Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: It's Time To Roll [Chapter One]  (Read 2270 times)

bay12_account3739

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's Time To Roll [Chapter One]
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:14:16 pm »

Hello everyone! This is an in-depth not super serious rtd that I've been wanting to make. Here are the rules:

Quote from: RTD Standard 1.0 ruleset
    The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat.

Quote from: RTD Advanced Rulings
    For each action, any number of rolls may be made, as determined by the GM.
    Primary causes for multiple rolls include, but are not limited to:

* Actions explicitly composed of multiple actions
        * Actions that imply other actions that are not declared free

For every dodge roll, any number of additional rolls may be made, as determined by the circumstances, and any skills or special effects applied to the player.

If you would like to play, please say so the next time there is an opening.
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

I'm looking for 5 players at the moment.

Thursday, June 22, 2018. The location is New York. You five are just stepping out of the limousine payed for you by The Mayor himself. What a nice guy, right? You all exit the vehicle and walk onto the field The Mayor is giving his speech at. Being the celebrities you are, you attract a lot of stares from other high-level government officials as well as pedestrians. The field itself is shaped like a big square, with roads on all four sides. There are foldable chairs scattered around the field, and in smack in the middle there is a big stand with microphones and fancy streamers and what not. A bunch of patriotic stuff. At the back there is a small table for food and drinks, it has a big pitcher of red punch and there are some bananas and crackers. Behind the stand, you can see a trailer, it is walled in by makeshift fences. There are a lot of people at this event. Security is patrolling everywhere, and there are two notably bigger guards keeping anyone from walking to the back behind the speech stand to the trailer. They have heavy armor and are holding compact pistols. The mayor is up on stage along with some guards making small talk. There are also waiters serving small chocolates and fine red wine.

I'll start once we have 5 people post their actions. Have fun, and remember that this isn't extremely serious, anything could happen. :)

Edit: Here's a picture to help get an idea, mind my drawing skills haha. imagine more people and a trailer behind the stand.
http://i.gyazo.com/f6836ceba82e0ef05a35c0419bfdadac.png
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:37:47 pm by bay12_account3739 »

DarthKeagon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time To Roll [Chapter One]
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:20:49 pm »

I walk over to the waiter to grab a glass of wine and some chocolate, keeping my eye on the guards guarding the back of the stage.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:22:43 pm by DarthKeagon »

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

I tap my foot impatiently and wait for the whatever it is to start.
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:23:49 pm »

Heckle the mayor about his latest setting scandal
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

bay12_account3739

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:56:34 pm »

The rolls are looking real good, the first 1 was rolled on the first turn :)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:04:00 pm »

I raid the foodstuffs. Your Salsacookies are belong to us!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

bay12_account3739

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:59 pm »

Going to be taking a popular layout because it looks quite nice :)

Turn 1
-------

DarthKeagon: I walk over to the waiter to grab a glass of wine and some chocolate, keeping my eye on the guards guarding the back of the stage.
=[1] - You must have already been drinking, because on your way to the waiter you slip on a moist patch of grass, and almost completely fall over while you knock into a gentleman holding a glass of yellow liquid. His drink spills all over your shirt, and although the incident was mostly your fault, he apologises profusely whilst cursing under his breath and immediately starts dabbing your shirt with his jacket. In no time, he has taken the liquid off of your clothing and now has a stain on his. You are confused.

drone1230: I tap my foot impatiently and wait for the whatever it is to start.
=[2] - Annoyed by the fact that The Mayor has summoned you to his speech and is just chatting and not actually speaking, you start tapping your foot. You kill around 30,000 microscopic lifeforms under your boot of wrath.

Sinvara: Swipe a glass of wine and quickly down it before anyone starts talking to me.
=[4] - You make a beeline towards the nearest waiter, a very slim man with a large curly mustache. It looks like a fake one from the dollar store. He opens his mouth to speak, but you’re already done and handing him an empty wine glass. “Thirsty I presume. My name is Jaque. I will be your personal server tonight. If you have any questions, please feel free to find me.” He smiles and walks away. That was some really strong wine.

TamerVirus: Heckle the mayor about his latest setting scandal
=[4] - You start making your way down the town. Faces pass while you’re walking fast. Trying to push your way through the crowd to The Mayor has no luck thanks to a guard who stops you before you can walk up the stage, but you can still hear what he is saying. “Yesyesyesyes, it’s not offficial until the firrrst of July. *hiccup* I am hosting a celebarartory party at my manshun however. *hiccup* Feel free to drrop by anytime! It’s on Saturday at my place” He smiles, hiccups, then burps and hiccups again. This guy is really drunk. You catch the smell of fish off of The Mayor when the wind shifts to your direction. You hear a low humming sound coming from under the stand.

