Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: My first successioon game.  (Read 10756 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My first successioon game.
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »

Dangit!  Sorry guys.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2014, 01:29:04 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7n83mmm1dro5azu/df_40_13_legacy.rar

There it is then.
Would the next person to actualy play please change the pop cap to 50-52 and also send the raws with the save from now on everybody.

doing a quick clean then. Will be at work for next 9 hours or so, can sort it when i come back, hopefully, first time i've not automatically had DFHack running as most mods such as LNP will leave DFHack running in background to fix various things. From as far as i can tell, all i have to do is plonk files in and change 1 file, then to uninstall remove them and bring back the old file which got changed.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2014, 04:44:22 pm »

Sorry guys, i have tried literally everything i can think of, i can't get the bleeding DFHack to run on this DF and can't work out why.

I must admit i'm used to it already running in the background (as LNP/Masterwork both encorporate it, as it fixes all sorts of stupid things), so i'm not used to actually installing it. I've tried moving a working one into it with all files which i thought were required and probably missed 1 or 2 and can't figure out which. Also tried downloading it and following the install with no luck.

I don't know what else to try, all i can do is agree with reducing the amount of dwarves, as this helps a tonne. Animals weren't "too" excessive.

Sorry to take so long, but my car's literally broken also (not too bad as it works, but just illegal to drive as it is (indicators come on instead of rear light..)), so i've had less time seeing i've had to get a bus into work.
Not been my week.

I tried anyway. Still interested in a turn though :)
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2014, 10:01:12 am »

Well good try anyway.

I thinks it's your turn Bob.
I'm not saying genocide, but you might want to lower the safety standards just a little.

(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2014, 08:11:32 am »

Back to the mountainhome.

Hey guys thanks for a much better first succession game than I thought it would be.
I personaly don't want to play it anymore though due to the fps.
The save is free to anybody who wants it.
I might start another game with different fps friendly parameters later.

Was fun guys. :)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2014, 08:33:39 am »

Back to the mountainhome.

Hey guys thanks for a much better first succession game than I thought it would be.
I personaly don't want to play it anymore though due to the fps.
The save is free to anybody who wants it.
I might start another game with different fps friendly parameters later.

Was fun guys. :)

Just a suggestion, give masterwork a try. I literally play at 200 fps for the first 6 years easily.
If you want vanilla DF, you can get pretty close but you'll have to get used to a few extra races and some different animals. Still. Generally works out, was going to be my first one when i got it going.
Busy in a different community fort atm.

All the best and it had a good run ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]