Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: My Accidental Rorschach Tests (Also Known as My Art)  (Read 12992 times)

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some of My Art
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 06:11:27 pm »

The Burning Man:
Starting from this image: http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SGUS1-PR-0027.jpg
And using this image (although you can hardly tell now): http://images4.alphacoders.com/271/271584.jpg

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Accidental Rorschach Test (Also Known as My Art)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »

I vote the thread is renamed 'My accidental Rorschach tests'

Also, that one makes me think of Agent Smith from The Matrix. Doesn't even look like him, it just does.

Indeed.

Here's another Rorschach Test. What do you see?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Some of My Art
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 02:25:24 pm »

The Burning Man:
Starting from this image: http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/SGUS1-PR-0027.jpg
And using this image (although you can hardly tell now): http://images4.alphacoders.com/271/271584.jpg

This is actually quite neat.

And the new one is clearly a guy in a suit, in front of a chair partially obscuring a window.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Accidental Rorschach Tests (Also Known as My Art)
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 09:22:07 am »

This is actually quite neat.

And the new one is clearly a guy in a suit, in front of a chair partially obscuring a window.

Thanks.

And that interesting, I can see the window, but not the chair? Which part is that?

Also, if you're interested, I can show you the original image that I made that from.

Slenderman if he was the same height as a human.

That's what another of my friends said, but having never played that game, I wouldn't know.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 10:11:07 am »

The black thing right behind the guy. It reminds me of those large leather or fake leather desk chairs, I used to have one like that in my room. I'd actually like to see the original.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

The black thing right behind the guy. It reminds me of those large leather or fake leather desk chairs, I used to have one like that in my room. I'd actually like to see the original.

Ah. Well, here is the original (it's a picture of me):

And here is the next thing:

The Respectful Android:

As well as a little experiment into super abstract art. I like it, but I'm not sure anyone else will:

A Snowy Saturday Evening in a Forest Near Siauliai in November:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:36:50 pm by Illyris »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 04:39:28 pm »

The 'Android' looks more like something that fell out of an illustration for The Masque Of The Red Death.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 12:33:53 pm »

The 'Android' looks more like something that fell out of an illustration for The Masque Of The Red Death.
You know, it does.  Like a look through a stain-glass window at the Red Room.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 04:15:33 pm »

Oh, I think I found the cause of that. Illyris might be looking at the side profile silhouette shaped by the dark area on the left, meanwhile we are seeing what looks like an en face, The Scream-esque face in the middle.

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »

Oh, I think I found the cause of that. Illyris might be looking at the side profile silhouette shaped by the dark area on the left, meanwhile we are seeing what looks like an en face, The Scream-esque face in the middle.

You're right, it does look like something from The Masque of the Red Death. And I honestly don't know what you mean by the side profile silhouette, but am curious to know what you mean. I am looking at the face-shaped thing in the middle. It's hard to unsee the original image for me in these things.

I can't really say why I named it what I did, but its what jumped to mind when I looked at it, and I still feel it describes it well.

Also,

A City's Lights in the Eyes of the Artist:

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 03:40:01 pm »

Look to the left of the face in the middle. It looks like a profile of a face looking to the left, at the face in the middle's chin-level there's a squiggly lighter-red line, if you follow it left it touches what looks like a lower lip, the nose being the part sticking out the most to the left, the eye being the black circle on about the same level as the middle-face's eyes, a lighter eyebrow above it, then a slightly messy short-ish hairstyle outlined at the very top.

Do more like those and you can rename the thread 'Adventures in Pareidolia'.

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 07:47:45 pm »

Look to the left of the face in the middle. It looks like a profile of a face looking to the left, at the face in the middle's chin-level there's a squiggly lighter-red line, if you follow it left it touches what looks like a lower lip, the nose being the part sticking out the most to the left, the eye being the black circle on about the same level as the middle-face's eyes, a lighter eyebrow above it, then a slightly messy short-ish hairstyle outlined at the very top.

Do more like those and you can rename the thread 'Adventures in Pareidolia'.

Ah, I see. I hadn't even considered that before.

And I agree, but isn't the Rorschach test an example of pareidolia? Although, "Adventures in Pareidolia" is probably a more accurate title, considering these aren't actual Rorschach tests (or even very much like them).

Most things I do are very much like this because I am more of less incapable of actually drawing anything.

Dove:

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 06:16:40 am »

I tried to actually draw something, but I'm not really sure if I like it. I don't dislike it.

Obviously I was not going for ultimate realism.

Silesian Birch Forest (Or, The Phantom Cornfield):

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »

I'm somewhat concerned about the state of my mind because of that, but the first one looks to me like...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Must be the shading.

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 07:46:56 am »

I'm somewhat concerned about the state of my mind because of that, but the first one looks to me like...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Must be the shading.

The first one meaning the Dove? If so, I'm not surprised that it reminds you of birds. If you mean the Birch Forest, well, I have no idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4