Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92685 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewaasp related
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 04:46:40 am »

ok.which building should produce them?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewaasp related
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 05:06:48 am »

ok.which building should produce them?
the "archery field" which is 5x5. ima need someone to do some artwork for that
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 05:55:46 am »

here's the hornet bee.it has the size of a dog,a poison bearing sting,it lives from 8 to 10 years and the females(which are two times rarer than the males) can be milked for honey.

in general,it may need more testing,but here's a short description of their uses:they can breed and can be milked for honey.they can be trained for hunting and for war,and of course they can be butchered for meat.they perform two functions(defense/food),and therefore they are relatively expensive.

on their own,they are nothing special.even a dog can reliably kill them.however,in numbers larger than their opponents,they can be devastating.their venom is a nerfed version of the venom honey bees use in vanilla,but still it is deadly.stinging is their main attack,and once their opponent passes out from the pain,it's generally game over for him.they will keep on stinging him,thereby poisoning him even more and eventually killing him by bleeding to death.death by a thousand cuts indeed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 06:49:08 am »

here are some more stuff,including my half assed attempt at the wood pulper.the scale mails have smaller LAYER_SIZE than a breasplate,but larger than a mail shirt.only one can be worn at a time and take the breastplate's place in an armor,but at least they come cheaper and protect the same spots as a mail shirt.

in order to press paper cement(which by the way might need a better name),you take a wood log and,using the presser skill,you take at least five paper cement blocks,and you have a chance to get as far as eight with one reaction,making it a cheap and very reliable way to make large projects.

paper cement is cheap,easy to mass produce and very light,but it's also very flammable,so beware

Edit:the weapons are ready too.sharp bullets already exist in the raws,and so do slings,so i made the blunt ones.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:12:47 am by than402 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 07:19:50 am »

and finally,here are the wasps,now with kickass stings

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 04:00:24 pm »

I am a complete (nearly) oob at modding, where do I put the raws?
no matter where I put it ATM the area crashes when i place one down
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:04:43 pm by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »

for the reactions,make a notepad named reaction_wasps,then in the file write reaction_wasps in the first line and you're good.for the building similarly write building_wasps,for the armor item_armor_wasps and for the paper cement inorganic_wasps.don't forget the name of the file on the first line,it's very important.you said the arena crashes?that's weird.what does your errorlog say?

if it still doesn't work,i'll check them tomorrow morning
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:30:49 pm by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 01:46:52 am »

I am putting
Code: [Select]
creature_hivemind_wasp

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:HIVEMIND_WASP]
   [DESCRIPTION:A humanoid Wasp that lives to serve the Hive.]
   [NAME:Hivemind Wasp:Hivemind Wasp:Hivemind Wasp]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'H'][COLOR:0:0:1]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP]
   [BIOME:ANY_TROPICAL]
   [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE]
   [BIOME:ANY_DESERT]
   [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0]
   [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:30:50]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:5:10]
   [PREFSTRING:Venemous stings]
   [EQUIPS]
   [CANOPENDOORS]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [NO_SLEEP]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10040]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
   [TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
   [LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
   [NOEMOTION]
   [HAS_NERVES]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ICHOR:ICHOR_TEMPLATE]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ICHOR:LIQUID]
   [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
   [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
   [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
   [PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
   [MAXAGE:100:180]
   [NOBONES]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:VENOM:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_VENOM][MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:10000][REACTION_CLASS:IS_VENOM]
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:hivemind venom]
      [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen hivemind venom]
      [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:hivemind venom]
      [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:hivemind venom]
      [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling hivemind venom]
      [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling hivemind venom]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
      [ENTERS_BLOOD]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:hivemind sting]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:20:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
         [CE_SWELLING:SEV:15:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
   [CASTE:WORKER]
      [CASTE_NAME:worker Hivemind Wasp:worker Hivemind Wasp:worker Hivemind Wasp]
      Female, but non-breeding.
      [POP_RATIO:10000]
   [CASTE:SOLDIER]
      [CASTE_NAME:soldier Hivemind Wasp:soldier Hivemind Wasp:soldier Hivemind Wasp]
      Female, but non-breeding.
      [POP_RATIO:1000]
   [CASTE:DRONE]
      [MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:drone Hivemind Wasp:drone Hivemind Wasp:drone Hivemind Wasp]
      [POP_RATIO:5]
   [CASTE:QUEEN]
      [FEMALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:queen Hivemind Wasp:queen Hivemind Wasp:queen Hivemind Wasp]
      [POP_RATIO:1]
   [SELECT_CASTE:WORKER]
    [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:SOLDIER]
    [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:QUEEN]
      [BODY:HUMANOID_4ARMS_HIVE:TAIL:TAIL_STINGER:2EYES:HEART:GUTS:OUTERBRAIN:BRAIN:MOUTH:2WINGS]
      [BODYGLOSS:INSECT_UPPERBODY:INSECT_LOWERBODY]
   [SELECT_CASTE:DRONE]
      [BODY:HUMANOID_4ARMS_HIVE:TAIL:TAIL_STINGER:2EYES:HEART:GUTS:OUTERBRAIN:BRAIN:MOUTH:2WINGS]
      [BODYGLOSS:INSECT_UPPERBODY:INSECT_LOWERBODY]
   [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
      [ATTACK:STING:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:STINGER]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:sting:stings]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:30]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:15]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
      [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID:100:100]
      [ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
         [ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
         [ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
         [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
         [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
      [ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
         [ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
         [ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
         [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
         [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
      [ATTACK:BITE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
         [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
         [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
         [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
         [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
         [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CHITIN]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:chitin:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
   [SELECT_CASTE:WORKER]
      [BODY_SIZE:0:0:1000]
      [BODY_SIZE:1:0:10000]
      [BODY_SIZE:2:0:30000]
      [BODY_SIZE:3:0:60000]
   [SELECT_CASTE:SOLDIER]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:1500]
      [BODY_SIZE:1:0:15000]
      [BODY_SIZE:2:0:45000]
      [BODY_SIZE:3:0:45000]
      [BODY_SIZE:5:0:120000]
   [SELECT_CASTE:QUEEN]
      [BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000]
      [BODY_SIZE:1:0:50000]
      [BODY_SIZE:2:0:120000]
      [BODY_SIZE:3:0:200000]
   [SELECT_CASTE:DRONE]
      [BODY_SIZE:0:0:1000]
      [BODY_SIZE:1:0:10000]
      [BODY_SIZE:2:0:50000]
      [BODY_SIZE:3:0:100000]
      [BODY_SIZE:4:0:150000]
into a new text file called creature_hivemind_wasp in the objects folder

