Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 387023 times)

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1485 on: September 14, 2014, 01:01:01 pm »

I'd rather skip maintaining the new thread. :P

21 months on Moltenchannels was enough.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 14, 2014, 01:17:59 pm »

He who maketh the world, maketh the thread.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 14, 2014, 02:09:31 pm »

Alright, I’ll make a thread when this show gets on the road. Any idea of what we should bring along? Also are we dwarfing a McDuck or not? There are still one or two dwarves left unnamed.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 14, 2014, 02:10:38 pm »

Alright, I’ll make a thread when this show gets on the road. Any idea of what we should bring along? Also are we dwarfing a McDuck or not? There are still one or two dwarves left unnamed.
Might as well, though could be anticlimactic when he dies from a tree landing on him or from an infected kea bite or what-have-you.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 14, 2014, 03:16:23 pm »

I’ve added in Urist McDuck as our farmer and weaver, and bp920091 as another miner.

Here’s our starting loadout, not including animals:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We’ve embarked. May God (or Arm_OK, or The RNG) have mercy upon our souls (of the dwarves).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have the DF soundtrack running at the moment, because appropriateness.

New thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143716.0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:37:55 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 14, 2014, 07:52:28 pm »

Moltenchannels in a Nutshell, Part 3: Years 16-22[/u]

Year 16: Triaxx2 once again takes control of the fortress. Major reactor program abandoned because it wouldn't work properly. Undead siege turns up. Southern magma-weapon mostly built (but is never completed before the fall of the fortress). Wall sections expanded to create more shooting platforms for our militia against the undead. These are later used in the final days of the fortress. Corpse disposal railway "fixed" (Nope).

Year 17: CaptainArchmage takes over, and declares himself King (this does not end well in the long term). Coronation interrupted by random !!Dwarf!!. Minor redecorating on McKiwi's Tower. Corpse railway "fixed" (No it isn't). Lake that feeds the dining hall waterfall becomes a sea of toxic goo. Beehives set up. Lots of other stuff I can't bothered going through either (Twenty-seven update posts woooo). Year ends fairly well.

Year 18: "Mad Meng" takes over, aided by Urist McKiwi III, Dashing Swordsdwarf. Plans made for massive topside expansion. All weapons, mechanisms and rocks in fort funnelled into very very slow construction. At first, things proceed very sanely. Then a thought goes through my head: 'You know what this fort needs? Beehives. LOTS of beehives." Fortress then filled with bees. Massive slowdown. Some of Archmage's beehives brutally ambush a dwarf in a quantum..um...thingie. Basically we had Schrodinger's Beehive. As Meng vanishes and things get strange, McKiwi gets suspicious as hell of the Priest and sets up documents for the King and her successor. The year ends with construction about half done (where it'll remain until the end of the fort), and McKiwi III dies of old age and is buried in a grand tomb in the lower levels.

Year 19: Triaxx2 takes over again. Corpse disposal minecarts "fixed" again (no they weren't). Reactor Beta altered some more. Blocks made that would have been rather handy a year earlier.

Year 20: After an aborted start by CaptainMClellan, Wastedlabor takes over again. Udib starts a cult, annoys the military. Massive battle kill a large part of the population. King CaptainArchmage is killed and vanishes into thin air. Fortress stabilised towards the end of the turn, but it didn't last.

Year 21: NotQuiteThere takes over again. Nurse Cutey decides to take on the undead sieges and the forgotten beasts all at once. Multiple security breaches. All bar ~25 dwarves killed. Fortress security compromised completely. The fortress is left mortally wounded.

Year 22: Urist McKiwi V takes over. All burns. McDuck starts a final push to break through. After fighting off multiple waves, the priest and several others die to activate a magma purge and prevent McDuck escaping.Fortress removed from existance via magic CTDing. McKiwi V leads a team of ~10 survivors into the wilderness to start a new life away from Moltenchannels.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:56:05 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:27 am »

I seriously don't know what was up with those bloody minecarts. I fixed the route itself the first time, then the actual stop at the end of the track. I know it was working when I passed off the save, but the next person had them broken. I'd almost suspect it's the change in the raws, but not everyone did that.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]