Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How will the turn order go after the last one is done?

Loop turn order
- 2 (50%)
Roll for it
- 1 (25%)
Make suggestion (post)
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: November 17, 2014, 07:13:19 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Carnagecrafts: Story of the Nameless Nomads  (Read 15964 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Carnagecrafts: Story of the Nameless Nomads
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2014, 09:21:57 pm »

Guys.
I think it's time for NCommander to step in, considering Tonnot hasn't been around.
PM'n the guy now.

Message received but I don't think I will have time o play until after the holiday.. Either bump me down a turn, or you'll ave to wait until the 28th at the soonist :-(
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2014, 11:54:41 am »

Well then. Suppose we'll have to hand it to the first volunteer then
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2014, 01:08:06 pm »

Well then. Suppose we'll have to hand it to the first volunteer then
Technically, I think you're next on the list ... if we're doing it in the same order again. I could take a turn if you're busy. Dunno if the fortress would survive me but I could take it. :P
()==[:::::::::::::>

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2014, 04:27:22 pm »

Well, I have Doomforests to look after, and my evil-only world to finish my turn on, so I suppose I'm kinda busy. 'Specially when holiday's coming up and stuff. Go ahead, take the turn.

Fun will be had.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

OK! You asked for it. I'll download tomorrow and report in as disasters happen things develop.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:41:01 am by ptb_ptb »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2014, 09:41:06 am »

... wait, where is the save game link? :P

TheBrisbyMouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »

On the previous page, also here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10005

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2014, 12:03:52 pm »

Real-life day one is coming to a close. I'm getting nasty lag spikes that last for 20 seconds or so. Anybody know what's up with that?

[EDIT] Possibly a coincidence, but disabling most of the powered pumps cut that down to five.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:29:47 pm by ptb_ptb »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2014, 02:19:48 pm »

First (real) day of gameplay over.

Summary: Nothing much happened. Then goblin seige.

122 Early Spring, 1st Granite

A dwarf I don't reconize slaps me cheerfully on my back. Somewhat confused I continue on my way.
Later I notice dwarves are pointing at me and whispering wherever I go. I look on my back and
there's a sheet of parchment stuck there with giant slug glue.

"Congratulations!
You have been selected
to lead 137 dwarves for
one year. Don't worry.
Most of them aren't
were-beasts and vampires."

Five minutes later I'm hiding under my bedsheets and hyperventilating. I consider sticking the
sign on some other sap's back, but it's too late. Too many dwarves have seen me walking around
with it. I can do this, I tell myself.

122 Early Spring, 2nd Granite

I can't do this.

Head Dorf, PsychoAngel, is getting really pissed that nobody has made the two maces he's
mandated.

Mayor, Aban Glovemortals, is similarly annoyed that nobody has made the three crossbows he's
mandated.

46 dwarves are doing nothing.

Our Militia Captain and most valuable soldier is a ravening lizard monster.
There are semi-mysterious workings, buildings and tunnels that I have no clue about all over the
place.

There are fifteen fields in the halls, all of them empty. Do we have enough food and drink? Do
we have too much? I have no idea.

122 Early Spring, 3rd Granite

I have to do this.

OK, food. We have massive amounts in stock. Sold is safely contained. Drinks ... are OK for the
season at least. 'Lizard Subject' Roderas is lying in a pool of his own blood, and will have to
stay there for a while. What have the previous administration been up to? Surprisingly, the
majority of dwarves I talk to are quite happy. There are lots of complaints about old clothing,
though. Wait, did the note say something about vampires? Oh well, everydwarf has their own
bedroom with doors. I just hope we all remember to lock them at night.

We have ... no cloth at all? That can't be right, surely? Ah, there it is. Not a lot though. I
see there is a field for outside plants, highly exposed to the elements, and another similarly
uncovered. I arrange for both to be covered up and set orders for rope reed to be planted. I
create a 'junk clothing' stockpile for people to dump their old clothes and order vast numbers
of shoes and mittens to be made. That makes plenty of work for idle hands.

There are a lot of substandard statues on display. I order them taken down. We shall make more,
and better, furniture to replace them.

122 Early Spring, 4th Granite

Everybody is working! I dunno what half of them are doing, or why, but that's good enough for
me. I designate some mining areas for obsidian. Can't have enough of that stuff, I say.

122 Early Spring, 7th Granite

Elves! We don't need those scum. I guess we can dump some of the statues off on them, though.
Maybe get something to drink that isn't dwarven wine. I like dwarven wine as much as the next
guy, but with so much of it all I hear is dwarven whine. Oh. There's no caravan, just a
diplomat. That sucks.

122 Early Spring, 16th Granite

(( Intermittent lag spikes for about 20 seconds make game slow and jerky. :(
Disabling much of the powered waterworks seems to improve things ))

122 Early Spring, 17th Granite

Oh, hey, the elf's caravan finally turned up.

122 Early Spring, 19th Granite

PsychoAngel meets up with the elven diplomat. They were mumbling something about trees, and it
looks like he just nodded along and said 'hmm' at appropriate times.