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 01:52:18 am »

that's correct.which part causes the crash?

EDIT:just ran the whole package in the arena and i got a pretty long errorlog about the wasps.i'll see what went wrong

EDIT#2:derp,of course i did.i don't have the correct body token for the wasps.other than that,i don't see another issue
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:04:50 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 02:28:47 am »

I need:
a way to upgrade the stingers of my soldiers. preferably a furnace that has a reaction: coat sting with metal
AND
a workshop that produces "claw" weapons. This way, the wasps sting any exposed area and then rake the enemy with their claws, causing extreme pain.

slave pets, which are required to do certain... things... to them in the "torture chambers"/"slavers podium" which can be ran to provoke sieges or caravans to "buy" the slave. slaves should be: elvish, dwarven, human or gnomish and have male/female castes each

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 03:37:04 am »

I need:
a way to upgrade the stingers of my soldiers. preferably a furnace that has a reaction: coat sting with metal
AND
a workshop that produces "claw" weapons. This way, the wasps sting any exposed area and then rake the enemy with their claws, causing extreme pain.

slave pets, which are required to do certain... things... to them in the "torture chambers"/"slavers podium" which can be ran to provoke sieges or caravans to "buy" the slave. slaves should be: elvish, dwarven, human or gnomish and have male/female castes each

ok,listen how we can do this:the coating part can be done by using similar reactions with the ones used for animal armor.we will need to create special male/female castes for each metal.for example a male caste with an iron sting,a female caste with an iron sting,et cetera.

the weapons part is really easy.it just needs a workshop,a new weapon entry and some reactions.the slave pets will also be easy to mod.

i would like you to clarify a few things,however

-for the claws and the stings,which metals should i use?
-for the torture chambers:the typical reaction is:one slave dead,one siege arrives.right?
-for the slave podium:how much gold will you get from a slave?

and a general observation about the slave castes:you will be able to buy the from embark,or from wasp caravans,right?they will be sentient,and therefore require food and water(from a river of lake,not from booze or wells,just like the tigermen).since they will have PET,they will be able to reproduce freely,and therefore you'll be able to sell the kids immediately and gain ludicrous amounts of cash with very little effort.or,they will be sterile,so it's not worth buying them...how will you balance that?or did i get the podium thing wrong?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 06:33:03 am »

Ywe still going for giant pet catapillers?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 06:57:32 am »

ok,listen how we can do this:the coating part can be done by using similar reactions with the ones used for animal armor.we will need to create special male/female castes for each metal.for example a male caste with an iron sting,a female caste with an iron sting,et cetera.

the weapons part is really easy.it just needs a workshop,a new weapon entry and some reactions.the slave pets will also be easy to mod.

i would like you to clarify a few things,however

-for the torture chambers:the typical reaction is:one slave dead,one siege arrives.right?

and a general observation about the slave castes:you will be able to buy the from embark,or from wasp caravans,right?they will be sentient,and therefore require food and water(from a river of lake,not from booze or wells,just like the tigermen).since they will have PET,they will be able to reproduce freely,and therefore you'll be able to sell the kids immediately and gain ludicrous amounts of cash with very little effort.or,they will be sterile,so it's not worth buying them...how will you balance that?or did i get the podium thing wrong?
all masterwork weapons grade metals
torture chamber (5*5 btw) is used to provoke sieges/ambushes "rescue missions"
Podium it used to sell slaves and promote caravans
Ywe still going for giant pet catapillers?
yea, they should be about half the size of an elf and milkable. breedable

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 07:13:47 am »

all masterwork weapons grade metals
torture chamber (5*5 btw) is used to provoke sieges/ambushes "rescue missions"
Podium it used to sell slaves and promote caravans

got it.one for every metal worth a damn(and copper,but not silver.i'm not sure,but i think silver will actually weaken them instead of making them stronger.it's just that bad for edged attacks)

you have to be more a bit more specific about the torture chamber and the podium,however.is it just used to provoke caravans/ambushes?if you get gold,how much do you get?does the slave die every time?

i'd also like to note that making them special castes of the main creature is a bad idea.slaves can become friends(or get married) with the wasps,and all the castes will start bleeding "unkown creature substance" or something like that.

also,there is no way to make a reaction only be possible by a special caste,or to require an animal as a reagent.the closest thing i can think of,would be to make the creature perform an interaction that activates the scripts,but it's clumsy and might not work.i'll give it a shot,but i promise nothing about the quality of the reactions.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 07:16:21 am »

would having the slave pastured on the podium work, and then run a reaction that kills the slaves pastured on it and gives you the goods times killed slaves
roughly 2 gold bars per slave
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77