Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I kind of Melted . . .  (Read 2138 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
So I kind of Melted . . .
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:17:03 pm »

I played with fire and almost died because of it.  what long term effects will result from having no fat on ~40% of my body?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: So I kind of Melted . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »

I played with fire and almost died because of it.  what long term effects will result from having no fat on ~40% of my body?
Well, you will probably be more fire resistant in the future.

Otherwise, not much. You can walk around with arrows in half your organs and survive, you should be fine.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:40:52 pm »

Otherwise, not much. You can walk around with arrows in half your organs and survive, you should be fine.
Just don't pull out said arrows! Then you bleed to death.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 08:58:03 pm »

Just means there's less stuff left on your body to be damaged! If you get the chance, remove all your organs other than lungs (You need them to breathe!). In the realms of Dwarf Fortress nobody needs something as silly as a stomach to digest (they don't even do that. Ever seen a dwarf poop?) and the heart is just a giant sack of blood that doesn't actually pump it. So long as you can survive the blood loss of an organ being cut out you'll be fine and one step closer to being an indestructible Frankenstein's Monster.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:07:46 pm »

Just don't pull out said arrows! Then you bleed to death.

That is actually pretty accurate, although IRL infection makes it a good idea to get them out.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:21 am »

It is ingame, too, but disease resistance can let you ignore that little problem.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:51 am »

Just means there's less stuff left on your body to be damaged! If you get the chance, remove all your organs other than lungs (You need them to breathe!). In the realms of Dwarf Fortress nobody needs something as silly as a stomach to digest (they don't even do that. Ever seen a dwarf poop?) and the heart is just a giant sack of blood that doesn't actually pump it. So long as you can survive the blood loss of an organ being cut out you'll be fine and one step closer to being an indestructible Frankenstein's Monster.

Sadly, we can't do this as of yet: your innards can be horribly mangled, but the only organs you can remove is the guts. If your guts pop out, the bleeding will never stop, no matter how pitiful the flow. You can't travel or sleep while you're bleeding. You will eventually bleed to death, even if it takes days (if your creature is very large)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 12:37:42 am »

Technically, you only need one lung to breathe. Who needs organs!