Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re Clothing dwarfs  (Read 731 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re Clothing dwarfs
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:04:33 am »

So I know after 2 years the clothes start to rot away.  I found a pile of clothes marked with an x on the floor but no mention of who they belong/belonged to.  So is there an easy way to see who is running around naked or in need of new clothing short of going to the (u) screen and hitting every single dwarf and then looking at their inventory? 

(edit) Also, if they need new clothes do they equip them automatically?  Or do you have to manually assign them?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:22:05 am by ragincajun »
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re Clothing dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:22:58 am »

They equip them automatically.  Just have them available, and they'll pick them up.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

If they dropped x(clothing)x, it's because they found new clothes to wear. Otherwise they'd keep wearing what they had until it was completely worn away. And yes, they will change automatically as long as new clothes are available.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:24:51 am »

I suggest just killing the elves when they arrive trading with the elves for clothes.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 01:28:30 am »

Dwarf therapist has this feature, a blue box that turns red next to their name.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 08:33:39 am »

I had seen this but wasn't sure how accurate it was.  For my military for example it ALWAYS shows they are missing leggings and shoes but when I go to them in the game they have iron leggings or greaves and a pair of high boots with a green check mark next to it.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 12:15:39 pm »

I had seen this but wasn't sure how accurate it was.  For my military for example it ALWAYS shows they are missing leggings and shoes but when I go to them in the game they have iron leggings or greaves and a pair of high boots with a green check mark next to it.

No. They have leggings/greaves and high boots *assigned*, not equipped. Confusingly, the green checkmarks on the Pri/Assignments screen do not indicate that your dwarves have actually pickup up and equipped the items. You can check your dwarves' inventory screens to confirm if they are wearing an item.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 02:47:17 pm »

No. They have leggings/greaves and high boots *assigned*, not equipped. Confusingly, the green checkmarks on the Pri/Assignments screen do not indicate that your dwarves have actually pickup up and equipped the items. You can check your dwarves' inventory screens to confirm if they are wearing an item.
I think it's a good thing to take a new squad (or a squad with new member) and station it somewhere for a bit. Wait till everyone has shown up, then cancel the order. This should force all the members to get equipped, instead of in the middle of a siege.