Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: My first successioon game.  (Read 10784 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: My first successioon game.
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »

*pokes current player

How's the update looking?
Will play later today.

Also, I'm going to attempt to breach the aquifer, so prepare thine anus, as dwarves might die.
ermahgurd just let me do it.  Seriously dude.
Id prefer to do it personally.  :D
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2014, 08:18:35 pm »

-snip-

didn't mean to hit post, not done yet
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2014, 08:46:54 pm »

26th of Galena

Took the human's shit.

I swear, I'm gonna quit my job soon and let someone else deal with this mess.

I just need one last shot at that Aquifer, though...

THE TASK: Carve out a small island, and cause it to collapse within the aquifer, hopefully causing some damage.

So far, so horrible.

Apparently, he channeled a tile that a log was on, and said log hit him, making both him and the log fall into the aquifer. Surprisingly enough, he floundered to land with nothing but a wet beard.

27th of Galena
Oh shit, what??

Oh, here we go! I knew I should have listened to them when they said it wasn't a good idea! What's the damage??

Oh, no problem just a few bruised limbs, but some bruised organs on a pet pig.

Shit, another dwarf fell in, and without a shield to paddle with.

At least these two knew how to not die in water, unlike the first casualty.

Shit, just realized I'm going about this all wrong, going to have to restart somewhere else.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Tonnot cancels Aquifer Breach; Berserk.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »

See! Even windows is mocking you!
Windows: You should have checked online. You know you can't handle the aquifer. Check online for a solution! Close the fucking program, n00b!

In all seriousness, you had a jolly good try at it. Better than I could have done. Does that mean you've given up, then? I see you uploaded the save, are you handing your turn over to wolf?
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

Windows: You should have checked online. You know you can't handle the aquifer. Check online for a solution! Close the fucking program, n00b!

In all seriousness, you had a jolly good try at it. Better than I could have done. Does that mean you've given up, then? I see you uploaded the save, are you handing your turn over to wolf?
Yes I am, also the crash happened when I designated floors to be build over the rather large hole that I made.
Meow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2014, 11:25:05 pm »

Yes I am, also the crash happened when I designated floors to be build over the rather large hole that I made.
I'll pick it up tomorrow, probably.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:26 pm »

My first succession game as op.
The first player after me. Went crazy.

Is that a record,did I win op-ing?  :D

EDIT:Good luck 4maskwolf.
If you need some soldiers to fight something beatable, you can send my guys. Just don't lose "zubb zubb" please.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:08:25 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:16 pm »

My first succession game as op.
The first player after me. Went crazy.

Is that a record,did I win op-ing?  :D

EDIT:Good luck 4maskwolf.
If you need some soldiers to fight something beatable, you can send my guys. Just don't lose "zubb zubb" please.
LOLZ.  Zubb zubb.

Is it okay if my guild is less defined by profession and more by location, or would you rather it be defined by profession?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:56 pm »

Right now, any guild would be in the lead if they were based in stone.
Meow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

One aquifer pierced, thank you very much.  Probably not worth a bob point, since I just used the standard double-slit method, but at least that obstacle is out of the way.

Here's some pictures of the aquifer-piercing site:
Fortress level: the aquifer starts two levels below this, so no work had to be done.

Next Level down: I have a project that I don't want to reveal quite yet going on off to the side, so this is what you can see.  Once again, no aquifer on this level.

Next level down: This is where the upper level of the two-level aquifer is.  This took significantly less time to pierce than the lower one.

Final level: This is the lower aquifer level.  Beneath it is a layer of dolomite stone.  This took a damnably long time, as the lower level always does, but ah well.

Do I get to play the rest of topnot's year as well as all of my own?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2014, 06:43:45 pm »

From the journal of Wolf wolf, leader of the Wolf guild.
15 Malachite:
Holy hell this fortress is a mess.  The previous overseer stepped down in near-madness after being unable to pierce the aquifer, and some silly poll said I was in charge.  Okay then, I guess.  The Wolf guild will make this fortress great: or at the very least not fall apart immediately upon my departure.  We shall dig ourselves out a living quarters separate from the others, but will still help the rest of the fortress when the time comes.  We believe in living as close to the earth as possible, and as such will dig ourselves out a nice home in the caverns.

16 Malachite: I went to take a drink today and was informed that we have no booze.  Why in Armok's name do we have no booze?  The brewers will have to get on that immediately.

28 Malachite: More migrants! Excellent!

7 Timber: piercing of the aquifer has been completed, and I have begun on a new project which should benefit the fortress further.  Let us see how it goes.

1 Granite: The project has been aborted, but the wolf clan has its home.  Self-sufficient, sealed off from the rest of the world: it’s a nice place.  We get to live close to the earth, away from the concerns of dwarven society.  The others above can continue their living as they please.  I took to liberty of drawing up some smelting plans to utilize all of the ore and coal we have gained in our mining, and hopefully they will prove sufficient to allow the production of large quantities of steel.

From the diary of an unknown dwarf:
26 Granite: The son-of-a-bitch who was in charge of this place decided to lock himself and four companions down in the depths of the fortress, meaning that we are now leaderless  FANTASTIC.

On the other hand, the miners have finished digging out the smelter area, and work is being put into stocking it with the required materials.

Oh, and Iton zubb died the other day, he just kept standing there doing nothing.

Iton just glitched after fighting some crundles: he stood there doing nothing, completely uninjured, until I finally put him out of his misery with dfhack command exterminate him.  Do note that that is the only command I have inputted into dfhack other than digv (so I don't have to micromanage mining), no game-breaking uses at all.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2014, 06:55:35 pm »

Let the feuding commence!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2014, 06:56:36 pm »

I suppose i need a guild and a rival . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »

Eh, the Wolf guild is entirely sealed off.  Like, entirely.  If you're nice to them, or really need something, I have a way for them to send supplies to the rest of the fortress.  I'm probably going to make a ton of crafts to trade with other people in exchange for favors or something, since they value their self-sufficiency and want nothing from you all.  The only reason they'd want something would be if they needed some kind of material for a mood, in which case having trade goods laying around would be nice to have.

There are five members of the wolf guild: a legendary miner, a legendary leatherworker (amusingly enough, I have exactly one leather down there and that's reserved for strange moods), a farmer, a woodworker, and a stoneworker.

Also, WHY THE HELL ARE ZUBB'S PEOPLE FIGHTING WITH WOODEN SWORDS!!!!!

I'm going to replace their weapons with steel ones now that steel production in the fortress proper is going full bore.

Also, a request for future overseers: while the Wolf guild is self-sufficient, even without much attention (I have plump helmet farms and a well), could you all go down there and just have them do things every so often.  Like, make clothes and stuff.

I say as I haven't even finished my turn.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2014, 08:42:57 pm »

WHY THE HELL ARE ZUBB'S PEOPLE FIGHTING WITH WOODEN SWORDS!!!!!
Clearly, his guild consists entirely of elf sleeper agents. I'll make sure to burn re-educate them during my turn.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11