Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 68914 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #330 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:23 am »

The deadline is Wednesday morning but Llamaserver won't be patched until Wednesday evening. This needs to be rectified.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 04, 2014, 07:49:27 am »

I added some more to the clock, but I think it won't show because of mailserver issues.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2014, 05:13:25 pm »

Server's back up. Hosting was pushed back 'til Thursday, but there's no reason not to get those turns in sooner...  ;D

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13:32 pm »

So that's how it's to be then? The Man who dares raise his gaze to the heavens is inevitably pulled down by hordes of scheming cowards too frightened of their own shadows to even contemplate fulfilling their own potential? I should expect no better of Lissasa, I suppose; your Isslishian cousins failed to crush the Human Spirit in Illen, so like every fool who subsumes their potential into lies of collective worth, you let the dead tyrants of fallen Isslishium dictate your future rather than thinking and dreaming for yourselves. I had hoped for more from the simpering half-men of Doushiem, for in their feeble bodies lies a mighty ego and ambitious soul... but it's my own fault for assuming the human slaves who toil and die for their hauflin overlords had arrived at their fate by their own folly and not the collective tyranny of craven, thuggish runt conspiracies. Your nation is a loathsome congress of sniveling bullies like any other; I should have guessed as much when the first words off your twisted lips mere months ago were sinuous lies promising peace and praising the so-called virtue of cooperation.

Take note, Men and near-Men of Peliwyr: as falls Illen, so shall you fall as well. Tall and stalwart Deathig would do particularly well to mark these words, as they, too, lie between Lissasa and Doushiem, and I can only imagine their brave people will be the next to face this loathsome alliance. Darmerkot, too, would be well-advised to watch their borders as the two-headed fuchsia serpent winds its coils around the lands between the waters. My sole consolation - beyond of course the inherent satisfaction of standing on my own two feet and for better or worse making my own destiny, no matter how these parasites strive to tear me down - is that the stunted taskmasters of Doushiem are naught but useful idiots advancing Lissasa's bid at godhood, for there is scant chance that the Lissasan's throne-rich homeland will incline them to share the spoils of Illen and Deathig with a people they look down on in all ways. And thus it goes, as ever...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:59 pm »

Honestly, if any of that is true you would have picked a different target for your first attack. The rapid and greedy Illenese advances expanded your borders to the point where even the provinces you've conquered have risen up in revolt, independent of any nation. It's true that some nations were more blessed by chance than others, but you would have done well to make alliances and target them, rather than wasting your forces on Midmatia who may seem small, but will blunt your blades nonetheless.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:19 pm »

I don't think I'll keep them here anyway ;)
Wut? Wut?

I mean like, I didn't really believe this bald-faced lie, but what's the point of taking all these provinces you won't get any income from?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:22 pm »

The silent imperialist now seeks to rally like-minded souls to their cause by re-writing history? Your foul dominion has pounded on the gates of Illen since the third month of the current wars. Your roving bands of hydras sought out and attacked the soldiers of Illen when there were still ample unaligned provinces in their reach. And through it all, Midmatia, who now postures as the patron-saint of diplomacy, uttered not one word to their neighbor to the east. Your war-mongering and loutish bullying brought about your fate. Know that even if your conniving "allies" succeed in breaking the noble Kingdom of Illen, Midmatia has ceased to exist as a nation. You have the choice before you: you can live as subordinate partners in the glorious undertaking that is Illen, or you can feel the harsh lash of the whip on your calves and thighs as you toil hopelessly for your hauflin masters. There is no third way, no matter what your so-called allies have told you. But hope - like envy - springs eternal, and I fear it shall be the lot of history, not me, to convince you of the truth of this.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:51:03 pm by E. Albright »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2014, 11:45:56 am »

The kingdom of Dousheim is bemused by the Illenese claims.  Dousheim has made no military incursions into the lands beyond the river dividing us from Illen or Midmatia, but has simply reinforced its borders against concerns of an incursion by the foolish forces of Illen.  Illen worships no gods, no masters save the false-sworn Gault, but holds no uniting morality save that of selfishness and greed, the will of the self.  Illen claims Midmatia the aggressors, but it is not Illen that rests under siege.  With their words here and now, we will continue to reinforce our borders against Illenese aggressions and threats, and should Illen attempt to either cross our borders or attack the unincorporated territories that rest under our indirect protection, we will respond accordingly.  Should we declare war against Illen, it shall be known to all, and Illen shall be rent asunder under the Sanctus united.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2014, 10:53:01 pm »

Alright, so I'm going to be out of town from tomorrow night until Tuesday. I could either ask for a delay or go AI. I'm down to my last province and, while I could put up a bit of a fight, I don't know that it's worth the delay of game. I guess let me know what you guys think. I'll have enough time tomorrow to set myself to AI if that ends up being the consensus.

Edit: I just submitted my turn, so if we end up getting one more turn done it will probably be easy to make the decision to just go AI.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:57:02 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 07, 2014, 02:35:43 pm »

If you're not in fighting shape, I don't see any harm in going AI.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 07, 2014, 06:09:57 pm »

Requesting 24-hour delay, as I may be a bit spotty this weekend. 

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 07, 2014, 06:16:10 pm »

You got it.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 07, 2014, 09:34:34 pm »

Trespassers will be shot and raised. Get out while you can. The island of Despair can only accomodate so much green.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 09, 2014, 05:00:05 pm »

Welp, I had to track down a computer and install everything, but I got Midmatia set up as AI. Good playing with you guys.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 09, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

Glad to have had you playing.

Don't worry, we'll make Illen pay. Someone will at any rate. Agor is geographically challenged at this time :(
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45