack.heydude6 also suggested adding another mechanism to spawn a queen,so there's that too.
Maybe a workshop that "unsterilises" a worker to become a queen? and one that does a "unsterilised sex change" to a worker
It would kinda make RL sense as well. one wasp dominating over a small group of other wasps to become the queen
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:02:10 am by Insanegame27 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

well couldn't it be possible to make it so that there is an item in the embark starting items called royal jelly that when eaten will transform the wasp into a queen. And we can then give the queen an interaction makes other queens go berserk, to prevent royal jelly spam. This is of course only a temporary fix but we need one if we are going to be testing this fort.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:51 pm »

well couldn't it be possible to make it so that there is an item in the embark starting items called royal jelly that when eaten will transform the wasp into a queen. And we can then give the queen an interaction makes other queens go berserk, to prevent royal jelly spam. This is of course only a temporary fix but we need one if we are going to be testing this fort.

yes,it could be done.make it a good plant,give them USE_GOOD_PLANTS,and the first person that eats one gets to be the queen.side effect is that they'll have access to the other good plans as well,but whatever.it's not that bad.now,the interaction might be a bit more complicated.i would suggest OPPOSED_TO_LIFE,rather than CRAZED,since the latter might cause loyalty cascades.if we're running test forts,however,only the jelly is needed.we can give a bit more thought on the interaction later on.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2014, 02:40:31 pm »

Why do we need to make it good plant? Couldn't we make it a regular plant?

Also what resolution should the sprites be in?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 77