Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should my images be spoilered?

Yes.
No.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Chuggin along  (Read 18070 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Votes so far:

Engi controlled sector: 1 (BFEL)

Rebel controlled sector: 2 (Broken, Zazimo)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

I vote rebel controlled.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: What do I buy?
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »

I remind the Federation Command that I am surrounded by the entire Rebel Fleet. This sends them into a frenzy, shouting out suggestions ranging from "GET OUT OF THERE NOW!" to "REPENT! THE END IS NEAR!" I shout back angrily, "WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO GO?! At this, they quietly argue among themselves again. sighing, I wait, warily watching the Fleet for any signs of hostility.
After a while, E. Jack informs me that the ship from the hangar is jumping in. I order everyone to battle stations and prepare the ship for an immediate jump. My hatred for the Rebels renews as the monstrous ship that killed Delilah. I could feel the tension through the vacuum of space as the flagship and we waited for the other to make a move. It was the flagship who gave the initiative and ordered all ships to fire whatever they had at me. I slammed on the ignition and our ship escaped into FTL. I had no idea where we were going, since Federation Command never gave me coordinates, but the autopilot put us to rest inside the Rebel Controlled Sector. At least here, I would be able to take revenge on the weaker prey that call this sector theirs. I take a look at my ship to make sure it was ready.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I take a look at the nearby area and see a store that I plan to visit once I acquire a bit more scrap. I also use my advanced scanners to check for anomalies and see a star that I should avoid. I decide to head north-west and plan to eventually loop around to the store.
I see a Rebel scout minding its own business, but I take the initiative and charge in guns-a-blazin'
The ship goes down incredibly easily and I reap the rewards. A fully updated map. With my new information, I chart a path that would get me to the store in 4 jumps. The first step is heading east.
My first destination is full of Rebel ships. I prepare to fight them all, but my senses stop me. Some other time, perhaps.
My next jump takes me east again.
I meet another automated scout, with no shields. I laugh and charge up the weapons.
It turns out that the scout can dodge literally every single laser blast I sent. But he can't dodge beams. The fight went quite well.
I jump south, and I plan to go to the shop next. Unless something crazy happens...
I encounter yet another Rebel Scout with no shields. PLEASE! FOR ONCE, LET ME KILL SOME ACTUAL REBELS!
The Scout starts to run away, even so, I aim for their weapons first. This time, both my shots hit the weapons, disabling their hardest hitter, the Burst laser mk. 2. Unfortunately, their small bomb detonates inside our medbay. I send Zazimo to fix it since he didn't give me enough engine power to dodge it. 2 more laser shots kill the scout, and I collect the wreckage.
I jump to the store, this time, with not even a scratch on the ship. Thank you shields!

What do I buy?
Spoiler: Ship info (click to show/hide)
Sell prices:
Dual Laser:12
Mini beam: 10
Burst laser mk. 2: 40
Long ranged scanners: 15

Don't forget to upgrade systems as well!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:21:25 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2015, 03:13:51 am »

Why is there an empty spot in the store where a weapon should be?  That's weird.

Upgrade weapons twice for 25 and 35, upgrade reactor once for 25, buy 6 fuel.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2015, 09:30:47 am »

Why is there an empty spot in the store where a weapon should be?  That's weird.

+1
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2015, 08:10:34 pm »

+1
f
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »

