Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Question  (Read 793 times)

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Question
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:09:20 pm »

So on my 14th fortress (only counting fortresses that lasted at least a year) I managed to train and equip a military that was able to fight off 8 goblins, then 6 kobolds, and finally a feathered snail that breathed webs.  I'm producing food and alcohol, my duke is almost happy, I havent'y had a tantrum spiral, and there are no mysterious deaths that might be from a vampire.

So my question is, how soon until I get to the attend the secret meeting to receive my cultist robes and be taught the special handshake?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: DF Question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:20:18 pm »

After you have a fort last ten years.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:34:49 pm »

When you get the secret "You WIN!" popup window.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

When you get the secret "You WIN!" popup window.

That's trivial!

sed -i -e 's/A vile force/You WIN!/\x0\x0\x0\x0/' dwarffort.exe

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 07:18:01 pm »

I'd say when you cross the plateau: the place where you are safe and self-sufficient (and bored) and push into full-scale weirdness and experimentation ;p
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:18 pm »

Initiation is awarded to those who don't care about anything ethics anymore or those who dig too deep.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Stopkilling0

• Bay Watcher
  • FarmBaconFarmBacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:20:11 am »

You have to make a !!scientific!! contribution to the community. Sort of like a Dwarf Fortress eagle project.

Mine was building a giant trap that drained an ocean and figuring out that you can't catch fish that way xD

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:13:16 am »

When you realize that it doesn't matter. :)

That no matter if you like 500 year old established forts with traced lineages for genetic science, or you like to run 180/200 dwarves as military with no walls in demon infested wastelands for fun and giggles, it's your game.  Dumping the half dead vampire into the well to make the entire fort a bunch of vampires and taking on the circus with nothing but whifflebats is also a fun way to stake a claim for your name...

... you just have to make sure the story you tell us is funny or dramatic!  :D