Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My Accidental Rorschach Tests (Also Known as My Art)  (Read 12990 times)

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Accidental Rorschach Tests (Also Known as My Art)
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:28 pm »

1. -snip-

2. Huh, I would have never guessed and also cannot see any face. Well, there is one in the bottom left, looking down, but that's hardly yours.

Well, thanks for making these pictures. I like them and they make me activate my brain. I need that.

1. Oh yeah I see that. It's actually a picture of snow on shovel :) if you're curious.

2. Yeah it used to be more clear until I messed around with it more.

It's always good to hear someone appreciates them.

So I did this thing:

Which I liked a lot, so I did it again (kinda):

which I also liked. I'm not quite sure what it is about these but I really like them.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 07:29:06 am »

Ah, I see the shovel, I think. The "shoulder" is the handle?

These look like symbols in some kind of fantasy RPG again. The first one's made of metal or wood, affixed to a wall somewhere; the second one is drawn on paper.
As a religious symbol I think there might be something about the sun, maybe war (as a shield/buckler) or maybe it might be more mystical with more abstract symbolism, where there is something about circles and some kind of concept of where something (the world, the god, the believers, something else?) is seen as having five different aspects. Also the center is important and the five aspects point away from it, which might stand for the believers moving away from their roots, maybe due to curiosity or something else.
Maybe the circle is a barrier between the aspects of the believers and divine enlightenment and the… uhm, I'm missing a word here… 'spokes' are not pointing outwards but inwards, as a kind of tail/movement line.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 07:54:14 am »

Assuming we're see the same shoulder, yes.

I always find your interpretations interesting because these are often pretty mundane things. Yeah that's a good idea, probably much more interesting than mine, and I don't know what I would have come up with really because these were pretty quickly done so I didn't think about them too much.

Also:

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2015, 06:49:21 pm »

Well, my usual ideas on something to say about the stuff you do escapes me this time. I've been having this open for roughly eleven hours and have come up with nothing at all. I really like it, though. It's peaceful. I think it's just not deformed enough for me to start seeing unusual stuff in it. Not that that's bad – as I said, I like it.

In turn I find it interesting what you manage to make out of mundane things.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 09:51:12 pm »

Well, my usual ideas on something to say about the stuff you do escapes me this time. I've been having this open for roughly eleven hours and have come up with nothing at all. I really like it, though. It's peaceful. I think it's just not deformed enough for me to start seeing unusual stuff in it. Not that that's bad – as I said, I like it.

In turn I find it interesting what you manage to make out of mundane things.

Yeah unlike usual I actually almost liked this photo how it was, except for the quality which got fixed pretty quickly.

Thanks, that's really nice to hear. After all, all I have is mundane things so I have to do my best with what I have.

Also, I discovered a new technique while programming some stuff. Pretty much the program creates regions of similar colour in the pictures so that I can do stuff to it. While debugging and tweaking, I wanted to have it output the information it collected, so I had it show the regions in random colors on an image of the original size. I discovered it actually ended up looking pretty cool, so I did it to some famous paintings.

Therefore, here is a "recoloured" Dream Caused By the Flight of Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening by Salvador Dali. One of my favourites just because of the name, although the actual painting is nice too:

Here is the region starting areas and center points (also cool looking):

And here is a recoloured La Classe de Danse by Edgar Degas:

And finally, a recoloured Death of Sardanapalus by Eugene Delacroix:

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2015, 01:09:57 pm »

That's cool stuff. Although I guess it would be hard to make a Dali more psychedelic.

I wonder what you could do with that… Especially with the mid points.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2015, 07:46:12 pm »

A Boat sails into the Night:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:03:21 pm by Illyris »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2015, 09:38:14 am »

It looks like it's burning.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »

So it's been a really long time. I'm sure if I'm not supposed to do this, but it is my thread and the content is relevant. So I apologize for any offense.

But I've been waiting for some inspiration. I tried making some other things, some of the really simple, and a couple turned out alright, but they were a little too underwhelming -- even for this thread.

But recently (today), I made a new thing. There's a bunch of variations I've been playing with (mostly hairstyles, but also without all the lines coming out of the body), but here is my favorite so far.

This image was made entirely out of pieces from this (with lots of warping, rotating, and resizing, of course).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:17:32 pm by Illyris »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2015, 05:08:27 am »

I guess the folds? in the dress are made from that part to the right of the boobs in the original?

Impressive.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2015, 05:34:56 am »

I guess the folds? in the dress are made from that part to the right of the boobs in the original?

Impressive.

I believe the word is pleats, but I'm not 100% sure (because I don't wear skirts and dresses). They're made from that part on the left that makes up the left part of the neck in the original.

And thank you. I'm not really sure what to call it or anything, but I like it. Although I'm not entirely sure it really fits into the style of the things I've been doing, it feels almost like I'm trying to go into a more realistic style, which is something I don't tend to have any sort of skills with. Although, apparently I can modify lines, so who knows.

Also here is a version with longer pleats:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:31:23 am by Illyris »

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2016, 06:07:00 pm »

The State of Reason:

Their Halo:

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2016, 11:00:02 pm »

These are neat. Second one reminds me of a tree ring. Or maybe a leech.

Illyris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2016, 05:52:07 pm »

These are neat. Second one reminds me of a tree ring. Or maybe a leech.

Thank you.

Sometimes I think I'm better off without titles.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]