Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 68890 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2014, 10:32:13 am »

It looks like a couple people have already got forts already up and gathering, which is another caveat.
Uh... We're at turn 13. The game has started more than a year ago.
You should have a fort already up (or two being built). There may be a few exceptions (if you choose a "bad" nation, or if you're really capital centered for unit production), but with our nation knowledge ...

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2014, 10:54:32 am »

Spoiler: MY ONLY WEAKNESS (click to show/hide)
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2014, 11:00:50 am »

It looks like a couple people have already got forts already up and gathering, which is another caveat.
Uh... We're at turn 13. The game has started more than a year ago.
You should have a fort already up (or two being built). There may be a few exceptions (if you choose a "bad" nation, or if you're really capital centered for unit production), but with our nation knowledge ...
I know, and I believe I've already harped on my own weakness in this thread quite enough; no one's interested in hearing me chatter on about how I'm stuck at -15% income for the nth time.  I just mention it as a caveat because, while I'm not certain about you, I can't tell the difference between a capital fort and a non-capital fort at a glance. :P

That said, I only spotted five nations with active or apparent construction work being done on secondary forts this turn.  That's obviously not exhaustive, though.

EDIT:
Spoiler: MY ONLY WEAKNESS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT 2: Deadline in three hours, and nation 2 has not submitted.  Requesting an extension.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:23:33 pm by Culise »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »

I've done mine now, sorry! :P For the next turn as well! I am a bad boy.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2014, 11:54:23 pm »

If anyone wants any of Illen's (E. Albright's) provinces, they should be up for the taking in the next turn or two!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 01, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »

Mind you, including sea provinces, I started with only two provinces between myself and my nearest neighbor, so there may have been some clustering involved.

Two provinces? Bah. Ample space. The capital of Illen has but one province between it and the serpent's nest in Midmatia.

I just mention it as a caveat because, while I'm not certain about you, I can't tell the difference between a capital fort and a non-capital fort at a glance. :P

Look at the fort details. Starting forts will be fully developed, and for that matter, will be situated in provinces with the same name as the nation.

Haha that's still not fully established. My hydras may have accidentally eaten a small army last turn when we both moved to take the same province. :-\

Please. Accidentally? The army your slavering sycophantic toadies so treacherously slew had moved into the adjoining province the month before. The only independent province they could move to was the one directly north, while your conniving minions had two other independent lands to choose from, yet you neither attacked one of them nor broke your stubborn diplomatic silence. Your choice to attempt to glorify your mediocrity by stifling and undercutting bold individuals who were willing to strike out and make their own accomplishments rather than sniveling and leeching away the value created by their betters was anything but an accident. If your disingenuous, unimaginative lackeys in Midmatia seek to prevent the daring innovators in Illen from realizing their full potential, you'll get the war you're so plainly seeking.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 01, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »

I just mention it as a caveat because, while I'm not certain about you, I can't tell the difference between a capital fort and a non-capital fort at a glance. :P

Look at the fort details. Starting forts will be fully developed, and for that matter, will be situated in provinces with the same name as the nation.

I did not even think to check the province names.  I'm so used to maps where all the provinces have predefined names. >_<

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 01, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

Well, the map does have predefined names. It's just that in this case they're overwritten by the nation's name. I definitely know what you're talking about though, and it is pretty annoying.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 01, 2014, 06:24:41 pm »

In your defense, it was only in the last patch or two that capital names started overwriting pre-defined province names.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2014, 07:41:30 pm »

Postponing by 10h to be on the safe side.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2014, 01:57:22 pm »

tompliss: wut?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 03, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »

eh eh <3

I wanted to see whether that would work as well as I though. Seems so.

I don't think I'll keep them here anyway ;)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 03, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

Patch is out. Might wanna delay the game 'til we know it's stable.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 03, 2014, 02:55:21 pm »

I... What? What has been patched? Last I checked the 4.11 patch was still in beta, and I can't see anything about a new patch being released.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2014, 02:58:03 pm »

Ping.  Literally 12 minutes ago, apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45