Salsacookies: I raid the foodstuffs. Your Salsacookies are belong to us!
=[4] - You head over to the table with the snacks. After scavenging around you manage to find some food. Unfortunately, no salsa cookies.

Commotion brings everyone’s attention to the stage. A man is being violently detained by a couple of security guards. They quickly put him in handcuffs, put a bag over his head, and drag him into the back behind the stage.

Player Status
-------------------
DarthKeagon - Wearing a tux.
drone1230 - Wearing a tux. Annoyed.
Sinvara - Wearing a tux. Slightly intoxicated.
TamerVirus - Wearing a tux.
Salsacookies - Wearing a tux. Holding a banana.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:30:34 pm by bay12_account3739 »

DarthKeagon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:18 pm »

I stand up and gaze at the stage, taking out my camera to take a few quick pictures of the handcuffed man.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:22:28 pm by DarthKeagon »

bay12_account3739

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 03:09:51 am »

Finally heading to bed (3am here, was working on some of the later game plot).

I should be on to roll at noon my time, which will be 9 hours from this post. If not then then later on in that day :)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 05:56:47 am »

Put my bandana on western style. Pull out my fing pistol, and start shooting people. Pew pew.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:31:21 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 07:41:41 am »

Kill more microscopic creatures.
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

bay12_account3739

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 12:32:33 pm »

Sweet, now it's just TamerVirus!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 01:07:44 pm »

Point at random man and scream 'He has a BOMB!!!'
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

bay12_account3739

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 01:42:59 pm »

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

Turn 2
-------

DarthKeagon: I stand up and gaze at the stage, taking out my camera to take a few quick pictures of the handcuffed man.
=[6] - With the speed of a professional photographer, you whip out your disposable pocket camera and snap a dozen or so shots of the man and his surroundings. Turns out you had your sepia and Alien head filters on so all of the pictures are a little distorted. You put them in your pocket.

Sinvara: Have another glass and chat up the ladies.
=[2+1[3]] - You stop another waiter -who looks surprisingly like Jaque- and down another wine. Woooooooooooooooooooooo, this stuff is good. With a surprising surge of confidence, you head over to the nearest bod with a long blonde mane, and put your hand on her shoulder. “Hey there bub,” says a grizzly voice. The woman is actually a man, and turns around to greet you with a large smile. He’s a big man with a lot of blonde hair. He’s weaing blue jeans and a leather jacket. You try to get away, but he puts his hand on your shoulder with great might. “I’m Chad. Did you see what happened up there? Apparently he had a them there pistol on him when he went up to The Mayor right then there.” He looks around quickly, then looks back at you. “Don’t tell nobody.” He pulls back his leather jacket to reveal his Colt pistol in his holster. He winks at you and walks away.

Salsacookies: Put my bandana on western style. Pull out my fing pistol, and start shooting people
=[3] - Unfortunately, you forgot to bring your cowboy gear. You do aim your fingers towards The Mayor though, and get a lot of ugly glances from the guards. One starts walking towards you.

drone1230: Kill more microscopic creatures.
=[5] - You summon all the might you can muster and focus it all on the power of your leg muscles. Slamming down, you kill around a million creatures. The you are the meaning of genocide. Your footprint in the ground reveals a shiny gold chain that has a cross with a teal bauble in the center of it. Upon closer inspection, it is engraved “Chad”.

TamerVirus: Point at random man and scream 'He has a BOMB!!!'
=[3] - Picking a random man in the crowd, you run over to them and start screaming about the makeshift bomb in their pocket. The man looks confused, and before you can get a good laugh off of it you are tackled by a handful of security guards. The force of the guards knocking you against the ground hurts. Bad. After handcuffing you they put a burlap bag over your head and drag you to the back behind the trailer. (You are seperated from the group, but I will send you the rest of your roll in PM, where you can respond :) )

Everyone looks frazzled from the bomb scare, but The Mayor takes the stage and assures everyone that it was only a scare, nothing more. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Player Status
-------------------
DarthKeagon - Wearing a tux. Distorted pictures of handcuffed man in pocket.
drone1230 - Wearing a tux. Annoyed.
Sinvara - Wearing a tux. Extremely intoxicated [-1 to thinking or precision rolls; +1 to talking].
TamerVirus - Wearing a dirty tux. Concussion [-1 to movement or thinking rolls]. Has a bag over head [-1 to perception rolls]. This is how he was seen before he was seperated from the group.
Salsacookies - Wearing a tux. Holding a banana.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:06:00 pm by bay12_account3739 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 01:47:04 pm »

Throw my banana boomerang style at the guard's face. I AM BATMAN!!!
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: [1] 2 3