Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 73757 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2015, 02:14:04 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Safety box room

"Good, now go and open the Vault door. You might have to deal with soggoth there, but I'm confident you can handle them."

Get inside the Safety box room and start breaking open boxes that are big enough to contain our target. Use x-ray of cameye goggles to narrow it down. Once primary target is found, stuff it into my backback.
Get duffel bags down here, open all other boxes and pack everything valuable into bags.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:47:16 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2015, 02:56:07 am »

"Hey Sky? Could you move your new squishy friend away from the vault door so that we don't piss it of when we start cutting through it? Thanks bud."

Use cam-eyes to see which safety deposit box is the target and direct Ulrich to that one first. After that move the cutting laser over to the main vault door and charge a CON bonus. Wait for Skylar to move the techno-shoggoth away from the vault door.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:21:55 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2015, 03:15:57 am »

((You plan to ignore all techno-soggoth pooled on vault door?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2015, 04:45:56 am »

((Eh...the laser should cut through it. I think. Wasn't planning on cutting this turn anyways. Was gonna back far away and ask if Skylar could move it out of the way. Are we even sure where the techno-shoggoth is right now?))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2015, 05:08:06 am »

((Yes, we are sure.))

Skylar manages to not only open the door but also to cause the shoggoth thing to trundle down the hall and over next to the vault.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2015, 05:17:02 am »

((Huh. Must of not read that part. Welp, time to change my action. My bad.))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:22:11 am by renegadelobster »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2015, 03:48:54 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

Still vigilant.

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Same.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »

Assist in breaking in the vault with the laser.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2015, 05:44:25 pm »

Feel free to just light that on fire... The interference is bad, I don't trust my ability to control it without issue.

I can try moving it, but you should be prepared for it to charge you or... worse.

If requested, attempt to move the shoggoth out of the way or use it to open the vault.

Keep watching the interference and complete lack of sensible communication.
Attempt #2: Find the enter key and hack those servers!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2015, 10:34:22 am »

"Good, now go and open the Vault door. You might have to deal with soggoth there, but I'm confident you can handle them."

Get inside the Safety box room and start breaking open boxes that are big enough to contain our target. Use x-ray of cameye goggles to narrow it down. Once primary target is found, stuff it into my backback.
Get duffel bags down here, open all other boxes and pack everything valuable into bags.

You walk over to the first potential box and start trying to get it open with your crowbar. But you can't seem to get it in; the door protecting the box is very flush with the doors next to it and you can't get enough of the bar into the crack to get any real purchase.

"Hey Sky? Could you move your new squishy friend away from the vault door so that we don't piss it of when we start cutting through it? Thanks bud."

Use cam-eyes to see which safety deposit box is the target and direct Ulrich to that one first. After that move the cutting laser over to the main vault door and charge a CON bonus. Wait for Skylar to move the techno-shoggoth away from the vault door.
You wheel the laser rig back out to the vault door (after some difficulty wiggling it through the holes) and set it up, pointed at the Vault door.

Feel free to just light that on fire... The interference is bad, I don't trust my ability to control it without issue.

I can try moving it, but you should be prepared for it to charge you or... worse.

If requested, attempt to move the shoggoth out of the way or use it to open the vault.

Keep watching the interference and complete lack of sensible communication.
Attempt #2: Find the enter key and hack those servers!

From the talk in the thread about just shooting it, I'm not sure if thats what you guys want to do or not. As in I'm not sure if he would have requested to move it again after hearing about the interference. So we'll assume not.

The internal servers, the ones that weren't destroyed when a certain teammate went rambo, contain bank records, account info, that sort of thing.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2015, 11:08:52 am »

((@Aoshima Mechanist glove might help with the safety deposit box))

"I...hmm. Fuck it. Hey Skylar? We're going to get the hell away from your squishy friend. Go ahead and try moving it."

Edit: Get away from the techno-shoggoth and drag Michael with me. Get into the safety deposit box room and help Ulrich with getting our target.

IF the shoggoth freaks out, disable it, as best as possible,  with the microwave amp. Or run away. Which ever seems safer.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:50:46 pm by renegadelobster »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2015, 11:10:40 am »

((It could help, but it don't have it. Milno does.))

What door? Is there something you forgot to mention when we visited here last time? Besides I got those cutters for breaking these things. Surely I bought proper tools after seeing what we have to deal with?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:15:00 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2015, 06:24:36 pm »

((@Aoshima Mechanist glove might help with the safety deposit box))

"I...hmm. Fuck it, we'll just cut around Mr. Squishy here."

Carefully, extremely carefully, cut through the vault door, being sure to avoid cutting the techno-shoggoth(using the CON bonus)

Are you suuuuure?

If you touch the shoggoth, you get to play B'rer Rabbit.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2015, 07:14:21 pm »

((Yeah, I know. I'm trying to avoid messing with the shoggoth any more than we have to. The door will either fall backwards and we just step around it, or fall forward and squish it. I think(hope) that's the easiest way to do this, cause we do need it to look like an actual robbery.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 02, 2015, 08:06:33 pm »

Again, assist in cutting into the vault itself
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40