Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 68966 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Back on track
« Reply #645 on: May 08, 2015, 11:40:26 am »

Went ahead and pushed the new turn's host time back 24h as previously requested.

[Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPoF31emtY]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:54:29 pm by E. Albright »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 10, 2015, 04:41:14 pm »

Could I have three hours?
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 10, 2015, 04:50:45 pm »

Pushed 3h to 2130h UST Monday.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 10, 2015, 05:44:40 pm »

Which one of you bastards dumped 300 extra gems on a global?

For what it's worth I'm willing to concede the game in favor of Illen, not that it will matter much next turn, when I'm inevitably domkilled. I have 20 temples, down from a high of (IIRC) 27. Neither of you will survive.

e: also, tartarians. If that's not a victory lap I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:48:40 pm by Darkwind3 »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 10, 2015, 07:49:47 pm »

For what it's worth I'm willing to concede the game in favor of Illen, not that it will matter much next turn, when I'm inevitably domkilled. I have 20 temples, down from a high of (IIRC) 27. Neither of you will survive.

I've been knocked out a good while ago, so I don't think I have much say one way or the other. I'll keep submitting turns as long as I'm able though. Which won't be many weeks more but I don't think that'll be an issue for 410.

And no, wasn't me with the global.

edit:
in other news, if anyone is hankering for a turn 38+ EA Pan in 414, I'm willing to provide details via PM. Pair of N9Ex giants! Ulm! 1v2v1 endgame war!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:00:07 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 10, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

Hey, if you don't want 300+ gem overcasts next time, all you need to do is keep yer grubby monkey paws off my Strands.

I do want to play to completion - even if that were to mean force-hosting a couple more turns until Illenese love washes over everyone - so we can see the complete graphs. Ofc, I'm also willing to fight to the bitter (and yes, fast-approaching) end.

(FWIW, the Tartarians didn't feel like a victory lap for me, they felt like a much-needed way to bolster my anemic military and maybe throw in some more endgame path diversity for good measure. Granted, that may be paranoia and pessimism talking. I'd say if anything feels like a victory lap it's completing research in all schools. Which won't happen for two turns yet, but it's still more than a bit superfluous.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:51:31 pm by E. Albright »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 11, 2015, 02:13:53 pm »

The answer to 300+ gem overcasts is assassins.  Billions of them. :P

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 11, 2015, 03:57:06 pm »

You try assassinating a drinking fountain! Harder than it looks.

I've seen more gem-reduction sites in this game than I have in all of the rest of my MP Dominions games, combined. It was absurd. Dousheim should have won the game, frankly.

(e: I'm sharing these images because I just lost and, while the game isn't over, it may as well be, and I can't guarantee I'd remember to post these images once the game ends properly.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:02:20 pm by Darkwind3 »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 11, 2015, 06:21:34 pm »

That's quite a lot, yes. At this point in the game, I don't think there's any harm in giving you two more data points:

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 12, 2015, 11:28:03 am »

You try assassinating a drinking fountain! Harder than it looks.

I've seen more gem-reduction sites in this game than I have in all of the rest of my MP Dominions games, combined. It was absurd. Dousheim should have won the game, frankly.

(e: I'm sharing these images because I just lost and, while the game isn't over, it may as well be, and I can't guarantee I'd remember to post these images once the game ends properly.)
Heh, except I was taken out fairly early (only turn 40).  While I did manage to search out about everything except the Blood and Fire sites (only after I attacked Illen; I might have sat on my hands for longer if I had known about them before), I was never in a position to actually utilize them properly before I ended up getting knocked out of the game.  You can thank Karlito/Samarir for that; I actually recall saying when he launched his sneak attack that it was a matter of handing the game to Illen, so you can imagine that I'm a bit perversely pleased that Albright has all but won. ^_^

But, yeah, never underestimate the depths of my own incompetence. :P

EDIT: Somehow, I constructed my post as though simultaneously trying to respond to both E. Albright immediately above and Darkwind who I quoted, leading to some odd usage of the second-person.  Corrected that. >_<
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:51:48 am by Culise »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 12, 2015, 04:35:45 pm »

Mmph. I have some more involved commentaries about such things I'd like to mention, but they'll need to wait 1-3 more turns. If I had to bet, I'd say 2.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2015, 05:21:12 pm »

Freedom marches on, and nothing can stand before it. As the uncaring false God of This World stood by impassively [stale], the earnest followers of Gault brought enlightenment to all who freely chose to partake of it. The blasphemous shackles of the lizard-tyrants that even in death bound those enslaved by their collective whims to toil without reward were once more broken by the Lord of Men's Fates...
Spoiler: Freedom! (click to show/hide)
...the masses everywhere continued to cast off their chains and freely sell their enthusiastic labor, their priceless loyalty, and their virgin daughters' Childhood Expense Loan Repayment Indentures to the master of Illen, with only a poor, benighted few on the isle of the lizard-tyrants themselves still refusing to accept the truth of the Great Leap Forward...
Spoiler: Truth! (click to show/hide)
...and the ancient lords of this world and the next threw their might behind the sweeping wave of justice swiftly washing over Peliwyr, with the mighty Lord Herne wresting the aptly-named Sword of Injustice from the foul false prophet Boulder's scaly grip, and the noble Hunter Rarku severing the unholy bonds binding the Lower Throne to Aimur's vile will...
Spoiler: Justice! (click to show/hide)
...soon, likely next month, all of the world will rejoice and join together in one united chorus singing their heartfelt praises to Gault and the glory of the individual...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:03:40 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 15, 2015, 07:51:36 pm »

And with a glorious whimper rather than a bang, B12Dom4.10 is done. The graphs:

Spoiler: graphs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Fame (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illenese HOF members (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illen and its master (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illen's MVPs (click to show/hide)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! [AAR and such]
« Reply #658 on: May 15, 2015, 09:20:36 pm »

And now, a few thoughts.

Spoiler: Okay, more than a few (click to show/hide)

Oh, and if anyone wants a look-see at the endstate, or is curious how things looked at any point in the game (I had an excellent scout network), here's all but maybe one of my turns:

https://mega.co.nz/#!yc9VGTYJ!p3KA5ea1pEiorBUqBCdTSig2neIKtsCNNjnVRpkF9ZU

I say all but one because I'm pretty sure I didn't archive one turn between 10 and 30 because my count didn't agree with Llamaserver's, but I could never bring myself to go back and figure out which one I missed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:46:50 pm by E. Albright »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 16, 2015, 09:46:30 am »

Congratulations to the winner :P It was an interesting game. It's unfortunate that I staled so many times.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45