Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: IC Thread  (Read 12576 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 03:43:36 pm »

The peasant jumps in shock. She takes a moment to compose herself and tries not to hyperventilate. Everyone else is watching you now, too.
"Uh, sir? Are you the high priest!?"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 03:46:48 pm »

"What? Oh, heavens, no. I am merely a traveller. Now, will you please answer my question?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 03:48:24 pm »

"We've been waiting for a long time, sir. The High Priest is supposed to arrive and meet the dwarven ambassador, sir."
She glances back at the rest of the crowd, who murmur their agreement.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 03:57:34 pm »

Veneficus puts his hand to his chin for a moment, stroking his beard and murmuring absentmindedly.

"Oh, no, dear..."

Eventually, he takes his hand away from his face.

"Very well! I shall investigate for you all."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 04:01:35 pm »

To Wyrne she says: "I don't know, sir. But a rider came to tell us to prepare room for him, because he would be coming soon. That was yesterday." She turns to Veneficus.
"Thank you, sir. If there is anything we can do to help, we would be most happy. This is a very important time! We mustn't displease the High Priest."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 04:03:58 pm »

"There is something. I need you to tell me everything, starting with where the dwarven ambassador is."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »

The peasant wrings her hands. "The, uh, the ambassador and his guards are in the tavern, just over there, sir." She gestures to the large building. "He came this morning and told everyone that he was going to stay there. We were going to have the High Priest stay there, but now the ambassador and his guards are staying there, and they don't want anyone else to go inside, so we needed to clean Casteer's old house so the High Priest could stay there instead.
It's a dreadful pickle. Sir."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 04:26:57 pm »

Veneficus facepalms. It seems all too obvious that the ambassador is up to something. Locked himself in the tavern, alone with his guards? Supposed to meet with the Priest? Priest doesn't show? It's almost painful, in his mind.

"I need to get into that tavern. Now."

But then he has a better idea.

"Wait. I have a much better and more entertaining idea."

Veneficus moves over to the wall of the tavern and casts the Message cantrip through the wall. He indicates the entire building as his target for it, and uses it to whisper, in a god- or conscience- like manner, to all of its inhabitants:

"I know you have done it. You cannot hide it from me. Admit it, lest you never atone and be cast into the Nine Hells forever."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 04:40:14 pm »

The peasant girl runs up to Wyrne, saying "Sir! You misunderstand me, sir! We've already cleaned the house, sir!"

Meanwhile, Veneficus casts his spell, and (Listen roll 14) hears some discussion from inside in Dwarven.
The crowd shuffles uneasily. They don't know who these strange people are, but they certainly don't like what they're doing.
After a moment, the door swings open, and seven dwarves file out. Six are covered in thick leather armour, and the seventh is wearing elaborate fur and velvet robes. He (she? It's hard to tell.) speaks thusly:
"Whadda you playin' at?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 04:45:19 pm »

Veneficus looms over the apparent ambassador.

"If I may ask the same of you. What have you done to the High Priest?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 04:47:11 pm »

After asking around a little in the crowd about the meeting, Razed was at a loss. The High Priest should have been there already. They hadn't passed him on the road. Or had they? He frowned. The strange gnome and the human with the two maces had looked sort of shady... Maybe they'd kidnapped him before joining the rest of them? Even a priest of HIS power wasn't omniscient. Even the GOD he worshipped wasn't. Although Pelor was a good sight more powerful then the host Razed sustained. Even if they hadn't, they might know more about this then HE ever could. Paladins and the underground don't usually mix well. Throughout all this, the Forgotten Gods clamoured in his head for attention. They had waited FAR too long for this moment to be stopped by something so trivial. Razed soothed their worries with a calming thought and asked around for Wyrne's whereabouts. First things first. Find Wyrne and the gnome. Once the meeting was back on track, he could resume his mission.

Purpose in mind, Razed asked around a bit for Wyrne. One of the peasants said he'd seen a young woman running after him, after Wyrne had left down a side street muttering something about cleaning. Razed walked down the street he'd indicated, loosening his morningstar in its belt loop. On the off chance that Wyrne WAS involved directly in the disappearance of the High Priest, he'd best be ready.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:39:53 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 05:30:41 pm »

Having followed Veneficus to the tavern, in hopes of seeing the dwarvern ambassador, he scratched his nose in annoyance "You have failed yes? We go now? No fight yes?" though Lanius would much prefer a fight as opposed to a lack of one, the fact remained that seven on two odds wouldn't be the best.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 05:45:52 pm »

(shit this thread moves fast, I almost wish we did maptools at this rate!)

Malkor takes one look at the crazy elf in his group and tries to muzzle him. "Hey hey hey! Don't be going around accusing people with only the flimsiest of proof. What evidence do you have he did it?!"

(My character is evidently gonna be the voice of reason for this party. Sigh)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 06:07:18 pm »

(It's moving a lot faster than I anticipated. Oh well. Time zones will soon sort that out. Also, accents are hard, so just imagine this dwarf speaking in a stereotypical Scotsirish accent. My text indication is going to be inconsistent at best.)

The dwarven guards arrange themselves in a circle around the ambassador, who speaks.
"I don't know what you're talkin' about. The Hight Priest, he isn't here, yet. Me'n my guards here were havin' some ale, then this wizard over here starts prattling on 'bout how we're goin' to Hell."
At this pronouncement, the crowd gasps. Some of them start backing away from Veneficus. Others start looking hostile.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 06:09:48 pm »

"He has point. But we is look for high priest."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8