Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92665 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #870 on: December 21, 2014, 11:16:38 pm »

The to-do list:
1: fix bugs
2: have a tutorial story fort in MWDF
3: fix bugs revealed
When we have a stable version,
Officially integrate into MWDF
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 22, 2014, 04:22:33 am »

ok, let's begin (strap on, even with spoilers this is going to be a long one):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

yes. queens are bigger than wasps and their chitin is meteoric iron hard. soldier chitin is iron hard, drone and worker is copper hard

i made two handed weapons a bit more expensive, so if that was your problem, it was intentional. since shields are OP (wasps can equip 3 of them and a weapon), you can't create them. you have to find them through sieges

i believe the problem is that i did not gave them a METAL token, so as far as dorf fortress is concerned, it's just some weird inorganic, like marble or clay. i'll add it and see what happens.

for the 2 month weapons:

4 months:

12 months:
, 10 paper cement, 2 souls for two handed

5 meat, 4 leather, 3 paper cement 2 souls for daggers and talons[/spoiler]

18 months:
, 10 paper cement, 3 souls, 1 brain essence  for two handed

5 meat, 4 leather, 3 paper cement 3 souls, 1 brain essence for daggers and talons[/spoiler]

note that i might tweak them if they seem too overpriced or under priced. and i might remove the meat packs from there and only keep them for Shrine reactions (their purpose is to spare you from moving 60 or something reagents for a single reaction)

yes. pasture a larva and a slave in the workshop.

i don't know how (or if i even can) fix this. they can be pastured, however, and you can still butcher them through v-p-s

we would change them if we could, but the workshop names are hardcoded. and i fixed the boots and feet thing. it seems waspen armor was missing a few tokens.

great idea. i'll get on to it.

i know that feeling...

organic weapons are not, in fact, uneqquippable, you just can't store them or choose them through the military screen. but you can, for example, appoint scythes to a unit, and if you don't have metal scythes, they'll go and pick up your organic scythes. i'll fix this for good in the next update. thank you for your feedback, it will help us a lot.
:D welcome back, insane!!!

we should make a poll about waspen clothing, since Vitelazzo said wasps shouldn't be able to make items out of cloth and Meph and Boltgun pointed out we can even make them have no bad thoughts about clothing.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:47:41 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #872 on: December 22, 2014, 06:01:31 am »

poll is up
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 22, 2014, 06:06:00 am »

actually, could i trouble you a little bit to change the options?:

Vitellazzo suggested wasps shouldn't use cloth, so one option should be only leather and chitin for clothing

Meph and Boltgun pointed out we can even make them not require clothing at all

or we can leave it as it is

they're gonna wear some armor either way, after all

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 22, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »

hey, slight update on the status: i believe i fixed the organic weapons bug, i added a reaction to stud expensive cement blocks with gems, i changed the larva drop (and added a reaction to process it for some meat and a chance for a brain essence), and other stuff. what stops me from calling it an update, however, is that a) i intent to balance the prices of organic weapons,b) i haven't decided if i'm going to add new digging and tree cutting tools (though i lean towards "probably not, they're a bit redundant") and c) i ran into this bug:

noticed how easily ligaments and tendons are damaged even from bruises? an armed and trained soldier caste got crippled by a particularly lucky snake who simply bit him in his arms.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:31:32 pm by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #875 on: December 22, 2014, 08:09:07 pm »

i think that's caused by the exoskeleton. we may need to remove the exoskeleton so  they don't suck

Also to clarify, the wasps still have wings, they're just too heavy to use them.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:02:50 pm by Insanegame27 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #876 on: December 22, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »

I'm aloud on my comp for a bit, this comes up in the errorlog when i hit e to embark
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_hivemind_wasps.txt"
SPIDER_WASP:Gastroliths seem to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SPIDER_BIRD:Gastroliths seem to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity JOTUNFD
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity HORNEDFD
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity NIGHTWINGFD
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity BROCK_FD
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity PANDASHIFD
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity RAPTOR_FD
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity HARPYFD
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_hivemind_wasps.txt"
SPIDER_WASP:Gastroliths seem to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SPIDER_BIRD:Gastroliths seem to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

I've always hated menacing spikes and now i've got a reason to!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:48:19 pm by Insanegame27 »

HugeOtter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 23, 2014, 01:54:11 am »

What is the labour connected to the Pulper? I tried pressing but it didn't work...

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 23, 2014, 04:20:28 am »

I'm aloud on my comp for a bit, this comes up in the errorlog when i hit e to embark
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_hivemind_wasps.txt"
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_hivemind_wasps.txt"

I've always hated menacing spikes and now i've got a reason to!

i fixed the first part yesterday and i will upload the update as soon as i fix the other stuff

as for the menacing spikes, i don't know. have you overwritten something? it seems like your folder is missing some files

What is the labour connected to the Pulper? I tried pressing but it didn't work...

the presser skill. you may also see it written as researcher & inventor in dwarf therapist or on embark

EDIT: i found what was causing the problem with the fragile ligaments. now i've got to test to see if i accidentally made wasps invincible by fixing it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:40:14 am by than402 »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 23, 2014, 05:35:04 am »

Well well, lot's of things to answer.
yes. queens are bigger than wasps and their chitin is meteoric iron hard. soldier chitin is iron hard, drone and worker is copper hard
Yes, yes! In nature hymenoptera queens are always bigger and stronger than their worker counterparts.
i made two handed weapons a bit more expensive, so if that was your problem, it was intentional. since shields are OP (wasps can equip 3 of them and a weapon), you can't create them. you have to find them through sieges
Yeah, it has sense. Multi shield could be too overpowered to begin with.

