Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92824 times)

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #825 on: December 17, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »

Yeah since I have connection problems I'm now trying to save your manual on the computer, to use it offline.

Aside from that, no save-compatibility between versions, so I'll just start a new fortress (it seems legit anyway, since in .60 version corrupted workers and soldiers were only 1 point cost, and I've started a new game with 10 praetorians just for the sake of trying them... it ended with a cave troll went too far from its cave mutilated in seconds near my wagon).

:edit: fixing the masterwork for Hermit mode let me know that your version of the Masterwork you're using is an older one? It seems that there isn't the hermit civ in your mod.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:27:46 pm by Vitellozzo »

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 17, 2014, 06:34:56 pm »

What do you mean?

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 17, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »

Sorry for the bad english, and for my trials to make english sentences out of nowhere. When I want to be fast I tend to forget sentence constructions!
What I meant is that maybe you are using, as a base for your mod, DF Masterwork 6.0, instead of the last one 6.1, where there is the hermit as a new civ.
To be extremly clear, I'll use images:

This, as the screenshot says, it's your AddPetToCiv.
That other one, instead, is from last masterwork AddPetToCiv.

As you can tell, your file lacks of hermit scripts.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 18, 2014, 01:10:04 am »

You're right. I'll upload new files later (when I get to my pc). and you don't need to apologize for your english, i'm not a native speaker either and i tend to butcher the language pretty badly from time to time.

EDIT: ok, the new files are up on the usual link
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:09:53 am by than402 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:59 am »

i started another hive:Tritehawk, a.k.a. "The river of the million snakes"(literally, they're everywhere). making the hive and was as easy as intended (3-4 feather light blocks from a log FTW), and so was providing for my wasps. i have two deaths (a soldier that went berserk after getting his ass kicked by a coyote and depriving him of accommodations for his position, and a hunter stupid enough to hunt a gargoyle for some reason i fail to understand), a horde of snakes in my animal stockpiles an a queen. so far i have encountered a new bug concerning the traders (apparently there's a little token called TRADE_CAPACITY and it's kind of important for your trade animals to have it), but nothing game breaking. also, not even one instance of friendly fire so far! next thing i'll try will be my soon to be spawned larvae. i have no enemies to pit them against them yet, so i'll test my infectory first. i'll run the hive for a few years more, test all of our features, the general balance of the race and how well they hold against enemies, but it looks great so far!

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 18, 2014, 11:18:12 am »

on another note, i encountered a crash: when you try to slaughter larvae (that's something you're bound to be doing when you don't want more wasps, by the way) the game crashes. there's generally a lot of weirdness with the larvae and the eggs: they don't show up in the animals menu and when they transform they keep the Unfertilized Egg part, so for example the drone larvae were named "Unfertilized Egg, Unfertilized Larva" and a fertilized egg is named "Unfertilized Egg, Fertilized Egg". these are top priority bugs in my books, but i will continue this hive in order to test the other features and to see how far the bug rabbit hole goes

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 18, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »

Strange when I slaughtered my larvae it went fine. Any way here is the fix for the "unfertilized egg" bug

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The thing is the green and blank synclass determine the name of the newly spawned unit. I'm going to see if leaving it blank works. Nope.... it doesn't, you need to input a name. I would recommend "tame".
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 18, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »

nice. the thing with the larva was strange indeed. and i could butcher the egg just fine... do you by any chance remember how you ran the tests? did you spawn it by console, did you spawn an egg by console and let it hatch or did you let a queen spawn the egg with then hatched?

some more things i noticed with the reproduction system:

1) a gnoll seems to have gotten over the bite. it changed its name to "gnoll infected", then simply gnoll and did not transform
2) putting swarms of larvae on a single enemy doesn't work. they all bite him almost simultaneously, he bleeds out from the many, many bleeding syndromes and all the larvae die with him
3)when i did transform a larva to a wasp, it turned into a "Peasant" which spent the next month doing nothing, nearly dehydrating himself to death and generally acting weird. and then he got over it and started acting normally (aside from the name thing). is this intentional? because i can see a new wasp suffering a BSOD upon transformation
4) general observation: the hatching and transforming times need to get lowered. i found myself waiting and waiting for months just for some drones.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 18, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »

