Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 68357 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Sub found Game on again!
« Reply #465 on: December 22, 2014, 11:52:30 am »

Hey, if you're tired of Dheathig's blazing guerilla defense then you only have to cry uncle and capitulate, Illen. PELLICUS is just generous to her enemies as she is to her chosen people. More or less. I'm sure that we can come up with a fair peace treaty for everyone. Like Dheathig getting half of your territory and several forts. Sounds pretty fair to me. :P

Also, thanks for bumping back the deadline for me... It's Christmas time, so you know. Hard to do turns when you're spending time with the family.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »

On account of my holiday schedule I postponed the game by 3 days, early hours of saturday 27th GMT is our current deadline. I'm most likely able to redo the postponement if the current turn resolves before that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 27, 2014, 06:20:53 pm »

Ah, sod it. I'm dropping out, guys. Sorry about that everyone, but I just can't bring myself to keep playing. I have no real drive or enthusiasm to keep submitting turns or work on diplomacy, and the last thing you all need is me to keep on dragging my feet and delay things for everyone else. Which isn't terribly fun or fair for you all either. If I thought that the game would be over for me in a couple turns then I'd probably tough things out, but... It's not. Hence why I'm dropping out.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! LOOKING FOR SUB (cheap FS giants)
« Reply #468 on: December 27, 2014, 10:13:49 pm »

Right-o.

To potential subs:
Dheathig is a nation of Fomorians and Abysians. Nation includes 70g FS fomorian mages and other goodies. You're at war with Illen, nation of fire casting lizards and humans. I'm sure other players can reveal more to any potential subs. We're at turn 42 and there's a few wars going on and other few recently ended. Couple of the players have died off and far as I can tell Dheathig is still in the fight.

Link to our mod can be found in the OP if you wish to peruse Dheathig or other nations involved with the game.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 28, 2014, 09:07:46 am »

I would still wish the sub to be homegrown Bay12'er, but I made a sub request over at desura MP forum to speed up the search. Anyone please correct me here or there if I told any horrible lies about anything. Link below:
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/looking-for-a-sub-nationgen-game-w-cheap-fs-giants

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 28, 2014, 09:47:38 am »

Well, I'm torn. Dheathig's position is both significantly better and worse than advertised. The blurb you offered isn't exactly accurate in re: their position, but correcting it would make me sound both stronger and weaker than I really want to...

(Well, and I'd have to give away more detailed intel than I'm entirely comfortable with...)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:50:38 am by E. Albright »

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 28, 2014, 02:41:41 pm »

In the absence of someone suitable, I can sub.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 28, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »

I don't think it's the easiest spot for an MP newbie, but we need a player and you could use the game experience.

I'll let you take a look at the turn but how about we also wait a day or two if someone more experienced comes along? PM me your email address and I'll rewire llamaserver to send you the turn file.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 28, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

Allow me to second Delta: we need a sub, but this is a really tricky spot for an inexperienced MP player. Dheathig is using smaller-armies/bigger-communions (although that's relative; their armies are small only by comparison to some of the others in the field), and has been exploiting a long-running mixed heavy-raiding/diplomacy strategy to keep Illen off-balance and threatened. At the same time, they're also currently having their heartland fairly seriously threatened by large-scale Illenese raid forces, and a misstep in could very well be catastrophic - or a well-played sequence of turns could definitively turn the tide in their favor.

So yes, it's not an ideal spot for an inexperienced player, though not an impossible one either.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 29, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »

Postponed 12h so that it won't stale while I'm at work.

So since it seems no-one else is biting, I'd be fine with Hatman subbing for Dheathig. And from the sound of it no-one is outright objecting it either.
Is there any diplo people want to go over or should Hatman just send his 2h to llamaserver?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 30, 2014, 01:58:01 am »

Well, I wish Hatman the best in his endeavors.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on once more!
« Reply #476 on: December 31, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »

Ah, my laptop has decided to do its best brick impression. I will be out of commission for at least a day. Probably three.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 31, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »

Miss Brick 2014, there's still time!

I slapped 72h on it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 03, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »

Interim solutions in place with long-term solutions on order. Turn submitted.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:15 am »

Well. I've submitted my turn. And provided the citizens of Deathig with universal healthcare. Unfortunately, I have inherited something of a defecit from the previous administration, and would like to apply to this gathering of nations for a loan.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45