Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92671 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2014, 02:43:01 pm »

Why do we need to make it good plant? Couldn't we make it a regular plant?

because we only want the wasps to have access to it

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2014, 02:59:53 pm »

couldn't we instead make it a type of cheese that can only be made in a waspen workshop?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2014, 03:11:07 pm »

sure we can.but then i'm not sure we could take it at embark.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2014, 03:38:48 pm »

well the only way to find out is to test it
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2014, 03:54:50 pm »

ok,we'll start with the cheese

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2014, 04:26:30 pm »

also i just finished drawing the peasant sprite so now I have a question, what are the wasps using for digging? This is for insanegame

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2014, 05:59:31 pm »

also i just finished drawing the peasant sprite so now I have a question, what are the wasps using for digging? This is for insanegame
That's the USETOOL_DIG (or something like that) tag. I was thinking just keep it at regular picks.

Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2014, 04:21:53 am »

well,the cheese we were talking about is ready.for now it's free,and you'll find the reaction in the kitchen.as always,the new raws are in the usual link.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:42:43 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2014, 06:32:24 am »

Is there a cheese to turn a worker into a drone?
Also, how often does the queen breed with the current raws? how many offspring at once? how long till they grow?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:34:26 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2014, 06:45:06 am »

no,there isn't though perhaps we should make one too.the queen was supposed to breed very quickly.she and the drones have the PET_EXOTIC tag,which means they don't need to be married to breed.however,i just realized nobody gave the wasps a child tag...

EDIT:now they do.expect large litters which mature when they're 6 years old
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:48:11 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:57 am »

so i just played a small adventure with a queen in adventure mode. went to the south pole and discovered that a necromancer santa moved to the south pole. I quickly evaded all his elf corpses and stole his secrets of life and death presents.

Then i went and got myself bitten by a MDF werewolf.

Whenever i got seriously injured, i transformed and gave friend and foe alike a nasty surprise as I quickly regrew all my limbs when i re-transformed into a necromancer hivemind wasp queen. I got a nice title which I cant remember atm and over 4000 kills, about 50 of those were frost giants and 1 was a... Frost giant werewolf wrestler, who i bit in a moment of stupidity. I also died from drowning, which seems unfair because necromancers arent meant to need breath
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:54:27 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2014, 06:56:48 am »

the saga of the murderous necromantic werewolf wasp queen.that sounds awesome!!!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2014, 07:01:43 am »

If only my export legends would work. I also sigged that

hows the manual coming along?

Heres the base layout of it on google sites
https://sites.google.com/site/hivemaunual/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:45:40 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »

that's very helpful,giving me the basic form,but i never worked on something like that before so i might need some time getting used to it.i will start working on it tomorrow,anyway.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2014, 06:45:04 pm »

Hey guys

I'm making good progress drawing the sprites. but i have a question, for the labors: woodcrafting,stonecrafting,metalcrafting,bonecarving, are we supposed to draw a special sprite for each or a general sprite called the craftswasp. Because when i was playing regular DF games it seems that all of those labours are lumped into one profession and therefore one sprite.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 77