Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lethosor's DFHack scripts  (Read 8444 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lethosor's DFHack scripts
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »

(This is very out-of-date. Many extra scripts are in the repo that aren't listed here, and the ones in the main folder in particular may be useful. I'll update this list at some point, although we're still trying to figure out how to deal with including scripts like these in DFHack.)

This is a collection of DFHack scripts that I've written. Sources are available on Github (you can download individual scripts by clicking the "Raw" button when viewing them, or download everything with the "Download ZIP" button in the sidebar).
Feature requests and bug reports can be made in the Github issue tracker or here. I prefer Github for organizational purposes (and may migrate suggestions and reports to the issue tracker), but reports and general discussion in this thread are fine as well.

Major UI scripts/changes:
  • gui/cp437-table: Allows input of all CP437 characters
  • gui/extended-status: Adds more pages to the z-status screen (currently just bedroom information)
  • gui/load-screen: A replacement for the "Continue game" screen
  • gui/settings-manager: An in-game init file editor. Currently supports most init.txt and d_init.txt settings and colors.txt, and support for announcements.txt is planned.

Cheating:
  • adv-max-skills: Sets all of an adventurer's skills and attributes to their maximum values during creation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • embark-skills: Adjusts the skills of dwarves when embarking, similar to adv-max-skills

Miscellaneous:
  • annc-monitor: Displays all announcements and reports (in color) in the DFHack console. More options are planned, such as displaying only certain types of announcements and writing announcements to a file with additional information.
  • click-monitor: Displays the grid coordinates of the mouse (i.e. the tile position) when the mouse is clicked.
  • invert-colors: Inverts DF's color scheme in-game. (This is intended as a proof-of-concept for colors.txt support in settings-manager.) Not tested with tilesets.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:47:47 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Lethosor's DFHack scripts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 05:38:30 pm »

PTW - I love these scripts.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:55:34 am »

Posting to watch.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:58:28 pm »

I realize that this thread hasn't seen a lot of activity, but I finally got around to adding a color editor to settings-manager:

(The interface text is all white because most other color IDs are used for previews.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 06:38:44 pm »

Some new scripts that have appeared in the past three months:
* autoresetgrid: Triggers a complete screen refresh periodically - useful for working around some display issues, such as missing tiles when using Truetype
* raw-lint: Checks for simple issues in raws on launch or when a world is loaded (or when requested)
* gui/input-monitor: Displays keyboard and mouse input on-screen
* modstate-monitor: A simplified version of the previous script that only logs modifier keys to the console

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »

Added gui/cp437-table, which is, well,

Pressing "Enter" sends all input to the parent screen, making this useful for typing accented characters in text fields (or other symbols, except for 0, which is typically a string terminator in C/C++, and 127, for which the key was removed in 0.40.07).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 05:13:31 pm »

That is neat!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

I just added gui/extended-status, which adds another menu to the z-status screen. It currently only contains a very simple bedroom status screen (but makes adding other similar screens somewhat easier than implementing them from scratch):

(Note that I haven't tested that fully - in particular, I'm not sure what ends up happening with married dwarves.)

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »

Very handy.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

BigBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 09:58:40 am »

These scripts are great. I especially like having announcements in my dfhack console. Is there any way to filter out sparring and forgotten beast spam with annc-monitor? Looking forward to seeing filtering implemented!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »

Sparring and combat reports are pretty easy to detect - the difficult part is making it configurable. By "forgotten beast spam", are you referring to combat reports or announcements about forgotten beasts?

BigBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 12:07:53 pm »

Yes the Forgotten Beast combat reports. The console fills up very quickly once those procedurally generated horrors start spewing fire and death everywhere!