i believe the problem is that i did not gave them a METAL token, so as far as dorf fortress is concerned, it's just some weird inorganic, like marble or clay. i'll add it and see what happens.
organic weapons are not, in fact, uneqquippable, you just can't store them or choose them through the military screen. but you can, for example, appoint scythes to a unit, and if you don't have metal scythes, they'll go and pick up your organic scythes. i'll fix this for good in the next update. thank you for your feedback, it will help us a lot.
No wait, I figured it could be a problem like this. But in military screen, if you search for the exact weapon, you'll never find those. If you put generic "scythes" weapon equip, like my screen, the warrior never figure there could be a bio weapon for him ready.
http://i.imgur.com/7Gp0Hut.png
First and third images are from exact match research returns and for equipping generic equipment (and letting months pass just to see if the militia man would never equip it.
For the armors, no problem (aside from not being able to make "boot" armor).

So I have to wait until fertilized eggs, after the queen layed the, to hatch entirely? Ok, sure. But it could help if we write it in the manual.

red wasp things
i don't know how (or if i even can) fix this. they can be pastured, however, and you can still butcher them through v-p-s
Yes, I know this. Anyway, weird.

we would change them if we could, but the workshop names are hardcoded. and i fixed the boots and feet thing. it seems waspen armor was missing a few tokens.
How it is possible? In the vanilla game the craftshop is craftdwarf's shop, now in waps mod is craftman's. The name is already changed!

Vitellazzo suggested wasps shouldn't use cloth, so one option should be only leather and chitin for clothing
About this: what if we make the wasps create a different kind of equipment? Maybe they still don't need clothing, but if we make wasps clothing like another thin layer of armor (less than a leather, but equippable under your main armor). In this case we could make them use a misture of cloth+cement...?

hey, slight update on the status: i believe i fixed the organic weapons bug, i added a reaction to stud expensive cement blocks with gems, i changed the larva drop (and added a reaction to process it for some meat and a chance for a brain essence), and other stuff.
Yay! No know about code or things, so dunno how to help you helping ligaments to stop breaking.
i think that's caused by the exoskeleton. we may need to remove the exoskeleton so  they don't suck

Also to clarify, the wasps still have wings, they're just too heavy to use them.
Then wasps need to have small wings as body part, then!
Also, I lol'd for your problem. This mod menaces with spikes of weird bug shell.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 23, 2014, 06:08:39 am »

No wait, I figured it could be a problem like this. But in military screen, if you search for the exact weapon, you'll never find those. If you put generic "scythes" weapon equip, like my screen, the warrior never figure there could be a bio weapon for him ready.
http://i.imgur.com/7Gp0Hut.png
First and third images are from exact match research returns and for equipping generic equipment (and letting months pass just to see if the militia man would never equip it.
For the armors, no problem (aside from not being able to make "boot" armor).

weird. my guys equipped their organic long swords just fine... well, i believe i fixed it (added the IS_METAL token so organic matter can be selected as a material, and changed the way you receive the sword so it comes through a reaction, and therefore counts as having been crafted by you)

So I have to wait until fertilized eggs, after the queen layed the, to hatch entirely? Ok, sure. But it could help if we write it in the manual.

yeah, the manual needs a lot of work. it's on my to-do list

How it is possible? In the vanilla game the craftshop is craftdwarf's shop, now in waps mod is craftman's. The name is already changed!

I'll try changing the craftsman's profession name. maybe that will work...

About this: what if we make the wasps create a different kind of equipment? Maybe they still don't need clothing, but if we make wasps clothing like another thin layer of armor (less than a leather, but equippable under your main armor). In this case we could make them use a misture of cloth+cement...?

so, basically like cloaks? we'll see which option wins. i count it as "no except armor", since that will essentially be its usage

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:02 am »

Yeah, something like cloaks... or padded armor for dwarves in the MW main mod.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 23, 2014, 06:36:50 am »

all of these options are very easy to mod. if the "only armor" prevails, i'll be sure to expand their armor a bit...

also, i noticed that the fragile tendons are a problem of all creatures which possess chitin, since chitin counts as a bone and is also the outermost layer. i'll counter this by making their ligaments and tendons heal after some time.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 23, 2014, 08:17:59 am »

ok guys, before i update i believe it's time to talk about buildings and professions again:

-ore processor: should the wasps have access to it? if not, it means wasps will only have a 20% chance of receiving bars from an ore and a 50% chance to receive slag
-scale worker: they have the slugsnake as a pet and i can't see why not
-archeologist: since every race has some form of it already
-slaughterhouse: to use megabeast corpses, mostly. wasps make heavy use of meat and leather, and pretty much every race has some form of it
-some sort of chandler: since they can be played underground and everyone has it

i believe we should also add these buildings (and the archeologist profession). what's your opinion?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:25:06 am by than402 »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 23, 2014, 09:03:23 am »

For me it's a simple yes for all, maybe aside from ore processor, since wasps using perfectly metal refinery could be strange to hear. But I don't know much about ore smelting of the mod, I've tested mostly bone/leather features from civilizations like kobolds and warlocks.

Maybe changing the "god" summoning process to put megabeasts as reagent, with a slaughterhouse-like building.

Anyway
b) i haven't decided if i'm going to add new digging and tree cutting tools (though i lean towards "probably not, they're a bit redundant"
I've actually had the idea of other tools replacing vanilla ones, not putting them aside. But I could see your point.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 77