Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13 Released  (Read 44904 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13 Released
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:59:48 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

This release fixes some more bugs, old and new.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed item storage crash related to minecart being destroyed
   (*) Stopped dwarves from trying to clean their own missing or internal body parts
   (*) Cleared old activities properly so they aren't considered by dwarves for too long

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Decreased frequency of conversation-skill-building dwarf chats
   (*) Reworked grazing formula, used fractional exponent to scale properly according to size
   (*) Made grazing tile selection less top-left biased and made it prefer non-creature'd tiles with denser grass
   (*) Made butcher jobs for corpses not in piles respect z coordinate of building (Quietust)
   (*) Handled some issues with subterranean areas being removed through trees
   (*) Made workshop profile skill checks ignore skill rust
   (*) Fixed problem with siege operator skill check (Quietust)
   (*) Stopped a lever linking job from being added if it is already in progress
   (*) Stopped fort dwarves from throwing their clothes off into a pile during unretire after being visited by adventurer
   (*) Stopped fort animals from getting clothing during unretire after being visited by adventurer
   (*) Stopped animals with kills from getting trinkets from corpses
   (*) Stopped animals from growing attached to and bestowing names on items in their possession
   (*) Stopped embark screen from setting neighbors with regular sites that happen to have zombies (due to another bug)
   (*) Made "place item in tomb" job governed by burial instead of item hauling labor
   (*) Made outside refuse order respect inside/outside instead of above ground/subterranean
   (*) Stopped inside above ground corpses/corpse pieces from being destroyed periodically
   (*) Stopped evaporation of inside above ground water from depending on the weather
   (*) Stopped water items on the ground from being cleanable -- they evaporate instead
   (*) Made water spatter evaporate properly over time
   (*) Sped up extrasensory detection
   (*) Sped up tracking of food consumption
   (*) Re-enabled effects of cave adaptation
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13 Released
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:14:43 pm »

Hmmm, now we'll have to figure out how much space each grazer requires all over again.

Ahh, and I see the return of projectile vomiting cave adapted dwarves. Good times!

Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:17:56 pm »

Does [GRAZE_COEFFICIENT:100] set in d_init.txt mean you can't set [GRAZER:60]+ in the creature_.txts? or would you just replace [STANDARD_GRAZER] with [GRAZER:#] in the creature_.txts if you wanted to revert to the old way for some animals but still allow those with [STANDARD_GRAZER] to use the set value from the d_init.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »

Thanks, Toady. Your continued work is much appreciated.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 02:24:30 pm »

Does [GRAZE_COEFFICIENT:100] set in d_init.txt mean you can't set [GRAZER:60]+ in the creature_.txts? or would you just replace [STANDARD_GRAZER] with [GRAZER:#] in the creature_.txts if you wanted to revert to the old way for some animals but still allow those with [STANDARD_GRAZER] to use the set value from the d_init.

Yeah, just use [GRAZER:#] in an animal to revert it to what it was before.  GRAZE_COEFFICIENT only affects the STANDARD_GRAZER formula.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

Yeah Toady! Thanks for the update. Finally, my dwarves can charge off into battle, supported by a wall of elephants and rhinos again! (Small suggestion: the ability to forge armour for war animals the size of grizzlies and up)
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 02:40:57 pm »

lol, right when i generated a new world in .12 :D thanks, toady <3

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 03:30:48 pm »

Code: [Select]
   (*) Stopped animals with kills from getting trinkets from corpses
   (*) Stopped animals from growing attached to and bestowing names on items in their possession

Uhh could we get this as an init option like adventurer traps for this being on? then again wonder if it's possible to get adventurer pets like train an animal to be either war/hunting, we already have the ability to vainly talk to the animals just we need is some way to get them to answer back.

Also will this have an effect on modded creatures like playable cats or dogs now unable to get trinkets like other races dwarves unless the modder figures out what triggers the no trophies option?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 03:58:00 pm »

Thank You ToadyOne for focusing on bug fixes. I am far more excited and happy about these bugs fixes vs new content being added to a buggy game. Thank you so much. You have my praise.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 04:31:42 pm »

I find the fact that dwarves could clean body parts they no longer have or internal organs hilarious.

jthill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »

(*) Stopped dwarves from trying to clean their own missing or internal body parts
I have a persistent memory of one of the Sims 2 loading-activity taglines being "destabilizing orbital payloads" long ago.

Who'd ever have thought a bugfix could eclipse that?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 05:24:33 pm »

Thank for that new wave of bugfixes, very appreciated.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 06:27:09 pm »

Thank you, oh great one! My megaproject causeway fort went from 10 FPS to 18 FPS!
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:08 pm »

Sweet, Fortress season is now open for me, the massive list of bugs fixed with each release is amazing.  Really excited to finally be embarking for a long fort in the new version.   :D  Thanks, Toady!  Will donate when I'm not so poor again.   :(

Took me ages to find a medium island with all large landmasses connected (always feels like a waste if they aren't).  Anyone know if diagonally-adjacent land tiles on the world-view are counted as connected?  If so I could have narrowed my search down earlier.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:10 pm »

Thank you, oh great one! My megaproject causeway fort went from 10 FPS to 18 FPS!

And mine jumped from 13 FPS to a fluctuating 18.  Many thanks!
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur
Pages: [1] 2 3