Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: IC Thread  (Read 12578 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 06:16:10 pm »

Malkor sighs. "Now you've done it. It'll be harder getting answers around here with you with us. Could you please just...I don't know, go sit in the corner and let us handle this?"

He turns to the ambassador. "I apologize, my companion here is from a land far far awayand I suspect, one farther away from reality than us, and doesn't know the politics of here. You say you've been here a while?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 06:17:52 pm »

Veneficus speaks over them.

"The priest is 'late'. You've locked yourselves in there, alone, purposefully. And you won't give me a straight answer. I ask again: what have you done to the High Priest?"

All the while, Veneficus slowly backs away from the dwarves, putting Lanius and Malkor between him and them. If axes began swinging, he'd need a meatshield to keep their weapons busy until he could get a shot in or get the hell out of there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 06:21:28 pm »

"Hm... The wizard is right yes? Answer question."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:39 pm »

Malkor goes up to the paladin. "I think we need to restrain our crazy friend before he provokes an international incident. You take the left, I'll take the right."

Malkor takes out his spear, and tries to whap the crazy elf wizard over the head and render him unconscious.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 07:29:11 pm »

Hearing the assortment of strange adventurers speaking what appears to be nonsense, the ambassador shares a look with his guards, and they begin filing back into the tavern.
Malkor (attack 7+0 vs AC 10) waves his spear in the direction of Veneficus, but can't quite hit him.
Wyrne (sleight of hand 9+4=13) finds a copper coin in one peasant's trousers.
The peasants are now shuffling about nervously. They can see it's about to turn into a fight, and if nothing happens...

Aaarrroooooooo!
Aroo! Aarrooooo!

The sound of a horn rings out over the valley. Everyone freezes and looks for the source of the sound. From the west road, three men on horseback are approaching at a gallop.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2014, 07:40:52 pm »

(for future reference trying to do nonlethal damage to someone is a -4 to attack with a spear)

"I'm betting that's the High Priest now. He was probably delayed. And you've proven yourself to be an idiot, well done!" Malkor remarks acidly to Veneficus.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2014, 07:48:30 pm »

"Will bet four gold that is not."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »

Razed, hearing the horns, turns back and goes to investigate it. The other people he met on the road seem to be yelling at the old elf. He walks over to the tavern entrance, so as to better view the meeting of Priest and Ambassador.

@@What exactly is going on here.@@

He then notices the trio of horsemen.

@@They're going very fast... If **I** were assigned to guard an old and important High Priest, I'd make sure he didn't fall off and break his neck going too fast.@@

Razed uses his innate Detect Evil ability on the riders, just in case. He also checks the other people clustered near the tavern.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:14:27 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »

"We should see." Lanius says as he begins jogging towards the horses and attempts to wave them down.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 10:57:01 pm »

Chuckling at the antics of his traveling companions, Mic has been quiet for the last few minutes.
When the riders come into sight, he slips away from crowd, and goes around the back of the tavern, entering through the back door. From there, he sneaks up stairs and looks for the ambassador's room.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 04:24:39 pm »

The riders slow down as they approach the village. They stop about thirty feet away from the crowd, right in front of Lanius. From here, it's much easier to discern who they are:

One is an old man, thin, frail, and wearing a stained grey robe. His hair is white and patchy. His skin is wrinkled and pale. His horse looks to be in similarly bad shape.
The next is a young man, strong, healthy, with thick black hair, wearing a spotless golden robe, and holding in one hand a shining golden scepter. Gold is the colour of high-ranking clergy in the Church.
The last man is middle aged, moustachio'd, and dressed in battered leather armour. He has a short sword in his hand and a shield on his back.

The young man is the first to speak.
"Make way for the High Priest of Pelor, orc, lest the wrath of God strike you down."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:28:54 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2014, 04:27:12 pm »

"Ah, is mistake. Thought someone else. Go ahead." Lanius says as he steps aside.

Activate Vigor Aura to give them a little bit of healing before they go. Assuming that it's still a free action outside of combat.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 04:29:35 pm »

They're not visibly injured.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »

((Realized that I should have bolded my actions. Sorry!))
Chuckling at the antics of his traveling companions, Mic has been quiet for the last few minutes.
When the riders come into sight, he slips away from crowd, and goes around the back of the tavern, entering through the back door. From there, he sneaks up stairs and looks for the ambassador's room.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »

Wave goodbye to them as they pass.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8