Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 68339 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

See here, everything from 8 Aug onwards. It's the Xibalba (all three eras)/Nazca/event modding patch. So it's a big'un. As far as major outstanding bugs go, transformation is fixed, but aerial raiding isn't. Cavalry also had its Def penalty from suffering multiple attacks per turn cut from the normal -2 to -1.

Oh. And you can no longer game Undisciplined IOT give them orders. That's a big one too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:30:21 pm by E. Albright »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:37 pm »

Oh, excellent! Though somewhat annoyingly the update doesn't seem to appear on their version log or similar places. Given that this patch has Incan Caeliums and 3 different Zotz nations... I can't wait to get my hands on it. Rather concidently, I was just searching when the new patch was coming out this morning, so I'm all hyped up for it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2014, 03:04:03 pm »

If you're exceedingly impatient and bought Dom4 through Desura, go here.

Spoiler: 4.14 Patchnotes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:15:40 pm by E. Albright »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 03, 2014, 03:20:39 pm »

Whoa, some of those modding things sound pretty useful and versatile. "Possible to make global ritual and nation effects with event modding" could make for some neat nationgen nations, too. Hard to balance probably, but ehhhh.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2014, 03:50:18 pm »

I think the most important thing to note is that it's now possible to play with a demonic parrot as your pretender. That's the real win here.

(As someone quipped on Desura, Dominions now supports pollytheism.)

(For my part, as someone involved in making content for NationGen, my duty is fairly clear here. I won't be able to meet my eye in the mirror until hoburgs can ride these thing's mortal cousins.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:15:17 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2014, 04:06:24 pm »

Hmmm, steam hasn't dropped the patch yet. Maybe I can get it somewhere else.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 03, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »

And the patch has officially appeared on Steam, meaning that I can finally get to see all of these awesome bat-people and mummies in action. Excellent.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:33 pm »

Yeah, I'm checking through the new nations now.

EA Xibalba: "The Ah K'in priests has[sic] promised them that if the Sun were to return to the caverns of Xibalba, the Zotz would once more wield the sacred splendour of the sun and the Sun Guides and their golden armors would become blessed with divine beauty."

They have a level 8 Enchantment global called Theft of the Sun, which does exactly what it says on the can. Basically, it seems to be saying the Sun Guides(cap-only sacreds) will get awe if you cast that spell. Neat.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 03, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »

The 850g commanders of Nazca are impressive, but their price tag matches. I think it'll be a really interesting nation to play, although it's a bit strange thinking about how to work with/combine typical Caelum strategies and typical undead nation strategies.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 03, 2014, 07:03:15 pm »

The problem with the mummies is that Nazca lacks good communion slaves. Their only/best option seems to be the 215 gold living priests which have a S random. Otherwise... I don't see anything else they can use, unless they have a recruit X mage with S on them. Given the path diversity of the mummies it's a real shame too, since they have all of those delicious crosspaths to throw around in battle. Though thinking about things even more, the lack of cheap S1 mages hurts them even more, since Mind Duel is a real and serious threat... Unless I'm forgetting things about mind duel not affecting the undead or something. I haven't really used that spell too much myself, honestly.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 03, 2014, 07:06:25 pm »

I dunno, you can usually find indy sages or amazons or something.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 03, 2014, 07:08:10 pm »

No, it's only Mindless that's immune.

OTOH, the royal mummies can summon 5 flying sacred Lemurian-legionaire-analogs per turn, and apparently more with the reanimation-boosting amulet. Which is vulgar.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 03, 2014, 07:10:17 pm »

Yeah, that Royal Mallqui is really something. It can cast two spells at once in combat because it's a husband and wife together, that's pretty neat. But eesh, 850 gold is a lot. Doesn't that make it the most expensive unit in the game? Nazca clearly wants order and growth.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 03, 2014, 07:10:50 pm »

I dunno, you can usually find indy sages or amazons or something.

You must have had better luck than me then, because I've rarely gotten indies with S on them. Definitely not a thing to base your entire strategy around is what I'm saying.

OTOH, the royal mummies can summon 5 flying sacred Lemurian-legionaire-analogs per turn, and apparently more with the reanimation-boosting amulet. Which is vulgar.

I thought that it was only 4 a turn to begin with, but yeah. Absolutely, insanely, wonderfully vulgar.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 03, 2014, 07:43:29 pm »

Patch is out. Might wanna delay the game 'til we know it's stable.

Added 24h on it. Llamaserver seems to have mail server issues to boot.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45