Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How will the turn order go after the last one is done?

Loop turn order
- 2 (50%)
Roll for it
- 1 (25%)
Make suggestion (post)
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: November 17, 2014, 07:13:19 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Carnagecrafts: Story of the Nameless Nomads  (Read 15943 times)

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Carnagecrafts: Story of the Nameless Nomads
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »

2nd Hematite 119

The weregecko has stopped making any sound and presumably left. Maybe it didn't catch our scent and left the
area. I lowered the bridge and sent out a scouting party. They reported they found six bodies, mangled and torn up
outside. I built some coffins and buried them in the catacombs. They return to the earth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

5th Hematite 119

Mother of Armok the forges are so cluttered with random bullshit. I asked the forgemen why they throw each
bar on a seperate spot, but they replied they don't know why either. I ordered 30 more wooden bins to be made
just for metal bars. Also for some reason we have 600 gold bars. Some of the people in this place...

Talking about this place... There is so much stuff lying randomly on the ground. Near our mechanics, there is a random
pile of obsidian. Why! I think I know why the previous manager went crazy. Damn.

10th Hematite 119

We received word of a human caravan coming up from an outriding diplomat from Mong Pak. He had a meeting with Psychoangel and told him of
the latest news in the world. It's.... not very good.

He said many settlements were conquered and destroyed
by a group calling themselves 'The Mahogany Midnight'. I'm not afraid of a bunch of outlaws who are
associated with elven names. The Mahogany M... Oh please what a retarded and absurd name. I'll show them their
midnight should they ever come here.

12th Hematite 119

The human caravan arrived a bit later than anticipated but no worries, they bring a lot of good stuff I'm told
by my broker. Metal bars, wood, weaponry and armour. I ordered the bookkeeper to make a report on our trade
goods.

13th Hematite 119

I think I'm actually going crazy. The report the bookkeeper made, yeah, was practically empty. At first
I thought he was taking the piss but no! I checked the stocks and really: WE HAVE NOTHING TO TRADE! No
figurines, mugs, amulets! NOTHING! My goodness what have the previous managers done?! I told the bookkeeper
to fuck off and relay an order to make stone crafts to the masons. Luckily the caravan will stay here for another
week or so... Hopefully that's enough time for the stonecrafters to piece together a fucking drinking cup.

15th Hematite 119

Elections were yesterday..

I didn't even notice until I saw some celebrations in the main hall. Apparently
Aban Regtunom has been elected mayor. Interesting I guess. Normally as a woodcrafter I would have voted as well
but now that I'm manager... guess I'm Aban's boss now HAH!

17th Hematite 119 //the writing seems to be hastily written down//

DEFCON 1 HAS BEEN CALLED! THE FORT IS ON LOCKDOWN! The weregecko didn't return.... this time it's something
much worse. A MINOTAUR!

I thought they were myths and legends. There is an actual one charging towards our fort
at incredible speeds. I didn't even bother to alert anyone outside. I rushed to the levers myself and closed
the bridges. I need to get my militia commander equipped and ready for certain dea- I mean combat.

FUCK! FUCK! I just remembered we don't have SHIT to trade! The human caravan has bronze weapons and armour and
we, of course, have fuck all! I found the blacksmith drinking in the hall and I hit that fucker so hard in the
face he spilled his drink and food, to make sure he understood what I was about to say: "MAKE SOME FUCKING WEAPONS
AND ARMOUR YOU PRICK!" He got the message and was off to the forges.
I didn't specify what material the weapons and armour should be made of. This man's head will be fed to
the minotaur if he fucks it up.

21th Hematite 119

Avuz Shameblor is still at the forges creating weapons slow as all fuck. He will die after this is over I
will make sure. I ordered worn clothes, buckets and rock swords up to the depot to trade. Hopefully those
stupid humans will see some value in this shit and give me their bronze weaponry.

Armok be praised! The broker could just haggle the prices so that we can buy all the armour and weaponry they had and some bars.

It's just too bad almost everything they had was oversized and meant for humans to wear! We only got
a breastplate, an axe and a helm. It will have to do. I hear our livestock screaming as they get ripped
open by the minotaur.