1)Interesting, I got to look at this a bit more
2) Make it give the victim a self targeted bleeding syndrome inducing interaction instead, then make it have [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:Whatever the syndrome class of the bleeding syndrome produced by interactions is] so it doesn't use it on itself twice. Also make it so that at the end of the syndrome it removes the affected creature's HAS_BLOOD tag.
3) That happens when you infect a creature that is not a historical figure. You can butcher them for 32 meat if you select it with "v". Also it's a benign bug. A bit strange but it always turns out fine in the end.
4) I thought it was supposed to take months. We can't let players grow their hives too quickly.

Anyway I tested it by letting a queen lay an egg naturally, waiting for it to hatch and then butchering it. Maybe it has something to do with the new teeth that were meant to pierce frost-giant skin? (the products I got were 1 meat, 1 untannable skin, and a single tooth)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 18, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »

1)Interesting, I got to look at this a bit more
2) Make it give the victim a self targeted bleeding syndrome inducing interaction instead, then make it have [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:Whatever the syndrome class of the bleeding syndrome produced by interactions is] so it doesn't use it on itself twice. Also make it so that at the end of the syndrome it removes the affected creature's HAS_BLOOD tag.
3) That happens when you infect a creature that is not a historical figure. You can butcher them for 32 meat if you select it with "v". Also it's a benign bug. A bit strange but it always turns out fine in the end.
4) I thought it was supposed to take months. We can't let players grow their hives too quickly.

1) i'll look at it too. maybe it's RESISTABLE? is that even how RESISTABLE works? lots of questions, andd aside from that filled myself a pretty extensive tweaks/ bug list to take care of
2) thanks. now that we'll fix it, among the many atrocities a waspen player will inevitably commit (i myself infected an elven woman with a larva while pregnant and later i started butchering elven babies to harvest souls for my Shrine. there's nothing in the DF world a little baby murdering can't solve) players will be able to set proper larvae pits to throw hapless enemies/wildlife at :D
3)i just wanted to know why it happens and if it's dangerous. if you say it's benign, we'll leave it there.
4) i didn't say make them hatch immediately. just cut the transformation time by a couple, maybe three months, and the hatching time by a month. remember, not all larvae will make it and you have 8, 16 at most larvae per year at a relatively short lived race, the members of which don't believe in armor very much and 90% of the race consists of gnome size bug people. you will have casualties.

Anyway I tested it by letting a queen lay an egg naturally, waiting for it to hatch and then butchering it. Maybe it has something to do with the new teeth that were meant to pierce frost-giant skin? (the products I got were 1 meat, 1 untannable skin, and a single tooth)

most likely that's it. i'll take a look at it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:37:40 pm by than402 »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2014, 04:40:08 am »

2) putting swarms of larvae on a single enemy doesn't work. they all bite him almost simultaneously, he bleeds out from the many, many bleeding syndromes and all the larvae die with him
It even makes sense for a biologist! Too many larvas into a single host decrete the death of the entire system, aside from some kind of flies which have true larvas that eat the host and many many more sacrificial larvas that just stay in the host to prevent him defending succesfully against the true growing larvas, and to provide more food for them.

SCIENCE.

PS: with the new masterwork version, you have to put something into your mod or is just compatible as it is?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 19, 2014, 04:44:15 am »

no, we'll have to review the scripts we're using. since i'll be fixing the latest batch of bugs i found anyway, i will make it compatible when i upload the new files.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:16 pm »

Scripts didnt change much. That will happen when the 40.x update is done...

You have custom scripts in the Hive Mod?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 19, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »

no, we just use the minion scripts for the animals and boltgun's makeown script for the reproduction system

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #839 on: December 19, 2014, 12:42:43 pm »

They are unchanged.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77