Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 68358 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2014, 10:49:09 am »

Sent in the two turns now. I hope the delay wasn't overlong!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2014, 10:55:36 am »

I worried, during the weekend, about whether my turn really got sent, because we were all waiting for someone and I couldn't see who it was :D
Other than that, it was OK :-°

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

Couldn't you check your inbox for confirmation email?

Good to be back on track.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »

I usually keep my mailbox open just enough time to see that mail, delete it, and forget I ever received it :)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2014, 04:58:14 pm »

Right-o. I've got 15GB of storage space so I'm not in a hurry to delete my mails :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 29, 2014, 07:47:10 am »

So... Everybody got the 'Dominions error on hosting' email, right? And everyone else can see that the game is no longer on the llamaserver game list? Because our game seems to have just vanished into the ether without much warning and I have no idea what happened or why it did that.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 29, 2014, 08:37:36 am »

From llamaserver:
"Hi, due to a glitch a few games disappeared this morning (Wednesday). I'll get them restored this evening. llama"

So I guess we'll play the waiting game for now.

Edit:

"Update: It took more time than I expected. I'll get the restored on Thursday evening."

Further editry:

I will be busy tomorrow and the day after. If llama manages to conjure up our game tonight I'll make the necessary schedule changes myself, but barring that I've asked E. Albright to handle the postponement.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:44:09 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

Our game is back!

And there are no nations! :D

I'll send a mail to llama tonight if they don't pop up soon.

edit:
I sent the mail AND it fixed itself. Hooray!
Now back to our regularly scheduled gaming (with scheduling irregularities for the early weekend).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:45:05 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:40 pm »

Now back to our regularly scheduled gaming (with scheduling irregularities for the early weekend).
Well of course we can't expect anyone to do their turn on Nevada Day. :)

Anyway, it's good to be back on. The map sure does seem crowded though, doesn't it? I'm certain one of my many neighbors has an untapped frontier I can manifest my destiny in, eh?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »

Well of course we can't expect anyone to do their turn on Nevada Day. :)

Anyway, it's good to be back on. The map sure does seem crowded though, doesn't it? I'm certain one of my many neighbors has an untapped frontier I can manifest my destiny in, eh?
It is a bit on the cluttered side, is it not?  I think I started getting concerned about my future survival the turn I encountered no less than four neighbors in a single turn. 

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2014, 11:23:49 pm »

Yeah, this map is really, really cramped. Or else the starting positions were really, really badly clustered. I'm leaning towards cramped, but I suppose it could be both.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:36 pm »

127 land + 18 sea provinces = about 13 land provinces each. That's roughly medium-sized as far as multiplayer maps go, isn't it? I feel a little packed in, but I think I've got my 12-14ish provinces picked out.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2014, 05:16:07 am »

Well this isn't spacious, that's for sure. I guess I should've looked for a bit bigger map after we got our ninth player.

I guess we'd best prepare for some early bloodshed then.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2014, 09:37:57 am »

Hmmm, I'm not sure if there was much clustering in start locations.  Excluding sea provinces, no one started with less than three provinces between their capital and their nearest neighbor's capital, and from what exploration I've seen, it seems to be fairly well-spaced.  Some people got better starts than others, mind you (Agor, for instance, has few immediate neighbors but dropped in the middle of no less than five thrones, which has pushed their expansion in very particular channels, while Lissasia apparently had difficulty securing their own island), but I think it's just that some people expanded out to their limits faster than others, coupled with the absolute limits on expansion by the province count.  It looks like a couple people have already got forts already up and gathering, which is another caveat. 

Mind you, including sea provinces, I started with only two provinces between myself and my nearest neighbor, so there may have been some clustering involved.  Also, the first time I saw Midmatia and Illen's northern borders (shared with Samarir), I thought they were at war due to how entangled they were.  ^_^
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:39:29 am by Culise »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2014, 10:27:49 am »

Haha that's still not fully established. My hydras may have accidentally eaten a small army last turn when we both moved to take the same province. :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45