25th Hematite 119

I told Nil of his mission and he requested that another dwarf join him. I ordered Nish Semorastesh to take
up arms and fight beside Nil. Nish has no useful skills and the education of a peanut, so he will be
the bait and Nil will chop the bull's head off while it's busy tearing apart Nish.
The blacksmith finally finished crafting additional armor and weaponry and they were given to
the two warriors.

The drawbridge was lowered and the Lanterns of Shielding hunt for
their first kill... or their glorious painful death. We can only wait for their return. The future of this
fortress will depend on the manner of their return.

4th Malachite 119

This might be the most beautiful day in my life! We had completely given up hope of surviving any longer.
We thought the minotaur had slaughtered them both. But no! In the early hours of the morning, Nil AND Nish
shouted at the front drawbridge, each holding one big bloody horn. I sent out a scouting party to look for any bodies.
The headcount after the lockdown was not complete. We shall wait and see who will return to the earth
and meet Armok.

5th Malachite 119

The tale of the 'Lantern and the Minotaur' has spread like wildfire in the mead halls. What happened was that
the two warriors spotted the minotaur chasing after llamas and after a cheese maker. Apparently the cheese-
maker was caught outside during the attack and was chased down the entire jungle before passing out.
The weird part is that the minotaur itself passed out after a few minutes of punching the cheeser's head.
But the weirdest part is that Nish Semorastesh himself took the killing blow. Not even the killing blow,
but the entire kill. Apparently Nil was sleeping. Nish! Mr. Peanut-dwarf himself. The guy would fail if
you told him to bring a piece of rock to the stockpile!

This is very weird and most likely made up to make
the story seem more interesting. Anyway: the minotaur is dead and Carnagecrafts has secured its survival
for another day. Huray!

6th Malachite 119

UltraMagnus was inspired by this event and has a great idea to build something. I wonder what he will make!

In more saddening news: one more body was found in the jungle. But nobody recognizes that body. Could it be
a lone migrant that arrived at a bad time? It wouldn't be the first time that happened...
A fish cleaner is still missing. It was inevitable.

8th Malachite 119

UltraMagnus has finished chipping away at the stone and built a magnificent dacite weapon rack! A proud
trophy to add to the nearly finished barracks! Truly an inspiration for many generations of warriors
to come.

It... looks great though.

9th Malachite 119

Seems like the new mayor isn't satisfied with his room. I put the weapon rack in his room and he seems okay now. Bastard.

20th Malachite 119

Nothing much happened the last couple of weeks. The new baron forbid us from exporting figurines and the mayor for crossbows for the time
being. As if I'll listen to that when our caravan from the Mountainhome comes.
I decide to take a look at two statues that have been built. Not particularly high quality, but inspiring
nonetheless.

1st Limestone 119

It's now autumn. We survived attacks from werebeasts and minotaur bulls and weapon and armour production is
finally kicking off. However we still have the issue of clothing. My wardrobe is filled with clothes, and that's
nice, but they are all worn and some even have holes in them. I notice it on other dwarves too.
Our clothes are falling off. And winter is coming.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:02:49 am by wickys »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »

I love how all of these statues depict me being surrounded by figurines. Either it's symbolism, or they really like being ordered to make shittons of crafts. Or they think I'm a hoarder, whichever works. Also, may we have the description of that artifact weapon rack?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:09:36 pm by PsychoAngel »
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2014, 01:03:05 am »

Oh damn forgot to add it. I did it now.  :D

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »

wick, I must know, did I really die, or was I saved from that other guy re-doing the save??
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2014, 08:12:52 pm »

I'm serious, so far when anyone has mentioned crafts or statues they all depict me being surrounded by figurines. :P Any ideas as to why that is? It's hilarious and it deserves answers.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2014, 09:49:53 pm »

I've got bad news for the mayor: come time for my turn at overseer I'm putting my brilliant weapon rack to use besides a pretty decoration.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2014, 09:23:45 am »

Speaking of which, what's the current status on the fortress? Are we getting an update?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2014, 09:52:11 am »

Speaking of which, what's the current status on the fortress? Are we getting an update?

