Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Dreams of Elan: And So This Story Ends  (Read 8666 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan: And So This Story Ends
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2021, 08:41:33 pm »

It's an interesting setup; I thought it was scum-sided at first but then town went and won so maybe I am wrong.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2021, 09:53:14 pm »

Feels like the setup would encourage passive play on the Friends part since there's incentive to wait for the Nightmare to make his shots since there's no reason to act until 3p lylo or the Best Friend dies. Would this game have played out any different if there were two less Friends?

I'm thinking maybe two less Friends and then remove the Best Friend role and then longer phases. The Dream team can wait for the Nightmare to make his shot and then have 3p lylo but there's more at stake and greater incentive to not wait around.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2021, 10:07:33 pm »

Setup is cool. Nothing to say. I liked the flavor.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:10 pm »

Setup needs to be tested again, obviously. :P

Disagree with Jim a bit, as more Friends and phases gives more information.  It was Blue's death that told me who the Nightmare was.
However, maybe one less friend role, everything else staying the same.  I felt like nothing really happened until the first friend bit the dust.

Of course, the whole point of the setup is to expandable, so it can be played with a little as 4 and as many as...I dunno.

With a larger group, could the Nightmare have a lackey/junior?  Someone that wins with the Nightmare but can't awaken and probably doesn't control the night kill.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]