Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 92159 times)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #795 on: December 03, 2014, 04:02:18 pm »

i added slave pets from other races and removed the gnomes, since they're way too small to be useful in either armies or in an industry. there was also an error in the slugsnake's male entry (the caste was named DRONE rather than MALE as it is on the creature file)

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 06, 2014, 03:15:52 pm »

UPDATE:

i uploaded a new file. more details on the usual link. well... the bug where the wasp dies soon after transformation should be fined (i made them have the NO_AGING token for 15 years) and the reproduction system is complete. now all we need is the graphics and i believe we can call it an alpha

the link:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9734

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #797 on: December 06, 2014, 03:38:53 pm »

Is this download something you can drag and drop into the current MDF?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 06, 2014, 03:40:26 pm »

no. shall i make it one?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #799 on: December 06, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »

It would be easier for people to use, and I want to do a little update soon with Boltguns and Smakes changes for Succubi and Orcs. I could directly link to a drag&drop version of the Hive as well, so that people can give it a test run. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 06, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »

that would be wonderful. it will give us plenty of feedback to tweak, fix and improve the race. i will have it in about 2 minutes.

oh, and i remember you once asked the number of workshops and reactions. do you want me to count them? i couldn't do it back then because features were still added and i didn't knew what would stay and what would go, but now that we have pretty much finalized i can.

EDIT: file is up. just drag and drop in your Dwarf Fortress file, no reason to copy and paste each script and the objects anymore
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:52:09 pm by than402 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #801 on: December 06, 2014, 04:30:26 pm »

No need to count. 15 new workshops, 212 new reactions. Have access to a total of 33 workshops and 765 reactions.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 06, 2014, 04:34:10 pm »

ok. i'm gonna run a few testforts now, see how exactly the wasps play and hopefully i will notice and fix some things too.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 10, 2014, 07:48:47 am »

okay, i just finished my first waspen hive. there are many bugs, far more serious than i thought. here are the most important ones:

- when i tried to appoint a queen the wasp transformed into a queen... and then back into a worker (fixed)
- there's something weird with the profession names. wasps use custom profession names like Scribe and Chandler and i found a trap setter poisoner somewhere...
- when the caravan arrived, the makeown script took the merchants. the result was that the game kept spamming "trader cancels handle large creature:needs empty cage" and "trader cancels bring item to depot: handling dangerous creature", the wagons arrived but since the merchants were now part of my faction they never unloaded and therefore i could not trade, two of them were stuck in the map edge and kept spamming messages and when the wagons left, two (that were mine now) left with them
- soon after i got a loyalty cascade, but i'm still not sure of its cause
- here's what my dfhack wrote:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if someone can help, that would be much appreciated

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 10, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »

I was worried that my makeown script would take the merchants, but that should only happen when a host initially transforms into a wasp, After that it should stop (also it shouldn't be able to work on merchants that are blocked by walls, the script works by converting entities in a creatures line-of-site, thankfully due to dwarf fortress logic, itself is in it's own line-of-site).

Thankfully I have an idea for a fix. I'll tell you how it went later.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 10, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »

nice. this is the more important one, the others are either fixed or aesthetic.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 10, 2014, 10:15:47 pm »

k, I'm done the fixing the makeown on merchants bug.

Here is the new makeown script http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10222

And here are the new interaction files (replace the old versions)

And also a new creature file (to install replace TRANSITION_WASP_WORKER with this one)

BTW while I was testing this fix, I discovered 2 bugs

1. The drone doesn't always die upon fertilizing an egg (I know how to fix this but I will fix this after the first official alpha comes out)

2.The drone larvae sometimes give their hosts the praetorian transformation syndrome in addition to the regular wasp transformation syndrome (should be an easy fix)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 11, 2014, 04:00:42 am »

k, I'm done the fixing the makeown on merchants bug.

Here is the new makeown script http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10222

And here are the new interaction files (replace the old versions)

And also a new creature file (to install replace TRANSITION_WASP_WORKER with this one)

thank you, heydude

BTW while I was testing this fix, I discovered 2 bugs

1. The drone doesn't always die upon fertilizing an egg (I know how to fix this but I will fix this after the first official alpha comes out)

2.The drone larvae sometimes give their hosts the praetorian transformation syndrome in addition to the regular wasp transformation syndrome (should be an easy fix)

thanks, i will fix them too
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:08:31 am by than402 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 15, 2014, 07:33:05 am »

why do profession names like archaeologist, scribe and chandler appear even if i haven't named them that way?

also, i can't find the bug where the drone larvae gives its host the praetorian transformation syndrome

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #809 on: December 15, 2014, 11:05:46 am »

why do profession names like archaeologist, scribe and chandler appear even if i haven't named them that way?

also, i can't find the bug where the drone larvae gives its host the praetorian transformation syndrome
Because I hardcoded them into the .exe

You can change the profession names in the Raws, so your "legendary scribe" will be "legendary whatever", but both Dwarf Therapist and the labor your toggle ingame will read "Writing".
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77