If it's a week / one game year per person then wickys has until Sunday or so, I think.
()==[:::::::::::::>

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2014, 04:54:35 pm »

Ofcourse but I am kind of busy with collegework to play DF. I will guarantee you an update saturday though :)

Also, maybe I could get a half a week extra since the previous person stopped halfway through his year?

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2014, 11:39:58 am »

To start off: Tonnot, yes you are still alive :)

2nd Limestone

The leaves are left the trees. Winter is coming. My clothes are not suited for a cold environment. None
of our clothes are.

We need new ones. And fast.

But before we can do that, we need to make some renovations around here. I'm not satisfied with the way the
dining room looks. The rocks are still rough. One misstep and a sharp stone can pierce your head. I order
the entire hall to be smoothed.

That's gonna take a while.

15th Limestone

We get word of a caravan on route to us from the homeland. This is our chance to show the lords and ladies of
Dastot Kurik what we have achieved in Carnagecrafts! I order all the barrels with crafts in them up to the depot.

20th Limestone

I received my weekly stock report from the bookkeeper just now and I noticed we are running dangerously low
on drinks.

None of the brewers and threshers got any orders to continue making grog. I'll need to fix that as
well.

22th Limestone

During my walkabout I noticed someone was in our hospital. Well.. 'hospital' is a big word for a broomcloset
stuffed with medical equipment.

It seems Kivish Lemisdodok is in need of medical assistance. He said he'd been laying here for atleast a month and
nobody has come to help. I'll need to check on the chief of medicine.

23th Limestone

Seems the chief of medicine thinks making rock figurines is more important than the live of a cheesemaker.
I kind of agree. But still...

1th Sandstone

The caravan arrived and they have lots of things that I need including steel and iron. Very good.
Nothing much changed according to the liason.

8th Sandstone

After an intense meeting session involving the connection between plump helmets and the god of war, the import
and export documents were signed. Seems like we'll be making lots of gems this year.

The dining hall has been smoothed out finally! I order new furniture to be placed. The previous managers
left the dining room in an appaling state. Luckily we have abnormal amounts of chairs and tables stored away.

14th Sandstone

I was told Dishmab Koshuzol has been acting a bit strange lately and has withdrawn from society.

He has just claimed a Craftdwarf's workshop. I'm interested as to what he'll make.

16th Sandstone

Oh.. wow..

20th Sandstone

I've also begun improving the workshops near the farms. There were too little and the logistics of the seeds
and plants wasn't optimal at all.

Now it should be better.

28th Sandstone

Ultramagnus decides to throw a party in the newly finished dining hall. What an oaf... I know it's a great
looking hall but the work that needs to be done is more important!

1st Timber

Oh we have dimple cups in our stockpile. That will be great to get some color in our clothes. Grind em up!

2nd Timber

We need to get rid of some cut stones we have lying around. I told the crafters to decorate some goods and
furniture. That should help our economy a bit.

1st Moonstone

It's now officialy winter. And no fresh clothes have yet been made. Time is starting to run out.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:44:52 am by wickys »

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »

Ultramagnus decides to throw a party in the newly finished dining hall. What an oaf... I know it's a great
looking hall but the work that needs to be done is more important!

Consider it a treat, the dwarves have been working hard, and they need a break before their next constant-year-long industry sweatshop shifts.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2014, 10:01:17 am »

So who wants to start putting crazy FUN things into the fort?  ;)
First request: An insane asylum made entirely of soap. That way we won't have to bother cleaning 'em up. Of course, we'll also need a flooding mechanism for baths. :D

We also need a statue garden/party room at some point, but let's not rush that.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2014, 10:02:37 am »

Also, maybe I could get a half a week extra since the previous person stopped halfway through his year?

I wouldn't mind giving you a bit more time, as you're close to the end of your year.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »

Did anyone hear anything from Brisby recently?

TheBrisbyMouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 04:18:32 pm »

Don't worry, I'm here. Just lurkin' 'till my turn.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12