122 Early Spring, 21st Granite
Order 14 obsidian statues made as part of the fortress beautification project. We offload as
many statues as the elves can carry in return for some fruit and two giant bushtits. I guess
they must have giant eggs, right? In a rash moment I order all the other flying critters killed.
Because, sod those guys. :P

122 Early Spring, 24th Granite
One of the kids has occupied a crafting workshop and is shouting for metal bars and rock. We
have a cubic ton of metal bars and rock. What is he being so picky about?

122 Mid Spring, 3rd Slate
Clothing production is not keeping up with the rate they are falling apart. I'm not sure if we
need more workers, or more workshops.

122 Mid Spring, 4th Slate
The 'outdoor' fields are now safe from flying and climbing monsters.

122 Mid Spring, 5th Slate
Designate six dwarves to only work on making clothing. Make a small room around the giant
bushtit nestbox. The female has already claimed the nestbox.

122 Mid Spring, 7th Slate
Wow. The kid came through. Zakgolducim, "Spitedwork", an andesite scepter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

122 Mid Spring, 10th Slate
Put about half the dogs on the list to be slaughtered.

122 Mid Spring, 14th Slate
Giant bushtits shut inside room with nest box. Hoping that little giant bushtits will result. Or, failing that, giant omelets.

122 Mid Spring, 18th Slate
The elves are gone! There is so much crap in the trade depot, I decide it is best to remove it
and build a new one. Oh. Nish just named his bronze buckler. Oh well, one buckler is much the
same as another, I guess.

122 Late Spring, 7th Felsite
Building up bone bolt stocks. Still lots of damaged and old clothing being worn.

122 Late Spring, 16th Felsite
Begin replacing substandard cabinets with better crafted obsidian ones.

122 Late Spring, 28th Felsite
Begin construction of three more leather workshops. Must keep dwarves in shoes.

Summer arrives.
122 Early Summer, 2nd Hematite
A vile force of darkness arrives

Seems like a good time to stop playing. :)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2014, 02:26:16 pm »

Summer arrives.
122 Early Summer, 2nd Hematite
A vile force of darkness arrives

I hope it's ''that time of the month'' for Sold, huh?

TheBrisbyMouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2014, 02:32:25 pm »

Give them some magma, that'll take care of them.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »

The blood of Armok is too good for those goblin scum. Instead use Sold, if possible, or alternatively you could've kept the dogs and had an auxiliary canine army. Or just capture the gobbos and use them as training dummies. :P

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

The blood of Armok is too good for those goblin scum. Instead use Sold, if possible, or alternatively you could've kept the dogs and had an auxiliary canine army. Or just capture the gobbos and use them as training dummies. :P

I kept half the dogs. None of them are trained wardogs, though. This may be tricky because I think there are more entrances than one to the tunnels. Anyway, that's all for tomorrow.

P.S. You got the message in Shadow Empires, right?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2014, 06:20:07 am »

2nd Hematite.

Faced with a force of invading goblins and human collaborators, I review the state of the
fortress' defences. Summary: They suck.  Whoever was working on the powered waterworks left a
huge vulnerability to anything that can climb up one floor of rough stone. Hopefully none of the
invaders will think to do so. I hurriedly look through notes from previous administrators,
apparently Sold will not undergo his next unnatural transformation for another 17 days. And, oh,
there must be a lever somewhere for that bridge ...

Right, there are four levers in this room - must be the central control. I'll just check the
'N'otes to see which one does what.
Where are those notes?

Oh. THAT'S what all those pumps were supposed to be for. An unfinished drowning chamber with a
completely inadequate water supply. It also looks like the outermost drawbridge was taken down
to allow the invaders inside. Lovely.

Two levers near the volcano have notes next to them. Yay for the person who labelled them. Neither
of them are any use now. And another, for the jail. Frankly I've just been letting everybody off everything.

Drownchamber levers. Thank goodness. Properly labelled too.

I station the Lanterns of Shielding in the entrance foyer and the GRAPE APE OF RAPE in reserve a
bit further back. Everybody, except for Sold, is ordered inside.

ACTION STATIONS! GO!

The invading force is coming from the SE, over the volcano. An interesting choice. More have
arrived!

3rd Hematite.
Forces working their way slowly towards the entrance. Even more invaders arrive. Somebody's pet
alpaca stands right in the way of the wall I ordered build where the outer drawbridge used to
be!

4th Hematite.
The (incomplete) drowning chamber is locked up. Nobody will be entering that way. I guessed
right on which lever opened the way for Sold to leave. 15 days till transformation. Zaneg! Why
are you going outside? I disabled all hauling and you should be in the 'INSIDE' burrow! Whew, he
turned back.

5th Hematite.
Wall off the main entrance. Sold is outside, I think everyone else should be inside by now ..
too slow! The dogs attack, but none are trained and they barely slow the first goblin down.

Driven by rage the Lanterns of Shielding ignore their orders and charge outside against the
overwhelming goblin force. Two goblins are caught in cage traps. A human collaborator is soon
struck down.

5th Hematite.
One after another of the goblins fall to the impetuous dwarven forces. Could I have been overly
pesimistic?

7th Hematite.
It seems so! Only two invaders remain free. The squads are send after them.

9th Hematite.
The siege is over. One of the invaders escaped. Where is the hospital? I can't seem to find it
so I hurriedly set up a new one.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2014, 07:04:31 am »

Question: How do you leave ''notes'' in this game anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12