to my complete surprise, the Federation Command comes to a unanimous consensus about what I should buy. I upgrade my weapons and buy power to run it, and I top off on fuel. After this shopping spree, I'm left with no cash, but a much stronger ship. I do notice the need for power however. With the new weapon online, I take a look at my ship.
My first jump takes me to the only unexplored place that will not be taken over by rebels by the time I get there. As much as I want to test my new weapon on the scum, It just wouldn't be an efficient way to spend my time.
Unfortunately, the first beacon has way to many Rebels for me to engage. Luckily they don't engage me either.
Noticing the distress beacon, I jump north-east.
I come across a lone rebel drone with no shields.
I tell E. Jack that we are under attack, but it dies before I even finish. How rude.
I jump the ship to the distress beacon. Hopefully I can profit.
The moment I arrive, my sensors detect a star only half a kilometer away. I hit the monitor and it updates to tell me that it is only a station on  fire. I decide to try to dock my ship and try to rescue any survivors that can make their way to the airlock.
Unfortunately, the station explodes before I can get there, and my ship takes damage. Why do I even try to help people?
The rebels are closing in on the exit beacon, so I Jump south-east.
My monitor displays a federation message. I hit it a few times, but it stays the same. I send Zazimo to investigate because I like him the least.
I hope that he doesn't return, but he does. I almost get mad at him, but I notice the loot he brought back and decide to forgive him... for now.
I only have one jump before I have to go to the exit beacon, whether I go into a nebula or not. So I go to the south-east beacon that has a ship to fight. Hopefully, it is a Rebel ship I can massacre with my new weaponry.
OH MY FREAKING GOD! HOW MANY DRONES DO THESE REBELS HAVE!? There is another drone in this beacon. It has been far too long since I fought some real Rebel scum.
As the fight commences, I notice that the cloak is somehow broken. I don't know when that happened, but I sent broken to fix it since two brokens make a fix... I think? Regardless, they cannot get through my shields, so I don't worry. I wait for all my weapons to charge, than fire them. THe result is catastrophic. For them. All their offensive and defensive systems are destroyed. Just for fun, I wait for its drone to drift over my burst laser mk. 2 so  can blow it up. The big drone ship doesn't last much longer.
Unfortunately, Zazimo's calculations were slightly off, and I won't be able to beat the rebels to the exit beacon. So I decide to get one more beacon in before I have to inevitably fight the Rebel fleet. I jump southwest.
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE SHIP I'VE FOUGHT IN THIS SECTOR HAS BEEN A REBEL DRONE. And this beacon is no exception.
This one starts trying to escape, but I mow it down before its engines get even slightly warm.
I now prepare for a fight against real humans, then jump to the exit. I end up right next to one Rebel ship, but the nebula keeps me from seeing any more. Using this to my advantage, I jam his comms and hope no one else notices us.
I fire my five lasers a moment before he fires his. The second his shields are completely down, I fire the mini beam across 4 rooms, then cloak out his incoming lasers. During the cloak, I charge my 5 lasers again and fry his weapons to take down his flak gun. When his shields are down again, I beam
across his hull again and finish him with one last salvo. Immediately, the Federation Command tells me to get out of there quickly, but I simply power down non-essential systems and hide in the nebula. I deserve a break.
Right before I turn off the scanners, I take a look at the next section of the galaxy. Looks like I'm going to visit the Rockmen.

There are no decisions to be made, I just think that this is a good place to take a break. Feel free to give any suggestions on play style etc.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2015, 06:04:34 pm »

There are no decisions to be made, I just think that this is a good place to take a break. Feel free to give any suggestions on play style etc.
You might want to switch weapon positions, again... you probably want it to be, from left to right, burst laser II, dual lasers, mini beam.  Right now, a single damage point to weapons shuts off burst laser II, your best weapon.

You're probably doing this already, but when you have incoming shots, you should briefly turn off oxygen to pump up engines to give you and Zazimo a slightly better dodge chance.  You might even be able to briefly turn off dual laser for an extra power to engines, right before a missile hits, without losing too much recharge time.

However, none of that seems very important, since you seem to be having one of those games where almost everything goes your way.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2015, 07:06:02 pm »

You might want to switch weapon positions, again... you probably want it to be, from left to right, burst laser II, dual lasers, mini beam.  Right now, a single damage point to weapons shuts off burst laser II, your best weapon.

You're probably doing this already, but when you have incoming shots, you should briefly turn off oxygen to pump up engines to give you and Zazimo a slightly better dodge chance.  You might even be able to briefly turn off dual laser for an extra power to engines, right before a missile hits, without losing too much recharge time.

However, none of that seems very important, since you seem to be having one of those games where almost everything goes your way.
It has been a lucky game so far.

So far, there has been no need to take power out of oxygen since no one has gotten more than 2 shots at me.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Chuggin along
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2015, 01:07:14 pm »

So far, there has been no need to take power out of oxygen since no one has gotten more than 2 shots at me.

The Stealth Ship A is doomed to die a slow death by attrition without shields SUPREME. Long live the Federation, death to her enemies.

If you ever decide to do another play through I highly recommend the Federation Cruiser Type C. The only ship I've ever beat Hard with. Also tremendous fun to cackle madly as a Pirate Captain and send your boarding marines to die horribly over and over again for phat loot.

Who better to trust the fate of the Galaxy on a suicide mission with than a madman who routinely sends his crew on suicide missions?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Chuggin along
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »

The Stealth Ship A is doomed to die a slow death by attrition without shields SUPREME. Long live the Federation, death to her enemies.

If you ever decide to do another play through I highly recommend the Federation Cruiser Type C. The only ship I've ever beat Hard with. Also tremendous fun to cackle madly as a Pirate Captain and send your boarding marines to die horribly over and over again for phat loot.

Who better to trust the fate of the Galaxy on a suicide mission with than a madman who routinely sends his crew on suicide missions?
lol that's my second favorite ship. Behind the stealth type B.

My least favorite is stealth type C. I've only managed to win on easy. Everything else I've won on medium.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]