Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 73882 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 06:01:42 pm »

"Oh, hey Boss? We have a military surplus store as one of our fronts? That could be handy for armor and such."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:24 pm »

"Heh, sure, I'll do whatever I need to do. Hopefully it'll involve lots and lots of explosives!" Michael grins
"Oh, hey Boss? We have a military surplus store as one of our fronts? That could be handy for armor and such."

"And you should keep your bomb-happiness down. Some explosions may be needed, but we aren't blowing up more than is necessary." Milno points out, turning his head to stare at Michael before answering Rookie's question. "No, I figured military stuff wouldn't exactly be left unsupervised so I went with hunting and hobby shooting. You can ask Steve if it's less suspicious down there than I imagine it to be, anyway. By the way, I expect a more active role from you this time around, but mainly so from Skylar. He'll be the one leading the team and under evaluation, unless whatever modifications he's getting done get him out of commission."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 10:55:31 pm »

"I'll ask Steve, but I have a feeling you'll be right anyways. Usually doesn't hurt to ask though. I...that seems fair. I have no problem with more being more active this time around. Just give me direction."

Ask Steve:"So, would a military surplus store be acceptable on this planet? Or is that kind of thing just not done here? If it wouldn't be seen as a highly unusual thing, could we have a military surplus store as a front also? Maybe have it's address be a bit further away from the bank to keep from getting people suspicious."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 01:13:19 am »

Ready to go, a bit too out of it to RP right now. Apologies.

Planning to bring some mini-cams and a fresh datapad
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:18:37 am by Kriellya »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:27 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: In the shuttle with you.

"So, we six are the team then? I suppose introductions are in place, as only one I know by name is Milno. I'm Ulrich Leland, nice to meet you lot."

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 10:40:05 am »

"I'll ask Steve, but I have a feeling you'll be right anyways. Usually doesn't hurt to ask though. I...that seems fair. I have no problem with more being more active this time around. Just give me direction."

Ask Steve:"So, would a military surplus store be acceptable on this planet? Or is that kind of thing just not done here? If it wouldn't be seen as a highly unusual thing, could we have a military surplus store as a front also? Maybe have it's address be a bit further away from the bank to keep from getting people suspicious."

>Not really. Military surplus places are going to sell knives, gas masks, hollowed out grenades, clothing, etc. They're not gonna sell heavy ordinance to random civilians.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50:17 pm »

"Sky and Rookie, I need you to be more proactive this mission. Thomas is down in the dumps since his albino girl died, so you're what I've got. I'm joining but I want the scouting and most tasks to be done under your command and supervision. I'll probably get into the 'action' phase of the plan, but until then I wanna see how you deal with things." Milno explains before leaving and returning without his armor on, just a sun-deprived, pale-skinned young man. "Everyone sit tight, strap down and we'll get this done."

We're good to go. The mechanist glove also comes, hidden and disguised, if need be, even as a modern art piece.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 02:49:17 pm »

Respond to Steve:"Actually, I was mostly interested in items like gas masks. I was mostly thinking of items of a defensive nature that were military grade, or at least as close as possible."

Make sure to grab a data pad loaded with relevant Wayfarer texts, documents, culture for this planet, things like that. Read them on the way down.  And grab two of each kind of battle stim, just to have extra.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:51:37 pm by renegadelobster »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 12:35:55 am »

Respond to Steve:"Actually, I was mostly interested in items like gas masks. I was mostly thinking of items of a defensive nature that were military grade, or at least as close as possible."

Make sure to grab a data pad loaded with relevant Wayfarer texts, documents, culture for this planet, things like that. Read them on the way down.  And grab two of each kind of battle stim, just to have extra.
I believe I tried to address those extra battle stim things in the other thread.

And this, honestly.

For now, worry much less about culture and more on a plan to take the bank. You don't need to blend in seamlessly. We'll consider you get them, but I'm just telling you now that spending 10 turns reading through them most likely won't amount to much. This place is cosmopolitan enough that as long as you do your best to mimic what you see around you, you should pass completely unnoticed.

"Sky and Rookie, I need you to be more proactive this mission. Thomas is down in the dumps since his albino girl died, so you're what I've got. I'm joining but I want the scouting and most tasks to be done under your command and supervision. I'll probably get into the 'action' phase of the plan, but until then I wanna see how you deal with things." Milno explains before leaving and returning without his armor on, just a sun-deprived, pale-skinned young man. "Everyone sit tight, strap down and we'll get this done."

We're good to go. The mechanist glove also comes, hidden and disguised, if need be, even as a modern art piece.
Sun-deprived, pale skinned, yes, but heavily scarred too. Do not forget, Frankenstein, that you wear the past in fibrous pink gashes and puckered puncture wounds.

Regardless, lets get this underway, shall we?

The shuttle lifts off, sliding from the hanger and out in to weightlessness as it escapes the manipulator fields of the ship. You feel a sudden vertigo as gravity dissipates, a wave of dizziness washes over you and makes your eyes water. Your ears pop and then things are normal again, and your stomach is back in your chest and not crawling up your throat. The trip down is quiet, easy, even the entry is little more then a short period of vibration and the slow return of gravity.

When the ship finally settles to a halt and the rear doors open, it is to a blinding expanse of knee high grass. The grass, yellowish and serrated, gleams almost metallically in the light of an early sunrise. The clouds shine a milky red on the horizon, think walls of mountainous cumulonimbus foretelling rain for some region southward, toward the half obscured clay red disk of the sun. Across the dew coated grass, some 50 feet from the shuttle, was a larger, private but clearly civilian vessel: the lines of it were smoother, elongated for stylistic reasons more then aerodynamic considerations, and the white coloration of the ship made it look like some sort of bulbous, multi-lobed egg, struck through horizontally with dark blue racing stripes that ran from nose to tail. A side hatch is open on the civilian vessel and there is a man peering out from inside it.

"You the crew? I'm supposed to take you into the city. There are some clothes in the back. Get dressed."

And with that he disappears, headed toward the cockpit.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 01:16:35 am »

"Roger."

Michael gets in the craft and locates the local clothing to change into, which he proceeds to do.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 01:28:54 am »

((Oops. My bad.))

Get into the craft and change clothes

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 03:04:26 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Civilian vessel

Get in and change clothes. Take a seat and prepare for trip.

"Do you guys think this man knows about our job here?"

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 03:12:16 am »

"Eh, maybe. Probably not. Best not to worry about it. By the way, names Thaddeus, wasn't really paying attention earlier when you introduced yourself. Sorry 'bout that."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 03:23:49 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Civilian vessel

"No worries, departure was quite sudden after all. I was just wondering if it's safe to talk about our task with him being on earshot."
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 03:51:54 am »

"I think it might just be better to wait till we're where we need to be."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40