Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92876 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #765 on: November 21, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

sorry.

Well at least you don't have to draw a skeletal one.

i don't? cause i figured necromancers would raise the exoskeleton instead...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 21, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »

They won't raise the skeleton of a creature that has the nobones tag. And the lobster god has to have nobones since lobsters don't have bones, only an exoskeleton.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 21, 2014, 12:24:22 pm »

huh. i figured that since our undead include moving pieces of skin and moving bovine heads, a raised exoskeleton wouldn't raise an eyebrow but whatever. that means it's easier for me, since a lot of the gods don't have bones.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 21, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »

you still need zombies.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 21, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »

working on it

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:13 am »

hey, i made the sprites for the gods. the tarrasque and the fire wyrm ones, however, are pretty much modified versions of pre existing sprites. i don't know if that's a problem. also, this is the first time i draw sprite so the quality may be somewhat... questionable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »

They all look pretty neat, better than anything I could do.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 25, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

They all look pretty neat, better than anything I could do.

glad you like them.

heydude, how are we going with the sprites? and is there anything else i can do?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 25, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »

Well I had a busy weekend unfortunately so I wasn't able to work on the sprites. Sorry about that.

But I would say no, there isn't anything else you can do now. Sorry .

We just have to wait till I finish the sprites.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 25, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »

Well I had a busy weekend unfortunately so I wasn't able to work on the sprites. Sorry about that.

But I would say no, there isn't anything else you can do now. Sorry .

We just have to wait till I finish the sprites.

ok. how about the bleeding syndrome and the maggot tooth material?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 25, 2014, 04:45:50 pm »

sure, you can do that. Make the teeth as strong as iron (without multipliers) naturally though.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »

what about the bleeding syndrome? how does it work?

also, i want to point out that you don't have to make sprites for the slaves (they already exist) and you only have to make one sprite for the organic weapons (they're supposed to look like sacks of meat until the moment they are "cleaned"/butchered for the weapon). and they can't become undead, for obvious reasons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 25, 2014, 05:13:28 pm »

so basically what happens is that when the larva bites a victim, it gives the victim the a syndrome that gives it the ability to use 2 interactions. The first one is a single-use interaction that transforms the larvae into an instadying larvae that leaves no corpse. The second Interaction becomes available after a few months which transforms the victim into a wasp.

The amount of blood that an animal has is directly correlated to it's size. What we are trying to do is to make a localized bleeding syndrome with a certain SEV value so that animals that are the size of weasels bleed out before they can hatch into wasps, while animals the size of elfs (I personally prefer wolves or kobolds) bleed for a bit but then the bleeding part of the syndrome wears out and so they are temporarily mostly healthy until they hatch.

also elves are larger than kobolds. What this means is that if your size limit is elf size then kobolds wouldn't be able to be used as hosts. Could be an in lore reason for why kobolds are the wasps only trading partners though.

Although you can get around this by making the bleeding component a separate syndrome in the same material and then making the Civ creatures immune to it.

Also here are the sizes that of the creatures that you would have to experiment with:

Dwarf/elf:60,000 (this is how large they are at 12)

Human:70,000  (once again at 12)

kobold:20,000  (still 12)

wolf: 40,000 (when it is 2)

good luck

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 25, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »

ok, thanks. i'll get on it tomorrow. and i'll also deal with the wasps dying a few years after they infect a victim.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 25, 2014, 05:19:01 pm »

I can deal with that part, don't worry
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77