Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [solved] DF Hack Cheat command for armor / item scatter  (Read 2796 times)

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[solved] DF Hack Cheat command for armor / item scatter
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »

I had made a personal stock pile for my adventurer to raid and gear up on adamantine but everything was gone by the time I got there. So I wanted to see if anyone knows the DF command for helmet/breastplate/greaves/boots
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:14:40 am by srifenbyxp »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Hack Cheat command for armor?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:32:11 pm »

I'd say to look into the dfhack help, for createitem command.

But when you make a fort for later adventuring, you have to "retire" your fort by making it an actual settlement through DFHack (I don't remember the exact process, but I do remember it uses the command "lair", so searching with that keyword should net results), so that all items stay at the place you put them at.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:40 pm »

So typing lair in the command prompt retires? Because when I go to retire normally it only abandon fortress. I've looked through DF Hack help commands and it only list the commands but not actual function like: (this failed by the way) createitem ARMOR:ITEM_CHEST_BREASTPLATE

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:55 pm »

The lair command is not the only step to safely "retire" a fort, but I don't know the rest, sorry, I only read it in some post in succession forts.

As for createitem, I don't know the exact way, but it seems like it needs a '/' instead of the ':'.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 11:12:46 pm »

Well, it probably was scattered then. You could just search everything there, it is still somewhere in the fortress area.

And don't the create item codes need a material and a value and things? Right?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:20:28 pm »

It indeed requires an argument for the material, but not entirely certain on how to write it as it uses:
local mat_type = dfhack.matinfo.find(mat).type
local mat_index = dfhack.matinfo.find(mat).index

where "mat" is the argument.

I guess you could find out how to put it together by looking up this dfhack.matinfo.find function.

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 04:13:14 am »

Yup, typing in lair prevents the items from scattering. When I had to go back into fortress mode and did a quick scan of the area I found nearly all of my items in/around my bunker I have on the lowest Z-level that I got to in a legit way at that! [bottle necked party guests with twist/turns into a sharp hallway leading them into 30 highly trained humans one at a time, lost 8 people but it was worth it!]

Anyways thank you for the df command for preventing item scattering, also how would one reload their hand cannon? I got bullets in hand/inside backpack and when I press f to fire it's saying I have nothing left to fire with. Do I need to equip a quiver in order to fire bullets? If so thats rather silly.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:16:10 am by srifenbyxp »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 04:15:12 am »

It indeed requires an argument for the material, but not entirely certain on how to write it as it uses:
local mat_type = dfhack.matinfo.find(mat).type
local mat_index = dfhack.matinfo.find(mat).index

where "mat" is the argument.

I guess you could find out how to put it together by looking up this dfhack.matinfo.find function.

It works like the raws do, INORGANIC:GOLD and such.

Anyways thank you for the df command for preventing item scattering, also how would one reload their hand cannon? I got bullets in hand/inside backpack and when I press f to fire it's saying I have nothing left to fire with. Do I need to equip a quiver in order to fire bullets? If so thats rather silly.

All ranged weapons are pretty much functionally identical and their behavior cannot be changed except for shoot velocity, shoot force, skills used, ammo used and melee attacks. You also can't mod quivers at all. So yeah, quiver.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:16:47 am by Putnam »