Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bone as a material selection in military screen.  (Read 698 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Bone as a material selection in military screen.
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:28:43 pm »

I got a legendary bone carver from a mood, so I set him out making bone greaves and gauntlets, to go on my militia instead of leather ones. Go into material selection to set them up with bone greaves and gauntlets.... Aaaand I can't find bone in the materials. It would make sense to have bones as a material in the equipment list.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Bone as a material selection in military screen.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »

For what it's worth, this is on the bug tracker.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:25:33 pm »

As a workaround in the meantime, you can set the uniform to use white items. In an unmodded game, the only white-coloured armour material is bone.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:28:18 pm »

Yeah, but then I'd have to manually assign each breastplate, mail shirt, helmet, mitten, high boot, weapon, and shield.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42:00 pm »

You should be able to specify colour in the same way that you'd specify material.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »

Oh.